Expanding Special Buildings

Here is enough space for all players to ask questions about the game.

Moderator: moderators

Expanding Special Buildings

Post by Guest » 29.07.2015, 16:58

Is there any benefit apart from adding fixed assets, to expanding public special buildings, such as the hall of fame, gallery, carpet storage etc? Somewhere in the game it says you receie additional points for expanding special buildings, but i've tried and there seem to be no extra points?

Special Buildings i've so far expanded:
Homeless shelter E:2 40 m² - I understand each 20m² expanded on this building provides an extra "task" to complete
Hospital E:1 21 m² - ""
Hall of fame E:1 21 m² - What does expanding this building do, though?

I'm interested because points are a good way to rise in a worthwile ranking in the game, but also keep the amount of "cash" and "fixed assets" you have low, keeping your "level" low and allowing to to maintain a higher level of production :D

Thanks!

verkon

Re: Expanding Special Buildings

Post by verkon » 30.07.2015, 06:28

I think you've already covered their advantages - fixed assets and the tasks every 20m² for the task buildings.

Post by Guest » 30.07.2015, 10:54

Oh...ok...so you don't get extra storage positions in the public special buildings and you don't get points for expanding the special buildings either? interesting...on the "score page" it says:

"You'll receive points for solving these tasks. You can receive additional points for expanding some of the special buildings as well as for status symbols."

-I guess I misunderstood :P

Post by Guest » 30.07.2015, 17:21

There is a additonal status symbol for expanding/completing the town hall

Post by Guest » 31.07.2015, 08:40

Ah! OK, that's cool. I was wondering why paying x caps for the "community building" tasks was not worth any score! Does that mean that you get the status symbol only when the building is 32760m²?

Post by Guest » 02.08.2015, 16:38

No, I have them at 1000m2 and have completed all the quests and got the reward. :D

Post by Guest » 03.08.2015, 10:34

Ok! That's good, because I saw the expansion costs and material requirements for that building in particular are nothing short of ridiculous :P