supply and demand

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

supply and demand

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:22 am

What happens if you meet 100% demand for a product?

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:30 am

I think this may be next to impossible, because sales speed will go down when supply/demand increases.

I am not sure about this, but I think the daily variations in sales speed are due to:
1. Average price variations
2. Average quality variations
3. Variations in Supply/Demand
This is not 100% sure, because it is hard to say which part of the daily variations in sales speed is caused by which factor.

Just because there are so many dead cities creating demand, but not supplying anything, the demand is always much bigger than supply, so it is not so noticable.
If you read earlier posts, also in german forums, I think there supply was much close to demand, and oversupply did reduce sales speed then.

I guess players who have played at .com from the start may know about this ?

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Which makes sense....

However...... if you run several days worth of goods in your markets... . the daily fluctuation does not affect it. *IF* you change the prices WHILE it's selling, then the statistics for THIS day will affect your sales price/time.

I have tested that. You would need to change the price or run a new batch every day in order for the "new" statistics to take effect.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:22 pm

You are right also the goods are only gone once you open the market stall, so if you put up maximum amount of goods in several market stalls at the same time, you may be able to reach 100% or more on one day. By the way, it is already enough to open the a marketstall for the change to take effect.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Paracelcus wrote:By the way, it is already enough to open the a marketstall for the change to take effect.
I have never experienced that. It doesn't change on mine unless you tamper with the prices.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:38 pm

I will check my facts better next time. You get money for your goods, and they will (probably) be taken into the statistics, but the speed is not changed.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:03 am

Paracelcus wrote:I will check my facts better next time. You get money for your goods, and they will (probably) be taken into the statistics, but the speed is not changed.
Yeah, I think that's the case. I rarely enter my buildings direct. I use the admin buildings. Maybe it's different also if you enter them direct?

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:24 pm

I've never had the speed of selling changed by directly shaking down my market stall workers. :)