Offer for New Players - Half Price Building Supplies

Here is enough space for all players to ask questions about the game.

Moderator: moderators

Offer for New Players - Half Price Building Supplies

Post by Guest » 13.11.2010, 23:30

Hi all those new players out there. Yes, both of you =)
This is a great offer but it dosent get enough press so im going to post it here so people are more aware of it. All credit goes to Altanaya PP and E for the great idea!

Full details here http://www.forum.kapilands.com/viewtopic.php?t=23302

Basically myself and a few others are supplying new players with raw building materials at half price.
So wood at 27ea,
Steel at 65
Stones at 13ea

I myself offer 100k of each as a max since that's more than enough to boost a company up several levels once used in expansions. This is only for new players who the individual player who is supplying the materials is happy to work with and there is an expectation that the materials are used exclusively for expansions, in other words I dont want to buy my 100k of steel for 120ea off the market 30sec after i give it to you! =)

So get in there new players and make good on this great offer.
My 100kc
H

Post by Guest » 14.11.2010, 00:20

You could get this offer in KapiTimes as well if you'd send in an advertisement ;)

Post by Guest » 14.11.2010, 12:45

Just a further piece of information: Selling products for such low prices is a great risk for your and your buyers' accounts!
I just want to make this clear! You should always trade at prices near the market prices... everything else is a real risk.

Post by Guest » 14.11.2010, 14:15

So this isn't accurate?
Tusah wrote: The Game Mods have graciously allowed us to conduct this program

Post by Guest » 14.11.2010, 18:02

Not as far as I know... and usually I have got a very good overview about recent phenomena in Kapilands... and unfortunately I know about some problematic cases in such situations.. :shock:
Last edited by Guest on 14.11.2010, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 14.11.2010, 18:07

I have heard of people who sell stones for around that price as well.
I haven't seen the other raw materials drop in price that much if I'm honest. :P

Post by Guest » 14.11.2010, 20:12

Offers that are not considered allowed trades should be removed from the forum, by having them on the forum it looks like they are endorsed by kapilands as most people would assume on a moderated forum unallowed trades would be removed quite quickly to avoid confusion, i read the offer thread at the time and although dubious assumed it was an allowed offer with references to admins allowing it.

There's no point having evasive basic rules on the main site then allowing anybody to post any offers they want on the forum especially offers that can lead to people being banned, not only that but some of the people being caught out could of potentially spent real money and be banned for offers that should not be here, is there no procedure in place with Upjers in regards to forum postings to avoid this sort of thing happening? as surely it's in the interest of Upjers to avoid this sort of thing.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 15.11.2010, 13:47

We are surely not avoiding anything - it seems both myself and GoldenEye have clearly overlooked this post by now. :oops:

It has now been closed by me. We will of course make sure this does not happen again. Pardon our oversight!

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » 15.11.2010, 22:06

GoldenEye wrote:Just a further piece of information: Selling products for such low prices is a great risk for your and your buyers' accounts!
I just want to make this clear! You should always trade at prices near the market prices... everything else is a real risk.
The market price is the price the market will bare; since the product is being offered at the price it is being offered at (and the market price is that price by definition), could you please explain how "the market price" is below "the market price?"

If your answer is anything other than "we are wrong" then you should change the name of "market price" - it is misleading to use standard terminology (look it up in an economics textbook) in a non-standard way.

Post by Guest » 16.11.2010, 01:28

Tusah wrote: The market price is the price the market will bare; since the product is being offered at the price it is being offered at (and the market price is that price by definition), could you please explain how "the market price" is below "the market price?"
Quite simple:
The price which is offered AT THE MARKET - > Market place so ANYONE can buy it +/- a certain amount "discount". Dealing far cheaper by contract is against the rules and can end up in a lost account.

YES, to make sure I am not losing my account I have been buying certain goods off the market like mad until MY price was not longer anwhere near too much over market prices - and I still keep picking small amounts of a little more expensive goods off the market if its a small comp which might have good use for the money, while I ignore the huge cheap offers of large size comps - so far nobody ever forced me to buy goods.
Tusah wrote:If your answer is anything other than "we are wrong" then you should change the name of "market price" - it is misleading to use standard terminology (look it up in an economics textbook) in a non-standard way.
This ist not really an economic students programme but a GAME including an economic simulation (demand & offer ruling prices for example) plus you should not forget there are players hanging about whose native language is NOT english, so keep the language simple to a certain degree, I would say. When I want to study specific economic terms, I will surely either take lessons or read more often financial times (not the German version) or similar papers.

Lump it or like it, might be a new standard.

Dopamin (sometimes not very nice either)

Post by Guest » 16.11.2010, 03:27

Dopamin wrote:This ist not really an economic students programme but a GAME including an economic simulation (demand & offer ruling prices for example) plus you should not forget there are players hanging about whose native language is NOT english, so keep the language simple to a certain degree, I would say. When I want to study specific economic terms, I will surely either take lessons or read more often financial times (not the German version) or similar papers.

Lump it or like it, might be a new standard.

Dopamin (sometimes not very nice either)
This is asinine. "Market Price" has a meaning, it's not an arbitrary phrase. What other words are we re-defining? It's not a question of "I don't like it this way, change it I'm throwing a tantrum if you don't" it's a question of convenience. Why invent a new definition for a word when there's already something in existence...it only creates potential for confusion.

Further, the rules make it clear that *any* price that significantly deviates from the market price is not allowed; not "only strike prices" as you imply. It sounds like you do not have a very good understanding of the rules of this game.

Post by Guest » 16.11.2010, 04:50

Tusah wrote:This is asinine. "Market Price" has a meaning, it's not an arbitrary phrase. What other words are we re-defining? It's not a question of "I don't like it this way, change it I'm throwing a tantrum if you don't" it's a question of convenience. Why invent a new definition for a word when there's already something in existence...it only creates potential for confusion.
Does it? Well, I must admit I have not been reading regularly through the forums the last how long? I think about two and a half years, but this is the first "re-definition complaint" I have ever read. Might have missed an earlier one.
Tusah wrote:Further, the rules make it clear that *any* price that significantly deviates from the market price is not allowed; not "only strike prices" as you imply. It sounds like you do not have a very good understanding of the rules of this game.
I MUST have no idea about the rules of this game - thats why I keep playing it after (see above) more than two years and about 4 bil fa comp (others reach this quite some time earlier than me, but thank God I do not need to have the biggest one) and still trying to sust out how to optimize my retail prices... :wink:

Nearly forgot - my account has never ever been anywhere being deleted by upjers due to dodgy contracts - thats (as far as I can think of at this time of day) round about the only rule I found so far - if you leave out things like multiaccounts & other ways of cheating.

Dopamin

Post by Guest » 16.11.2010, 06:06

Okay, in order to help you with the understanding of what I wrote I will add a small word to the sentence above:
GoldenEye wrote:You should always trade at prices near the usual market prices... everything else is a real risk.
Usual market prices for steel, wood and stones (like you offer) - and this is not a surprise! - are located somewhere around the NPC-prices.

I used "usual" in that context before... don't ask me why I forget to write it down in here.
Hopefully this helps you. :)

And sorry for the little confusion; I will make sure to use the terminus "market price" in combination with "usual" (not "average" as this would be too mathematic for you I guess and would not lead to what we are trying to express).
Dopamin wrote:Nearly forgot - my account has never ever been anywhere being deleted by upjers due to dodgy contracts - thats (as far as I can think of at this time of day) round about the only rule I found so far - if you leave out things like multiaccounts & other ways of cheating.
Thanks for mentioning that!
Most of the players playing Kapilands have never been in conflict with the rules! And even more have never been in contact with any of the game admins, the cheater tools or even the upjers-support.
So we are indeed talking about a rare phenomenom compared to the huge amount of players - and we should not forget about that!

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 01:19

So these kind players can't supply cheap products a mere 65 below the average market price, but contest companies could sell it on for 10/30 times the original average market price during a contest?

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 18:24

UnityGasExchange wrote:So these kind players can't supply cheap products a mere 65 below the average market price, but contest companies could sell it on for 10/30 times the original average market price during a contest?
Contest products are not over market price. During contest the market price skyrockets for contest item and that is the market price for product at that time. Demand is high, market price goes up. Try to sell product, which was in contest, for the same price as it was during contest, when contest is over. You`ll see, no one will buy it, because the price will be too high because of low demand. Market price after contest will be much lower.

Higher demand, higher price you can set.