Is trading coins a fair way to make money?

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

Is trading coins a fair way to make money?

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:36 pm

I have just recently started playing Kapi-Regnum and I was thinking of purchasing coins and trading them for thailers to aid my somewhat arduous progress so far. I was just wondering if this would be frowned upon by fellow players as a form of cheating or if it is something players do all the time? I know there is nothing really stopping me doing this but I don't wan't to do anything that would anger other players as I really enjoy this game.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:05 pm

or if it is something players do all the time?
It is indeed something players do all the time. Actually a bit too few of them does, and that is why we have so insane high coin prices on this server.

So its really up to you to deside if its cheating or not:) Another way of aiding your arduous progress would be to join our guild, where we have several ways of helping the growth of starting cities. Cheap buildings for sale is one, good markets for goods is a second and we also have a subsidy of building material that amounts to several million every day. So if you want, you are very welcome:)

Good luck further with the governing of your city!

Regards, Rabids of Korvholm:)

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:24 am

I for one never liked coin trading too much!

BUT, to trade to catch up to the game is actually good :) In fact, ther are features in the game that will mean that you would not reach the same level as older players even if your cash + allod says you are! So, there is not a chance of bing unfair :P

The only time I ever frown on coin trading is when its used to win contests! That is a little lame. About the same as typing in the 'god mode' cheat in a video game.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:47 pm

I like buying coins to support the two Upjers games I play, and I have found it's a good way to get a lot of thalers. One warning--your level is based on both your allod and your cash, and the higher up in level you go, the slower your production and upgrade times are. I ended up buying a LOT of my bigger buildings, because the times to upgrade were too long for my impatient nature.

I also provide coins for a rather steep discount to my guildies and our allies, or at least I do when I have them to hand. :) I understand why they're so expensive, but it can make it hard for newer players with no cash to enjoy the benefits of a premium account.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:49 pm

the higher up in level you go, the slower your production and upgrade times are.
Upgrade times doesnt change, ever. Only difference in upgrade times are depending on witch building you wish to upgrade, but it has nothing to do with rank or anything.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:11 pm

Thanks for your replies. After giving it some thought I have decided I should play this game without purchasing coins. It will be more rewarding that way. As Rabiat suggested joining a guild would be a better way to help me along. I had just assumed guilds were for larger cities for some reason.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:57 pm

well,... good to see you like a challenge :)

coins have their place though. Just that they have been over abused on our server for extreme profits and eventually ppl got bored and went away. They are like narcotics, addictive andbad withdrawal symptoms! Handle with care ;)

And I do tend to overdramatise :P

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Well, honestly i would recommend that you sell a bundle of coins to fund your start up... That'll allow you to buy decent sized buildings and research, and you'll get a boost of close to 4-5month's worth of game time (the initial phase is the hardest and slowest). I wouldn't recommend getting VIP status early on in the game.

At this time, with the inflated coin prices you can easily start up a decent sized kingdom with 10-20 coins. If it'll buy you time, why not? :D

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:57 pm

Tlite wrote:Well, honestly i would recommend that you sell a bundle of coins to fund your start up... That'll allow you to buy decent sized buildings and research, and you'll get a boost of close to 4-5month's worth of game time (the initial phase is the hardest and slowest). I wouldn't recommend getting VIP status early on in the game.

At this time, with the inflated coin prices you can easily start up a decent sized kingdom with 10-20 coins. If it'll buy you time, why not? :D
Damn it's so tempting to go down that route, especially now that I'm really struggling for cash.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:22 am

Even I'd try anything once ;)

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Its especially tempting as of late as I seem to be struggling to mkae any money, my expansion has ground to a halt. :(