Just WONDERing...

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

Just WONDERing...

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:49 pm

If a city joins a guild after ther Wonder is built do they still receive it's benefits? Also, do all cities receive equal benefit? Or is it based on contributions?

Most sunny thanks

BB 8)

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:04 am

Hi Brent,

no, if you join after the Wonder of the World has been built, you won't receive a benefit. All participants will receive a certificate, in which it will be noted how much they contributed, so yes, the difference will be shown, but everyone will receive a certificate, and everyone will be able to build the library afterwards.

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:18 pm

So why is it that on the German server I had long ago joined a guild (not for this reason, though) that had finished the wonder yet was receiving benefits from it, even though it was finished BEFORE I arrived?

Duffhead
upjers staff

Post by Duffhead » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:57 am

According to the programmer, that should not have been the case. However, it seems that this has been fixed in the meantime, so the error should not be reproducible.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:07 pm

ok since we are on the subject of Narble.. if a player donates a large amount and leaves the guild ... the donated stone stayes in the guild .. now if said guild is dessolved after will that Narble be returned to the players that left and are still activ ? :wink:

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:09 pm

I had this case month ago & I got back half of it when I remember correctly.
regards, Volki

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:12 pm

i know the players get the 75 % of donated marble back if they are kicked out of the guild and even if the guild is deleted while they are still members .. im just wondering if they still get it back even doh they left befor the guild is deleted. :)

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:39 pm

pearlbay wrote:Hi Brent,

no, if you join after the Wonder of the World has been built, you won't receive a benefit. All participants will receive a certificate, in which it will be noted how much they contributed, so yes, the difference will be shown, but everyone will receive a certificate, and everyone will be able to build the library afterwards.

Best regards,

pearlbay
Are you saying they receive benefits based on how much they donate? If so, I assume it is a percentage based on percentage of contributed stone? I need to be very clear before I post a thread for the guild. That is why I am being a stickler here.;-)

Oh yeah, we aren't actually using Narble. We are building reefs and cess-pool liners with it. Don't worry! The mall at our Wonder will not smell like the foul stuff!!!!! :?

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:46 pm

what is the minimum of marble donation for a city to benefit from the wonder of the world? I want to post this on our guild forum so that we can make sure that all the cities in our guild will benefit once it's completed.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:31 pm

According to our programmers, you only need to donate one unit of marble, to benefit. But of course the more you donate, the more certificates/the more reputation points you will get.

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:36 pm

pearlbay wrote:According to our programmers, you only need to donate one unit of marble, to benefit
:lol:

Ok, so now here is another few questions for you :D

1. If the wonder is built 100%, and somebody leaves the guild, do people need to redonate marble to compensate?

2. What if a member is expelled from inactivity? Generally they always receive 75% of the marble that they had donated. Would this be the case AFTER the WoW is 100% complete, making a necessity to redonate the lost amount?

3. If a city is expelled or leaves after the wonder is built do they bring the benefits outside the guild with them? What if they join another guild?

4. If a city is expelled or leaves after the wonder is built, do their benefits go back to the members that stayed and bump up their benefits? Or is the benefit gone permanently from that portion of the wonder? Is there any way to get it back so that the guild as a whole has 100% of the benefits of their wonder (instead of "lost" parts)?

5. What if a city is deleted? What happens then?

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:38 am

Fierz wrote:
Ok, so now here is another few questions for you :D
I am bracing myself, and will do my best to answer them all to the best of my knowledge! ;)
Fierz wrote: 1. If the wonder is built 100%, and somebody leaves the guild, do people need to redonate marble to compensate?
No, once the Wonder of the World has been completed, it is complete. If a guild-member leaves now, he won't be returned any marble, since it that marble is now part of the completed Wonder.
Fierz wrote: 2. What if a member is expelled from inactivity? Generally they always receive 75% of the marble that they had donated. Would this be the case AFTER the WoW is 100% complete, making a necessity to redonate the lost amount?
As above, if they are expelled after the WoW has been built, they won't be returned any of the already donated marble. They will only be returned part of their donations (as you correctly said 75%) if the Wonder of the World has not been completed yet.
Fierz wrote: 3. If a city is expelled or leaves after the wonder is built do they bring the benefits outside the guild with them? What if they join another guild?
The prizes they receive are theirs to keep of course, no matter if they stay with the guild or leave it. If they join another guild now, they will of course receive b e rewarded again if they participate there and the Wonder of the world is completed.
Fierz wrote: 4. If a city is expelled or leaves after the wonder is built, do their benefits go back to the members that stayed and bump up their benefits? Or is the benefit gone permanently from that portion of the wonder? Is there any way to get it back so that the guild as a whole has 100% of the benefits of their wonder (instead of "lost" parts)?
Do you mean the reputation the player gains in combination with the certificates they receive? The reputation points are tied to the certificates that the players received and naturally they will keep those even after they leave the guild.
Fierz wrote:5. What if a city is deleted? What happens then?
Their donations will stay with the guild, since they have neither been expelled nor decided to leave by themselves.

Hope I managed to answer all your questions satisfactorily - if not, please feel free to prod and poke me. :)

Cheers,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:31 pm

OK, now I would like to make some of this clear. I am seeing words flung around in what seem to be differing contexts...

By benefit, I am going to mean: the ability go gain prizes.

So, I get that they keep their prizes if leaving a guild, that makes sense, but do they continue to get the benefit of the wonder? Will they KEEP getting prizes if they leave the guild, or even join another guild??

Can you benefit from more than one Wonder that you help build at a time, or only the most recent?

I hope you understand our interest here. We are having policy debates, and don't want to make the mistake of getting ahead of ourselves, or mis-representing the any aspects of the WoW. We want to know what we are doing before we do it. :wink:

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Pearlbay, yep, you answered them, but now Stoney brings up more questions that spark my interest :lol:

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:51 am

:lol: I'll do my best to answer these as well!

OK, so here goes:

[quote=Stonehaven]By benefit, I am going to mean: the ability go gain prizes.[/quote]

Ah, OK, then I got that wrong - I thought benefit referred to the prizes themselves. What I was talking about are the prizes.

[quote=Stonehaven]
So, I get that they keep their prizes if leaving a guild, that makes sense, but do they continue to get the benefit of the wonder? Will they KEEP getting prizes if they leave the guild, or even join another guild??[/quote]

So, in that case - no, if they leave the guild, they leave with the prizes they have received - or without any, if the Wonder of the World hasn't been completed and no prices have been dished out yet.

[quote=Stonehaven]
Can you benefit from more than one Wonder that you help build at a time, or only the most recent?[/quote]

Since you can only be in one guild at a time, you can only gain prizes for its completion there. If you leave the guild after the Wonder has been completed, then join a new one, you can participate here as well, and you will receive the respective prizes once the Wonder has been completed as well.

Hope that answers all questions, if you have further ones, keep firing them, please. ;-)

Cheers,

pearlbay