Fantasy Football(Soccer) League (admin/mod responce needed)

Here you can find conversation partners. Maybe they can even help you create a new banner or solve any other problems.

Moderator: moderators

Fantasy Football(Soccer) League (admin/mod responce needed)

Post by Guest » 09.08.2007, 13:42

The English Premier Season starts this Saturday.

Last year I played the fantasy football game run by the league it's self.

I would like to put the link here so we could compete against each others, once your happy with your team, can take a very short time each week to set up (5-10 mins).

I have started a private league there, the league is called Kapilands.com and because of reverse advertising I am hoping the admins/mods will allow the link to listed.

If it is allowed I would be prepared to offer a monthly prize of a present which would be booze if just me doing but if others wanted to offer prizes as well this oculd possibly be changed, and someone could do a montly article for the newspaper.

I will also happily pass admin of this league to one of the admins/mods here. I would also be happy for an admin/mod to hold the prizes.

Sorry for not sending this privatly but i thought would be good to see some responce as to whether or not other people are intrested and would be willing to help with the prizes. As so close to the start of season.

thanks for your time.
Last edited by Guest on 09.08.2007, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 09.08.2007, 13:50

Absolutely brilliant idea!! Do you mean this one? [edit by Tycoon, see my post]

I'm up for it since I've already made my team.

Post by Guest » 09.08.2007, 14:19

yes that is the link, hadn't wanted to post it without the admins/mods permission,

The league code is 615177-141032

Post by Guest » 09.08.2007, 14:23

So you're potato bread? And I'm Nottingham Shooters!
Can't wait for the footy to start up again! Who do you support?

Post by Guest » 09.08.2007, 14:29

Because this is an international forum you should add "Soccer" to the title. For those of us in North America aswell as other countries "football" means a difference sport.

Post by Guest » 09.08.2007, 14:35

aye i'm potato bread, I don't really follow any clubs, played rugby for a while but i've never seen a decent fantasy rugby game. plus would be very hard to score rugby players. plus i'm forced to admit football is the biggest game in the world.

p.s. for the yanks we are talking about soccer. Although I do have to question why we need to change our name from football, when the majority of the game is on foot / ball skill, where as from what i understand about american football most of it is played ball in hand and throws.

Post by Guest » 09.08.2007, 14:51

You still need to add Soccer to the title. Seeing how many of us in North America play this game.

Football(American) used to have different rules. One of them being you gained 3 points for BOTH a field goal and a touch down. That being said most of the game was played and won by field goals rather than touch downs like it is done today.

Edit: You don't need to remove football from your title just ADD soccer.

Post by Guest » 09.08.2007, 14:57

done and thanks for the explantion. :D

Post by Guest » 09.08.2007, 18:02

I think you'll find most countries know football is the game that David Beckham plays!! All European countries call it football. In fact, I bet it's every country in the world EXCEPT the yanks!

Post by Guest » 09.08.2007, 19:48

^^ I disagree. That is the same way of thinking for people who believe most of the world drives on the same side of the road as British. Completly wrong, as a matter of fact almost all the world drives on the other side of the road(Same as America).

North and South America your "football" is known as soccer. Not to mention a large amount of Asian countries that do the same. As you can see most of the world knows it as Soccer. (More people in North, South America and Asia than the rest of the world.)

Post by Guest » 09.08.2007, 21:27

Yeah, you're talking about the countries that don't know how to play football!!! (joke!)
But I totally agree with the driving, I'm under no illusions about the rest of the world (I'm a well travelled man!!)

Tycoon
Moderator off duty

Post by Tycoon » 10.08.2007, 07:38

I just edited the link to that page, and I did this for the following reason:
it is difficult to decide on that, as we are talking about an external page, which means that you want to "combine" external issues with the game. Usually this is not allowed. Therefore we really have to check that carefully.