Script: BB-Code & global search

This is where you can find conversation partners. Maybe they can even help you create a new banner or solve any other problems!

Moderator: moderators

Script: BB-Code & global search

Post by Guest » Fri May 02, 2008 4:08 pm

I adapted this script from Kapiland.de for Kapi-Regnum.de and now for Kapi-Regnum.com. It inserts a field to search for citys right below your cities data. It looks like this:

>>>download<<<

How to install it:
  1. Firefox Browser (version 1.5 up to 3.0b5pre) needs to be installed (download and installation of Firefox)
  2. Greasemonkey (Version 0.7.20080121.0) needs to be installed (download and installation of greasemonkey)
  3. Restart Firefox to assure that greasemonkey is activated properly
  4. go to this webpage and click on the button "Install this script"
  5. wait for the script to be installed
  6. use your brand new search-devise

---------------------

Another Script I made is this little Firefox extension formerly for the german community. I now adapted it to the international Kapi-Regnum. It inserts some shortcuts which trigger the BB-Codes in the Dovecote. As this is an Add-on only thing you need is Firefox 1.0 or above.

The script makes the text gadget look like this:

The tags are added just by clicking the shown symbols which makes the usage of BB-Codes more comfortable.

>>>Download<<<

Installation notes:
1. Download "regnumbbcode.xpi"
2. Use "regnumbbcode.xpi" by double-clicking it
3a. Firefox should start installing automatically
3b. If Firefox doesn't start installing it, but your system says something like "dunno what to do with it, pal" rightclick on the file and then chose Firefox as the program to associate with.
4. use your brand new codes :D

Post by Guest » Fri May 02, 2008 7:37 pm

good add-on... tho I cant get the scrip to work (it just downloads)

Post by Guest » Fri May 02, 2008 7:59 pm

which one?

Post by Guest » Fri May 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Code: Select all

regnumbbcodes 1.0 konnte nicht installiert werden, da es nicht kompatibel mit Firefox 1.5.0.8 ist. (regnumbbcodes 1.0 ist nur zu Firefox Version 2 bis 99 kompatibel)
Ahh well, guess i gotta update anyway :P

Post by Guest » Fri May 02, 2008 10:55 pm

changed it. Should now be working with every Firefox version

Post by Guest » Sat May 03, 2008 1:25 am

hmnn.. the city search script didn't work then.

btw, bb codes add-on works fine in firefox v3b5

Post by Guest » Sat May 03, 2008 7:52 am

did you install greasemonkey? The city-search-script only works with greasemonkey-addon