Quests

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

Quests

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:55 pm

Is there anyone who can tell me a little about what the Quests in this game are?

How do you find them?
What is the purpose?
What do you get from them?

Etc, etc....

I keep seeing reference to them in the forums, but other than that, nothing! :( I figured rather than keep looking aimlessly for information, I would finally post a question in here.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:15 am

I hope I don't tell too much because quests should be a surprise!

Nobody knows exactly (oh yes -the programmers know :-) ) why quests start but a quest always starts with a new message. The quest is finished when you fulfill five requests in a row and is rewarded by a special item giving your city reputation points.

Btw. unwritten law: Don't talk (write) about the goods because it should be a surprise for players. This point makes it also more challenging because each good must be delivered in 24hrs.

Hint: Have a look on the market and you can see the requested qualities by higher prices and low amounts of offered goods.

.... I'll be quiet again and hope everybody will have fun with the quests!
Volki

p.s.: losing a quest doesn't mean that you never get one again!

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:57 pm

btw, does finishing a quest means I won't get another one?!

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:21 pm

:wink: nop they just keep on coming...just get more difficult... good luck

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:47 pm

I'd love to get another one. Never not want a challenge.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:42 pm

So the quests are to be furfilled by person and not by guild?

And are the quests already active on this server (I play on the .nl server, where the quest messages are still empty).

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:40 pm

Chimera wrote:So the quests are to be furfilled by person and not by guild?

And are the quests already active on this server (I play on the .nl server, where the quest messages are still empty).

well you can ask your guild to give you a hand with the goods ,but they come to every city sooner or later.
And for the dutch server , i beleve it depends on the number of big citys (amount of money ingame).Or the overall researchlevel... some of the goods are realy high Q.

well good luck anyway. :wink:

quests

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:16 pm

i just now finished my third quest, and i'm the king yeah baby yeah!.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Bartolome wrote:
Chimera wrote:So the quests are to be furfilled by person and not by guild?

well you can ask your guild to give you a hand with the goods ,but they come to every city sooner or later.
And for the dutch server , i beleve it depends on the number of big citys (amount of money ingame).Or the overall researchlevel... some of the goods are realy high Q.

well good luck anyway. :wink:
Then this could take a while :roll:

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:08 pm

btw, is there a ranking for it? Or "hidden scorebord"?

Grtz

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:00 pm

I got a quest message, but I do not have the building for it yet.

So how long do I have before I need to make the building?

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:32 am

I think you can postpone it and keep the quest as long as you don't build it (or even build it and don't hire a worker)

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:34 am

Thanks, PK

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Do you have to have special buildings to get quests? I have not seen a quest yet. Many curious messages about baptisms and things, but no mysterious figures & no message that said I was to do anything that is actually possible in the game.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:58 pm

Well I waited a while before I built the special building needed for my quest, and I am now on message 3 from the Dark Shape.

I got my first quest message when I was promoted to Provost. Guess the first quest starts when you get promoted or if you are already above a certain rank where it is possible to get the quest items.