Production

Please check this section first before posting.
Here you can find answers to most of the basic questions about Kapilands.

Moderator: moderators

What does "red/yellow/green area" mean?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 07:11

What does "red/yellow/green area" mean?

These are different area that you can set your buildings in. They have got different advantages and disadvantages.
Here is a list of those.

Economic efficiency of the different areas:

Farming Area green
Mauritania, Mali, Congo
-low wage level
-low spending capacity
-low building and production costs
-resources develop 25% faster output

Area with the lowest building and expansion costs. Employees are satisfied with low wages. The downside of this is that they also have a low spending capacity: Goods can only be sold at low prices. Due to the perfect climatic conditions, agricultural products are produced 25% faster than in other areas. Despite this cost-efficiency, don't underestimate the shopping and handling costs to other areas.

Raw Material Area yellow
Saudi Arabia, Oman
-medium wage level
-low spending capacity
-medium building and production costs
-mines and wells deliver 66% faster

Average building and expansion costs and acceptable wages. Note that the inhabitants don't spend too much on goods. Due to the large amount of raw materials, mines and wells deliver 66% faster than in other areas.

Industrial Area red
France, Germany, Turkey
-high wage level
-high spending capacity
-high building and production costs
-research 20% faster
-companies produce 25% faster

This area has a high spending capacity. At their wage levels, the inhabitants can afford to live in luxury. The inhabitants' high level of education accelerates researches by 20% and the production of industrial goods by 25%. That's why this areas has the highest building, expansion and production costs of Kapilands. Producing in cheaper countries will however lead to a diminished demand and despite the high selling prices, the turnover figures would be low.

Important for all areas:
The demand of goods in the stores depends directly on the number of inhabitants. The higher the number of inhabitants, the higher the demand.

My buildings suddenly produce less than before. Why?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 07:16

My buildings suddenly produce less than before. Why?

Whenever you "level-up", that means when you reach a new level, your production rates will shrink a little bit. That means that you will produce less in the same time.
This is a small bonus for new, small companies. That shall give them a slightly faster start-up. :)

Here is a list of the decreasing production rates.
Last edited by Guest on 09.05.2010, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

Same buildings, but different output?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 07:20

Same buildings, but different output?

Sometimes you can notice that players claim that identical buildings (same size, same amount of employees, same location) have got a different output.
That is no bug.
It is a "problem" that can always happen: The optimization of one of the buildings is missing.

Here you can see how you can optimise a building: Optimization.

Double size, double employees, but not double output. Why?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 07:27

Double size, double employees, but not double output. Why?

Employees do not increase production rates linear.
That means that two employees do not produce the double amount, but only a plus of ~98 %.
This is based on the function of "n^0.9855"; n = amount of employees; the number is the production-output in relation to one employee.
The exakt function is n^(615937769/625000000) but this is not as handy as the other one and does not bring different results.

This is some kind of bonus for small companies in order to give them a faster start-up. :)

Important:
Although it might sounds useless to expand and hire new employees, please do not calculate with the "profit per m

Do I get the materials back when I cancel a production?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 07:31

Do I get the materials back when I cancel a production?

You get something back, yes, but please read the following carefully.
You get the amount of products (materials) back that you put into production, you also get the money back.
Yet the materials will be returned in quality 0, no matter what quality they had when you used them for production.
This is also explained in this sentence that you can see after you canceled a production: "Unfortunately the material used for production suffered during the production process. The material has been returned with the quality 0 only."

The products that have already been produced will be delivered into your warehouse in the correct quality.

My advertisements are more expensive than at the market.

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 07:34

My advertisements are more expensive than at the market. Why?

Stay away from advertisements!
But if you already produce them always set up your TV-station in the green area!

Click here to read more about advertisement-production.
Last edited by Guest on 03.05.2010, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

Is it useful to produce wood or steel in high quality?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 07:37

Is it useful to produce wood or steel in high quality?

In short: Not for expansion, but for using it for other products.
You can use wood or steel for wardrobes, cars, computers etc. There you can use high-quality products.

Producing high-quality products is always useful.

Where to produce what?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 07:39

Where to produce what?

Please check the help-menu (Image) ingame.
There you can find lost of information about the type of building and where to set them best.

If you have got absolutely no clue, then go into your office, visit your "profile" and then play the tutorial. This can help you to get a basic guideline. :)

Only make sure that you do what you want to do!
This is a game, games are about fun... so have some fun!
And don't be afraid: Most players make mistakes, especially in the beginning. :)

Where shall I build a power plant?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 07:45

What considerations are there to make, where to build a power plant?

The considerations come down to these points.
  • Building a power plant in the red zone allows you to produce more power, 25% more, at 3 cents (0.03 or 0,03) a unit with paying a higher wage when hiring employees and paying more cash to expand the power plant.
  • Building a power plant in the green zone allows you to produce power for a cheaper costs per unit, 1 cent (0.01 or 0,01), while paying less for hiring employees and paying for the expansion of the power plant.
  • When you can permanently sell your power for at least 0.12 Caps, it is better to build your power plant in the red area.

Should I make my own steel Q0?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 07:49

I can make all the parts for steel myself, should I make steel Q0?

No.
Why? Building all the parts of steel requires, at least, one power plant, one well, one mine and one factory. As unlimited Q0 steel can be bought from the NPC for a fixed price of 135 Caps you will find yourself making more money producing other items with those building slots.
Yet you should do some maths, maybe you can go into high-quality steel?

How can I calculate the total production costs of an item?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 14:36

Is there a way to find out the total production cost of an item without buying a building first?

Yes, but it requires work on your part.
Look in game for the list of products and what they require to make them add in the production costs, found on KapiTools.de, then calculate the final product costs.