Contests for mill bakeries?

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

Contests for mill bakeries?

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Out of curiosity, does anybody who plays on other realms know if there's been mill bakery contests yet? I was figuring here it's because they're fairly new and probably not a lot of capacity lying around for them. I seem to recall a syrup contest when I started an account on one of the other realms, but since my German and Dutch really don't exist, I could have had it all wrong! :)

Re: Contests for mill bakeries?

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:29 pm

jediping wrote:Out of curiosity, does anybody who plays on other realms know if there's been mill bakery contests yet? I was figuring here it's because they're fairly new and probably not a lot of capacity lying around for them. I seem to recall a syrup contest when I started an account on one of the other realms, but since my German and Dutch really don't exist, I could have had it all wrong! :)
There have been a syrup and a gingerbread contest on the german realms some time ago... :)

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Good to know! I think I'll continue to keep my bakeries in small enough upgrades that I could be of use in a competition, should the Mighty Upjers deign to grant us such a competition. :lol: Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being silly going that route, instead of just setting them to max out in another 2-3 years. :P

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:33 am

Hi there,

we'll deign you with anything that might be interesting for you in a contest. :lol: Just trying to both be diverse as well as find a common subject for both the guild's contest as well as the regular contest, when creating new ones. More fun that way, I think. ;)

And indeed, it generally makes sense to wait a while until using a newly added product/building in a contest. But I'll bear your suggestion in mind! :)

Cheers,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:36 pm

I wouldn't say I actively want such a competition yet--I think it would be hard on most guilds with the newer buildings. Biggest of any of the bakeries I've seen so far is around 4000sqm, which isn't a lot of product. Maybe in another couple of months... :D

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:59 am

OK, jediping, I'll bear this in mind! :D

Cheers,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:45 pm

:lol: .. hahaha .. dont worry about the size of them,thats what makes it all interessting.. see who can make the best use of them during a contest .. :wink:

Re: Contests for mill bakeries?

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:47 am

jediping wrote:Out of curiosity, does anybody who plays on other realms know if there's been mill bakery contests yet? I was figuring here it's because they're fairly new and probably not a lot of capacity lying around for them. I seem to recall a syrup contest when I started an account on one of the other realms, but since my German and Dutch really don't exist, I could have had it all wrong! :)
Yes, there has been. :D

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:40 pm

.. hahaha .. dont worry about the size of them,thats what makes it all interessting.. see who can make the best use of them during a contest .
Totally agree! 8)

I would go further and state that I like contests in buildings that few people have, like Printing Presses and Goldsmiths. Keeps everyone from throwing them away as useless. When teamed with indi's that require some of the same resources, it makes Guilds and Individuals make choices. Never a bad thing in my book. :wink:

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:05 am

I'll keep your thoughts in mind for future contests! :-) I'm both trying to keep the products varied, and, of course, to be able to fit them into some context, but, with a bit of thinking, pretty much every product offers some interesting ideas for a brief story-line. ;-)

So thanks for all your feedback, I'll surely make use of it in future contests. :)

Cheers,

pearlbay