So.... i'm a very generous person by nature... || OMG-INC

Here you can find conversation partners. Maybe they can even help you create a new banner or solve any other problems.

Moderator: moderators

So.... i'm a very generous person by nature... || OMG-INC

Post by Guest » 25.11.2009, 19:57

Sometimes, i feel like helping out my ''lessers'' in game (by which i mean newer players who have been far less fortunate than me.)

Lets say i have 1.4 billion cash, plus spare change. Would it be wholly despicable and rule-breaking... :O ... to message a player with around 2 million fixed and a low amount of cash, (active at the time ofc, i tend to watch the people around me) asking him to send me a contract of something and buy it for well over the market price, before sending the contract back at market price?

I see the problem with cheating, and the suspicion of helping friends and multi-accounting - but i honestly believe sometimes a little help, (not in the measure of tens of millions of course, it's more likely to be around 1-4 million every couple of days to different players) can seriously benefit these people, and i ask for nothing in return.

Now, of course, others may cite that this is unfair on the people who don't get the cash injection boost, and that beggars may begin to message me, but having been mod and well known player on a small number of games, i'm used to the beggars, and i honestly believe i have enough to go around for ALL of the active ''little'' players of the game.

Please, pass moral judgement; it's all i ever ask.

Regards,
OmegaVolt INC,
Your friendly neighbourhood Generator.

Post by Guest » 25.11.2009, 20:32

I have done the same but some of them keep asking for more and more money.

Post by Guest » 25.11.2009, 20:38

It is nice, however, against the rules.

The way I get around it is that I either sell them steel for 100 caps or buy their raw materials for the NPC price. (Which is usually more than they can get on the market.) That way I help them out and stay within the rules.

Post by Guest » 25.11.2009, 20:40

oh, thats fine, im good at rationing, to be honest, its just people suspecting me of being some kind of scammer which bothers me more.

your classic ''send 4,000 dollars to my bank account....'' scam.

Post by Guest » 25.11.2009, 20:44

Thanks for your suggestion Azer, i agree, but often the newer players have cash: 20.000
Fixed assets:2-3.000.000

so it can be difficult to really help without expending hours of time.

Post by Guest » 25.11.2009, 21:32

Please stick to the market prices.
If you chose prices that are obviously much higher or much lower than the market then you risk to get your account (and the "newbie's") banned due to an unallowed advantageous trade.

Give the new players useful hints and ideas how to earn money, but do not act against the rules.
I will close this thread as a sign of its "illegality".