(DON'T) RAISE THE POWER PRICE

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 12:46

Trader wrote:Yes but the reason volume matters it because everything that we use and produce is highly priced.
but in the end you are still making 80% profits off large amounts of money

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 12:59

Myth you are right. It costs me around 15 caps to make q19 gas and I (will) sell that in my gas stations (as soon as they're built) for around 60 caps. So that is around 400% profit per gas and I will be making around 1.3 million gas per day. I made an excel chart for this which I will not post here. Yes there are good profits in the gas industry, which is why there are many people in it. There is also a high quality so if you started late in the gas industry then you have to buy research like me (I am paying 300million caps for research).

So as you see power has a better return, but gas has better overall profits. We are not discussing which industry makes more money here, we are discussing the fact that we want a medium power price (0.15-0.17) over the long-term.

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 13:17

I agree, but btw Tecko, you are paying quite alot for gas research.. I got Q38 for half the price, but I guess in the long run, you will be able to make the cash back in 1 or 2 days.

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 13:21

just as a curiosity, did anyone of you guys check the general stats page, where it says:
POWERPLANTS:
amount sqm employees
50580 27925071 1372683
which can be explained that many power plants are being expanded right now, more than doubling the total power plant sizes :shock: which can and will result in people undercutting themselves into oblivion while trying to sell all the power produced in their newly expanded power plants :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 13:34

Trader wrote:I agree, but btw Tecko, you are paying quite alot for gas research.. I got Q38 for half the price, but I guess in the long run, you will be able to make the cash back in 1 or 2 days.
Yeah, my profit is going to be around 60 million daily as soon as I my company completely restructured. So I will earn it back in a few days.
GREED inc. wrote:just as a curiosity, did anyone of you guys check the general stats page, where it says:

Quote:

POWERPLANTS:
amount sqm employees
50580 27925071 1372683

which can be explained that many power plants are being expanded right now, more than doubling the total power plant sizes Shocked which can and will result in people undercutting themselves into oblivion while trying to sell all the power produced in their newly expanded power plants Shocked Shocked Shocked
That is probably Myself's power plants. He has 100 expanding from 20m2 to 32747m2 thats accounts for around 327470 employees. There is still another 1.1 million other employees. There is going to be a lot of power by the time these expansions are done.

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 15:00

power always sell's since everything needs power it always sells easily, i agree gas also sells relativley easily-thats because its a product with high demand- so stop complaining about how we decide to play.

and also quantity wise you can make in the hundreds of millions of power daily:

100,000,000 power a day in green power plants costs:

1,000,000caps to make

selling at 0.2 would make you 20,000,000caps a day

so you put in 1mil and get 20mil out.

what if you make 500mil power daily?

5,000,000 caps to make

100,000,000caps selling price

a lot right? well i spend 25,000,000caps daily buying oil to turn into gas in 24horus and i sell all that gas for 45,000,000caps

so for every 1mil i put in i make 1.8mil caps
but if prices are @0.2 per power every 1mil a power producer puts in makes him 20mil...

no matter how cheap i get my oil and at what quality all power producers would make a ton more cash than me!

so stop moaning about the low prices

Invitation

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 16:40

I invite all readers for and against modification of the power market to read my latest post in the Higer Power Prices, and in the main Trade Institutions and Syndicates forum.

Re: Invitation

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 17:18

CapitalPowerInvestments wrote:I invite all readers for and against modification of the power market to read my latest post in the Higer Power Prices, and in the main Trade Institutions and Syndicates forum.
I have read this post and it's a dumb idea. It's impossible for one person to handle all the realms power and then put it onto the market. First of all, you can only put a maximum of 2 billion something on the market per offer and 1 company can only have a maximum of 20 offers. So if you plan to sell more then 40 billion power daily you will have to have multiple "presidents".

Second, trust is the biggest variable in this equation. If you end up with an untrustworthy president he will most likely take all the power and keep it for himself.

Third, most power producers would not do this because of the reasons I stated above. You would have almost nobody in your group of power producers. I will say it for the 100th time:Power Prices Are GOOD Where They Are At, Don't Raise Them

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 17:26

READ THE WHOLE POST
I said right in there due to trust we would most likely need more than one person working with power.

WHERE THE HECK DID I SAY IN THAT POST THE POINT WAS TO RAISE PRICES? I SAID ANYBODY COULD JOIN(& VOTE ON PRICE) AND THE POINT WAS STABLE PRICES

Again I am not sure what wording in the post I referred to said anything about higher prices. It talked about a group of people working together to decide a price they wanted to receive(and sell) their power for.

Just as likely as person X can say he/she want 1.99 for a price, you can join and vote for -99.99 to make your industries skyrocket since we would pay people to buy the power. The point is it would be voting based. Hence why I asked for constructive criticisms on the ideal.

Re: Invitation

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 17:40

Canadian Energy Corp. wrote:
CapitalPowerInvestments wrote:I invite all readers for and against modification of the power market to read my latest post in the Higer Power Prices, and in the main Trade Institutions and Syndicates forum.
I have read this post and it's a dumb idea. It's impossible for one person to handle all the realms power and then put it onto the market. First of all, you can only put a maximum of 2 billion something on the market per offer and 1 company can only have a maximum of 20 offers. So if you plan to sell more then 40 billion power daily you will have to have multiple "presidents".

Second, trust is the biggest variable in this equation. If you end up with an untrustworthy president he will most likely take all the power and keep it for himself.

Third, most power producers would not do this because of the reasons I stated above. You would have almost nobody in your group of power producers. I will say it for the 100th time:Power Prices Are GOOD Where They Are At, Don't Raise Them
You do not need to scream out your point.
We want fair prices for our product just as you DO

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 19:10

voltage inc wrote:yes i agree, with power inc. we are both at the same lvl of power out put and i do not want to see higher prices on the market meaning that i would have to raise my price. this is bad because it makes my customers fell more pressure to buy their own power plants which will put power producing companies like am and power inc to become bankrupt in the power business. meaning we would have to change the market.

Voltage Inc
i have chosen to restructure my realm1 company, adding an additional three power plants to the two i already had. until they finish expanding i will still need to purchase up to 15M power every week (it was abou 20M). if i had to buy all the power i use i would not be making any profit on half the items i sell in my stores and the profit i would make on the items that still would make a profit the profit would be low. if the price had remained at .09-.11c i would have been happy to continue to buy the extra i required without resorting to increasing my own production capability.

at least power on realm 2 has returned to reasonable levels.

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 19:51

I find it extremely odd that the NPC price would be set at a level to destroy the game.
Here's a little comparision wrote:Good; NPC Price; Average Cost/Unit;% of NPC;% OFF of NPC
Water 0.27 0.26 95.611% 4.389%
Stone 27 26.45 97.951% 2.049%
Power 0.27 0.20 74.130% 25.870%
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... KD8EJP1NWw
From the MarketSummary Sheet(Much easier to read there)
So if selling goods for near the NPC's price is a horrible evil that will destroy us all, let us look for a moment at the other 2 goods only produced in Q0. Stone, and Water.
Both are over 95%, yet somehow I managed to expand my buildings which required stone.

According to the theory being pushed in this flame war nobody should be able to make vegetables, or expand their buildings, anything requiring stones or water. Because simply put ALL the product on the market being sold below NPC price is being sold at OVER 95% of the NPC price, netting anyone less than 5% off.

Power on the other hand goes for a average of 74% of the NPC price, or a whopping 26% off to anybody who wants to buy.

REMEMBER: I do not want power prices to be like the stone prices, I am just defending my point here. All I want is stability, and a fair price
Please feel more than free to view my data and correlate it to the actual market prices, I put all the data there for public scrutiny.

Citizens Energy Company- LOWER THE PRICE TO .21 Cents

Post by Guest » 14.11.2008, 05:01

I have stated in the other forums that i am a small company. I can produce up to 2.5 million power in a 24 hour period only. I am going to be a part of the solution. I am going to drop what i can every so often on the market at .21 cents a market. .26 cents is ridicoulous. and right now there is way to much volume on the market at that price, so much that people arent buying. The big companies will have to slowly start lowering their prices eventually. Anyone who wants to pinch the big producers, drop your power price to .21 cents a unit on the market, if we can keep some on the market most of the day every day at that rate, no one will buy their over priced power. I am growing my power production capabilities, and when i am able, I will set a standard .21 cents a Kwh rate. this is what i sell my contracts for as well. I am also moving into gas production to sell on the open market at a fair price. The highest gas will sell in stores right now is about 63.00 a gallon according to the stats in germany. So this means a fair gas price would be substantially lower than that, so that a gas station store owner could purchase, re-sale and still make a profit. I SAY BRING THE PRICE OF POWER DOWN TO .21 CENTS STARTING IMMEDIATLY ALL SMALL POWER PRODUCERS. dont just say it. Lets do it.

the companies listed below, have loaded the market full of power, which is fine, but at a ridicoulous rate, and guess what, its not being sold real fast.

Austrian Electric
TURK POWER
Fight Club
POWERBANK
This person selling stuff

I personally support, as a power producer, support a Kapiland wide boycott of these companies. I dont care if i offend them or not, they are trying to manipulate the market,and rip other industries off, and if there was not an NPC, its hard to tell what they would price the power at. other companies are starting to produce their own power instead of buying it, and frankly i dont blame them at these prices.

Check out the market volume, over the last two to three days here.

www.freewebs.com/citizenselectriccompanykapilands

Post by Guest » 12.03.2009, 21:32

I think stable power prices SUCK, becouse it would be terrible if power price would stuck over 0.2. I think its better that it goes from 0.08-0.25 that its stable at 0.2. And i still belive that supply&demand still "commands" this game.

Post by Guest » 12.03.2009, 22:11

i am a wood producer and curently need only 60 mil of power daily
i would be happy that the power would go to 0.16 again so i can get more prfit
i make on 1 wood 40 profit with power bought at 0.25
but with power at 0.15 that would be 45 profit per 1 wood
and i make around 1 mil daily so that would be 5 mil more proft

power prices must go down and water will go down too