Picking the right product(s) and more..

Here is enough space for all players to ask questions about the game.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Picking the right product(s) and more..

Post by Guest » 14.08.2012, 19:18

Bigro wrote: First of all, how do you know what kind of products you want to produce and afterwards sell?
Just find whatever products are selling on the market, products like the special building products sell pretty well as Q0 products, especially kindergarden products which tends to be the cheapest special building to build score in. Try to avoid such things as power though and use things like plantations to build a regular profit at first with cotton or something similar.

Bigro wrote:For instance, I checked out the contest, because i have read that it's a good thing to do when you're a new player. So.. I have made a Cattle-Breeding and a Butcher Shop in Mauritania. Also i've made a Food RC in Germany and a Beverages Store in Congo. I've made those buildings because I want to produce Minced meat since that's the contest product right now in Realm 1 and 2. Am I doing the ''right'' thing right now or am I missing something? Because Kapilands is such an extensive game I can imagine I am missing something :P And if the contest is over, what should I do next? Sell those buildings and make new buildings to produce/sell/research the new contest product? Isn't it ''better'' if I focus on one or some products which have potential? And if so.. can I get some advice ?
Definately focus on the contests i would leave 10/15 building slots just to produce for contests until you are quite a few levels higher, most new players producing for the contests gain a high amount of profit in the first week or so. strat off with 10/15 buildings and then when you've earned the caps in the first contest sell the buildings to system and build for the next contest. Try to expand the second lot to 100m2 also you lose a day of the contest but have a lot higher production which you need as your levels start going up.

Bigro wrote:And my final question .. how do I know if I should make a building (prod/sell/rc) in a red, yellow or green area? I've read the differences but I don't really see why I should or should not make a, for instance, research center in Germany and not in Congo (just an example).

Thanks a lot guys! :D
RC's - RED
Stores in RED
Plantation/cattlebreeding in GREEN
Wells/mines in YELLOW
Most production buildings in RED (including end production buildings using plantation/cattle breeding products ie food factory and Butchers shops)
TV Stations in GREEN

Its easy to work out the different costs against production levels on kapitools.de though.

Post by Guest » 28.08.2012, 08:03

I'm going to intervene here. :wink:
I personally think it's a good idea to take part in the contest if you can. Changing the business only to try make the contest product every two weeks while trying to research is, in my opinion, not a good idea.

I would recommend to start simple with plantations or mine/well/power plant while looking into the different end products. Wait with research as that is one of the tricky things to handle. I think everyone got the concept of research all wrong when they first started. I know I did.
Also, research can eat a lot of money too quickly.

If you still have the tutorial fruit plantation and grocery then make use of it. Fruit may not be the most interesting product to sell but it will give you an income while working things out. The market can be unpredictable.

Oh, and there's probably same amount of suggestions as there are players in this game. :wink:

Welcome to the game, by the way!

Post by Guest » 28.08.2012, 08:40

Andro just to clarify I never wrote change your business every 2 weeks, I wrote leave 10/15 building slots for contests which leaves 45/50 building slots for your business. It provides the best income when you need it most and gives you something to do when expanding your other buildings.

Post by Guest » 28.09.2012, 07:03

I know you didn't write that. I've heard of people who have done that though and I wouldn't recommend it.

Post by Guest » 28.09.2012, 11:49

Where did the first post go :shock:

Post by Guest » 01.11.2012, 11:25

No idea. Maybe it didn't like us?!