Questions on Research

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

Questions on Research

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:41 pm

How early should a player start researching? Constructing a building takes a lot of ones money early on, so when is it worth building research facilities?

Along with that, how important is the research? It's hard to know how many resources should go into building or upgrading research buildings when you are trying to build and upgrade so many other buildings.

Some buildings like the Monastery Garden have a lot of items to research. Is it better to upgrade it constantly, or build more than one?

Duffhead
upjers staff

Re: Questions on Research

Post by Duffhead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:31 am

Research is necessary to improve the quality of your goods. At the beginning of the game, you should decide what branch you're going to set your trade in (cattle breeding, groceries, etc). According to your business plan, you can then set out and build your strategy, since you surely don't need to research industries you're never going to use anyway. I can only give you general guidance, but if you contact one of the guild masters in-game or here in the forum, I'm sure they'll be glad to help you and take you under their wings.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:30 pm

i pretty much agree with duff here,as for the third question , i suggest you build at least 2 of the research facilities (for each product )you need for your end-product.
(ex.:goats --> 2MG for beets + 2 Master Breeder for goats)
That way you can alternate research and upgrades and you wont loose research-time (same goes for production buildings).

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:59 am

I can't stress enough how important research is, except to say that I agree very strongly with the above answers. I particularly agree with Freimettigen, build multiple buildings and stay in constant upgrade. Research is one of those things that doesn't help as much early on, but which you cannot wait to start. It is like market stalls..you can't do much with them early, but you don't dare wait until later to start growing them up to size.

While you are busy getting started with researches and upgrades, continue to make goods at q0. A q3,4,5 is totally useless. Make q0, which you can sell at any time on the open market, and keep upgrading and researching until you get to something in the double digits, anyway. As Duffhead indicated, feel free to contact other players with some time in to get more detailed ideas on how to go about planning around these issues. 8)

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:38 am

Just send those questions to Stoner :)

Btw, I'd suggest 3 lodges per product/sub component. Also, early on, look for suppliers that would sell you nice quality raw materials and some wen buy back the finished product. Get your manufacturing (production of any kind) in order before you go about researching. Do build and start upgrading the research buildings though. Take them to 1000sqm or so at least and you'd have had had time to build up an income stream to support the research and concurrent upgrades.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:22 am

PK craves newbie questions. Please, keep him feeling good about himself and ask as much as you can of him. :D