Power I will have your power real soon

Moderator: moderators

Power I will have your power real soon

Post by Guest » 24.06.2008, 15:08

After my expansion come through I will be dumping 2 billion power per day on the market at one cent cheaper then the cheapest power on the market till i drive the price down to 6kaps which will be 3kaps higher then I can make it. With the current market taking 10% i will be making a nice profit on my money but the power will be where I Want it to be. So sell it at 15 or what ever while you can cause when I come on line OH boy I beleive the supply will be more then the demand.

Sincerly
Psychozen Products

Re: Power I will have your power real soon

Post by Guest » 24.06.2008, 15:18

psychozen wrote:After my expansion come through I will be dumping 2 billion power per day on the market at one cent cheaper then the cheapest power on the market till i drive the price down to 6kaps which will be 3kaps higher then I can make it. With the current market taking 10% i will be making a nice profit on my money but the power will be where I Want it to be. So sell it at 15 or what ever while you can cause when I come on line OH boy I beleive the supply will be more then the demand.

Sincerly
Psychozen Products
Don't you think of doing such a thing.
Look at the other threads where people have finally joined together to conrol power prices.
Look at it first and then make your idea up.

why not

Post by Guest » 24.06.2008, 15:48

with kapitools i figured out that with optimization i will produce 5,568,490,200 power from my power plants. so really i will be putting that much power on the market. And no I have not gotten a premium account yet cause wellI still have lots of room to grow yet on what I have now. Soon I will have a premium account. no hurry though

Sincerly

Psychozen Products

Re: why not

Post by Guest » 24.06.2008, 16:01

psychozen wrote:with kapitools i figured out that with optimization i will produce 5,568,490,200 power from my power plants. so really i will be putting that much power on the market. And no I have not gotten a premium account yet cause wellI still have lots of room to grow yet on what I have now. Soon I will have a premium account. no hurry though

Sincerly

Psychozen Products
http://www.forum.kapilands.com/viewtopic.php?t=13168
READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest » 24.06.2008, 16:01

*gets popcorn and prepares to enjoy the flaming*

Would that not be like insider Trading?

Post by Guest » 24.06.2008, 16:27

Would that not like be insider trading and why would I sell my power to someone who would just repost it at a higher price sure I save the 10% market fee but really. Does that not defeat the natural supply and demand of the game? Sure when my other buildings come online I will proably only be putting 2bill power on the market. which is nothing compared to other power producers.

Post by Guest » 24.06.2008, 16:49

*Lines up to get front row tickets for power dumping*

Re: Would that not be like insider Trading?

Post by Guest » 24.06.2008, 17:03

psychozen wrote:Would that not like be insider trading and why would I sell my power to someone who would just repost it at a higher price sure I save the 10% market fee but really. Does that not defeat the natural supply and demand of the game? Sure when my other buildings come online I will proably only be putting 2bill power on the market. which is nothing compared to other power producers.
Ok.
Now you are taking it to a situation where its not supposed to be going.
I thought i had to deal with myself, but looks like you too have to be added to this list.

Post by Guest » 24.06.2008, 18:29

As a producer of power questioning supply and demand perhaps you should look to real life for inspiration.

If we wish to be "Essential goods" providers mimicking how things work IRL...

In real life, oil companies band together to form conglomerates. Does the oil cost them $4.00+ a gallon to refine? It sure as heck doesn't. But banded together they can dictate the prices. What do you think would happen to Shell, BP, Exxon, etc. If all the sudden they said...

"Well I'm getting sooo much oil, I think I'll sell gas for $2.00 a gallon again"
They would not be a company very long with the political and social sabotage that would ensue from the entire oil industry.

Power companies operate in the same way. The government has a set price they cannot exceed (NPC Price), the power does not cost that much to sell, and they sell it for a fraction of the upper limit. However Entergy, or whoever you local power company sure as heck doesn't say. Well this power is just 1 cent per kilowatt hour, so lets sell it to our people for 1.5 cents per kilowatt hour.

Why do companies sell for such a markup?
  • To make a living for the employees, their families, and their employees families
    To pay for the infrastructure it takes
Have you bothered to figure a ROI over time chart on your power plant expansion? I too am expanding over 30 plants to 1000 sqm, and not stopping expansion. But if I sell my power at a 3 cent markup per KW, I will be playing this game years before I pay for my infrastructure.

All I'm trying to get across is Don't forget to pay yourself

Feel free to join with us if you want to receive a fair price, and also have a healthy way to voice your opinions on the power market.

Post by Guest » 25.06.2008, 02:31

He is right about the IRL power companies. My dad works with NSP (Nova Scotia Power) and they always want rake hikes to cover the cost of coal and other fuels, but this is a game. No families are going to starve if the power companies don't have enough of a mark up. So I for one am happy that this power will be dropped on the market.

Post by Guest » 25.06.2008, 04:29

True it is but a game. I tend to try to play simulators as such though.

I will refrain from further ranting except to say if playing a flight simulator, you do not *want* to crash a plane into the ground, and playing a driving simulator you do not *want* to crash into the wall. So why in a business simulation would one *wish* to crash?

I will attempt to refrain from posting more rationalizations and theories herein.

Listen

Post by Guest » 25.06.2008, 12:13

Canadian Energy Corp. wrote:He is right about the IRL power companies. My dad works with NSP (Nova Scotia Power) and they always want rake hikes to cover the cost of coal and other fuels, but this is a game. No families are going to starve if the power companies don't have enough of a mark up. So I for one am happy that this power will be dropped on the market.
READ THIS CAREFULLY

As power is utilised in every product that is used in Kapi, people can cope up with its price increase by simply increasing thier product price.
We Power producers can pump as much power as we want into the market.
If we know there is a shortage in the market, we will push in enough power into the market to cover up this shortage, but we need to be paid for this.
You just cannot expect you us to cover for the shortages in market and then pay us some nonsense rate.
WE POWER PRODUCERS WILL NO LONGER TOLERATE THIS SORT OF SUBSIDISING OF POWER because, we have enough demand in the market for our power.

Post by Guest » 08.07.2008, 17:33

Russia mainly is dominating world oil/ gas prices, as well as the growing demand of China and India is. The OPEC long ago lost control of the market.

Re: Would that not be like insider Trading?

Post by Guest » 08.07.2008, 17:58

psychozen wrote:Would that not like be insider trading and why would I sell my power to someone who would just repost it at a higher price sure I save the 10% market fee but really. Does that not defeat the natural supply and demand of the game? Sure when my other buildings come online I will proably only be putting 2bill power on the market. which is nothing compared to other power producers.
its not about saving the 10% Selling commission its we do this to kepp the market stable, and we also do not want poer to be at 0.27 we want it around 0.19-0.21

Post by Guest » 08.07.2008, 18:07

So what do you do if someone puts it for 0.18? 0.17? 0.16? 0.15? Buy it all?