Statistics, Price, and Quality

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

Statistics, Price, and Quality

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Who changes the statistics cap on the price per item and how do we affect that?

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:54 am

Hi BlackPhase,

it seems I am not fully up to speed yet... ;-) So for give me for asking - What do you mean by "statistics cap"?

Cheers,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:03 pm

under statistics for product sales it says a certain price, for example beer never goes above 333.33 ct, schnapps never goes above 421.05 ct.... regardless of quality used. It can drop lower but it never raises above that.

How DOES it go higher? How does average price go up and can we do (if anything) to affect it?

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:16 am

Ah, I see, thank you for the clarification.

These numbers are determined by the market sales. Why do certain products never rise above a certain price?

Well, even though there is technically no price-limit, there is still always a maximum price that is rarely surpassed. These numbers vary from server to server, by the way. You have listed "Schnapps" as an example.

These are the numbers from the English server:

product number price quality
schnapps 210.928 404,33 ¢τ 17,41

These are the numbers from German server 1:

product number price quality
Schnaps 1.781.516 421,05 ¢τ 20,58

The numbers can of course be affected, but there is definitely always a maximum price that the products would really be sold for. Does that make sense? I can try to explain a little better, otherwise :-)

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:52 am

BlackPhase wrote:under statistics for product sales it says a certain price, for example beer never goes above 333.33 ct, schnapps never goes above 421.05 ct.... regardless of quality used. It can drop lower but it never raises above that.

How DOES it go higher? How does average price go up and can we do (if anything) to affect it?
Hint: Its a function of the average wage, so by hiring more high wage staff you can increase the average wage and therefore the upper limit for prices.

Although if people don't raise there prices above 333.33ct it can't go past it :)