High pricing, low pricing and cheating ?

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

High pricing, low pricing and cheating ?

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:26 pm

I was puzzled (We, we were puzzled your most honoured leader ... [cough] ... as a Mighty City ) :roll:

We were puzzled as to the meaning of accounts being locked due to price fluctuations during contests.

Do we as a city (Do I, as you, our most honoured leader of your Great and Powerful City .. [cough] ... ) :roll:

Do I as the leader of A fine and Mighty City have the right to set the prices of the goods I wish my Mighty and Powerful City to sell? I keep prices in my Cities notebook, and the lowest price of the items; within 15% or so, but do not keep a record of the prices above those.

How do we (yes Mighty leader, we :? ) the leaders of the Great Cities and Protectors of the Guilds look out for “cheating”, what are the signs? :shock:

As leader of a city I have been required to keep a close eye on those that I allow to live within the confines of the Mighty City wall, and any that do not perform well are thrown over them in the cover of night. :(

pearlbay

Re: High pricing, low pricing and cheating ?

Post by pearlbay » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:41 am

Hi Ardour,

if any of your accounts has been closed due to price fluctuations during the contests, please get in touch with our support-team, and we'll take a look into this then, and shall reopen the affected accounts upon verification. Our system may have closed the accounts because the prices fluctuated too quickly.

My apologies for any inconveniences caused!

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Re: High pricing, low pricing and cheating ?

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Late to the party, but I'd add that things should not be sold for below production price. Some goods are easier to know than others, but if you're worried about your own sales, that's one thing to be cautious of. In terms of high prices, if someone is willing to pay it, it's less of an issue. (At least that's my understanding.) Typically the high price is controlled by market forces, in that people aren't going to pay 100cts for a beet. (Unless maybe it's a really fine quality beet and is needed for a contest or something.) So you might offer a beet for a high price, but it'll probably sit on the market for a long time. In my experience, my guild is able to trade goods during contests for lower-than-market prices without getting flagged. (Not lower than production costs, though.)