What determines price/time of a good in the market stall?

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

What determines price/time of a good in the market stall?

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:11 am

I'm sorry, I know no one uses the forum for this game anymore, but I'm hoping I can get this question answered. I recently logged back into my account and am trying to make actual progress again. (I had reset my city a while back and never regained the motivation to ascend the ranks again.) Anyway, with my current production, I am selling (among other things) smoked fish in a 20 sqm market stall. To accommodate my IRL schedule, everything in my city runs on a 24-hour cycle. All goods are produced in 24 hours and all products of the last cycle are sold in the same 24 hours. So my price is based on what makes my market stall sell out in 24 hours. When I started, that price was 170 for the smoked fish, and it varied slightly from day to day but not by much. However, recently I notice that that price has gradually decreased to 137 for no apparent reason. I checked the supply and demand statistic, and the demand seems to be the same while the supply is at an all-time low; the market stall says that the 0% of the demand has been filled. I keep the market stall above 40,000 advertising points regularly. The quality is q3 and hasn't changed since I started playing again (although next cycle I expect it to be up to q4). Nothing about my city has changed since this started happening (no new buildings, no level up). So what is causing the price to drop?

Re: What determines price/time of a good in the market stall?

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:48 am

Ok, I'm not sure what happened, but the supply immediately shot up to 56,000 from 800, and somehow the price also shot up from 137 to 175. I guess something was broken momentarily?