Gold Jewellery - Indulgences are Junks???

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:33 pm

Seems there are misunderstanding in some people

I am talking about "Market" not "Workshop"

The optimize and working efficiency decreased only happened on "Workshop"

I present a 5640sqm tavern selling for you.

And my comparison is base on "Each employee daily profit" in each market.

Re: Very confused still

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:01 pm

Grenowey wrote:
kgauck wrote:Sild suggested that at 200 workers the profit per worker is double that of 400 workers. Its an increase, but an example of diminishing returns.
That just does not make any sense to me, I'm sorry. I'm not a mathematician (as I am guessing many in this game are huge lovers of math... but I'm not, I just enjoy playing the game)

How does it make any sense... that a building capable of having 200 employees earns twice as much profit as a larger building able to have 400 employees???? Not sure what country this game is modeling itself after when it comes to determining worker efficiency. lol It's certainly not the U.S.
not true,

It means:

If you set a 20sqm workshop production rate = 1
_______ 2000sqm workshop production rate is = 50.50
_______ 40000sqm workshop production rate is =70.88

You invest twice $$$ to increase your factory from 2000sqm to 4000sqm, but you only get more 20.38!!

Let me say it in a easy way:

The bigger of your workshop, the more lazy workers in your workshop. hehehe :P

But it doesn't happen on market, Thanks.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:42 pm

Thanks alexyu7!
Again you gave us some very important information!

I want to test including a little of the production stuff! I hope I can do this without ending up in total confusion!

For beer you need ~2.2 production buildings.
For Arquebuses ~6.36 (all without NPC goods!)

your 2000sqm beer example!
You sell ~26,666 beer daily and assuming that your production buildings have the same size you need ~3.77 buildings with 2,000sqm (including the sales store)! You earn 1945ct per worker and day (sales and prod.) .

your 5030sqm arquebuses example!
You sell ~362.77 arquebuses daily. You need ~1.32 buildings with 5,030sqm! You earn 2131ct per worker and day.
Even though the productivity of a 2,000sqm brewery and farm is higher the arquebuses are already better! Isn't that funny :)

your 5640sqm beer example!
You sell ~21,660 beer daily. You need ~2.45 buildings with 5,640sqm! You earn 2996ct per worker and day.
Again higher :) . Is there an optimum selling price?

Back to your 5030sqm arquebuses example!
When you have all prod. buildings your costs are lower (about 1,230/pcs)! You earn 2812ct per worker and hour with this configuration.
This is similar to the income for beer! :)

I hope I didn't do many mistakes in my calculations but at the end everybody sees that there are many products where you can earn a lot of money! Of course, there are also worser products!

best regards & a lot of fun with calculating/optimizing :D !
Volki

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:24 pm

Thanks Volki,

But I must try to let it more easy, due to I may not understand some of your mention.

Did you notice my lastest excel sheet,

My Q22 beer opportunity cost = 210c ,

It means the beer produced by myself, I can sell to other player in 210ct .

so, it had included my brewery profits.

( 5000+ brewery, I earn at least 7000+ct per worker and day, it's net profit for per worker of brewery)

Of course, I have some brewery and buy material to do beer, ( I buy casks & grains by my suppliers)

================================================

So workshops profits had no related with market profits. I try to divide they into different parts.

:)

btw, the gold jewellery selling, I didn't calculate the Goldsmith (which produced gold jewellery) profits!!!!!!

The worker in goldsmith is very poor, because in my calculation I didn't save profits for them. So my Goldsmith workers are working for free. :P

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:22 pm

alexyu7, don't take my numbers too serious!

It was more or less the fun to play a little around with numbers!
1) Nobody would have the same size of armourers and arms dealer!
2) Your cost for beer is clearly too high for a self production!
Realistically, my comparison/calculation is also junk in any way!

Intention: To show how complex this game is! There are so many ways to increase income or calculate the optimum income/selling price! The different times for increasing the building size doesn't make it easier, too!

In my case it is the fun that drives me to optimize my building structure!

Have a nice weekend!
Volki

p.s.: I like your idea with the worker's income! 8)

Re: Gold Jewellery - Indulgences are Junks???

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:00 pm

alexyu7 wrote:In my opinion, indulgence is junk.
Your spreadsheets paint a clear picture, and I agree with your conclusion.

At the beginning of the game, I built one of each kind of selling building in order to test profitability of different products. Indulgences came in dead last. Certainly some things change as the game develops, but unfortunately for you this does not look like one of them.