Realm 1 Retail: What should I do?

Here is enough space for all players to ask questions about the game.

Moderator: moderators

Realm 1 Retail: What should I do?

Post by Guest » 20.07.2010, 16:55

My R2 company is going strong in Stones and Oil, but I don't want to keep doing the same thing on my much smaller R1 company.

I'd like to go into retail on Realm 1, but I'm not sure what I should be selling.
I'm not looking for super-high profits, just anything that's even slightly profitable. I don't want to go into a negative cashflow obviously.
I did retail before on R2 but that was as a side thing, I want to be 75%-100% retail on Realm 1.

What kind of retailing could I get into at Manager level on Realm 1 without bankrupting my company?

Note: My current cash is at 69.6 million, which can go up slightly after I sell about 40 mines and plantations, they're all 20m

Post by Guest » 20.07.2010, 22:15

My advice about your R1 company:
- Produce stones, water and power and sell them thru contract or in the market, to raise cash, meanwhile start research on your product target and start building a large production building and selling store for your product and start moving slowly for your target keeping the stones, water and power production to keep a good cash flow till you are big enought to survive only with your target product.
This was what i have done with my company, and at this moment I am working with 4 diferent products, wardrobes (Q28), Golden Watches (Q52), Cars (Q40) and Gas (Q64)

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 07:18

if you wanna have fun -> food
produce food or buy it and sell it into stores. that was my fun at the first german server :D

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 09:49

cash money brothers wrote:if you wanna have fun -> food
produce food or buy it and sell it into stores. that was my fun at the first german server :D
If you're going to make food, don't make sugar. I made a small profit for a while out of stores but then I started losing a lot of money.

Try Jewellery.

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 15:09

I'd like to try and just buy and sell, pure retail :P

So food could work for that?

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 15:12

Hey again,

Yeah, it could do. I think fruits might be quite good if you want to do it that way. Buy for 9 caps, sell for 15 caps. Small profit but fun :)

p.s. I'm writing a joke and a made up story 8)

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 19:41

The obvious top products are wardrobes, jewelery,TV's, gas,leather jackets,and cabriolets. If your not looking for major profit I would go with food.

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 20:08

Yeah I don't want to 'roll with the big boys' too much, I just wanna have fun and have some profit so my company won't go bankrupt.
My Realm 2 account is the big money maker, R1 is just going to be 'fun in a different industry', retailing in this case.
I think I'll have fun selling the different types of fruits and foods. :)

Though I'll probably start the retail thing this weekend if not later, so there's still time for a few suggestions ;)

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 21:12

VerConMat Industries BV wrote: My Realm 2 account is the big money maker, R1 is just going to be 'fun in a different industry', retailing in this case.
Same with me. i think it would be hell to have to major accounts.

Post by Guest » 22.07.2010, 09:46

Try the following products as well if you're going to use groceries:

- Chickens (Best profit)

- Eggs (OK profit)

- Potatoes (OK profit)

:)

Post by Guest » 22.07.2010, 12:06

pork in the middle east FTW!
we want bacon!

Post by Guest » 22.07.2010, 12:11

ILIYYILI wrote:pork in the middle east FTW!
we want bacon!
I do that (sausages at least)! Offer him ANOTHER suggestion! :lol:

Post by Guest » 22.07.2010, 12:13

I think he should do it :)
Not a big profit, I guess. but it's fun :twisted:

Post by Guest » 22.07.2010, 14:15

Why didn't anybody suggest toy-factory products? :D
They are not as easy as many food-things but not too complicated. There you can easily become a quality-leader and also build your production facilities.
Maybe the profit-margins are smaller than for some food-products, but from time to time you can sell special building-stuff and quest-products.

Long, long ago I went into the wooden toys-industry in the German version of Kapilands.
I became quality leader in wooden toys (far beyond Q60 would be possible by now! 8) ), but due to the small profit margins (I was a "start up"-company those days with only some billions of Caps ;) ) I decided to sell all my fully expanded toy factories and toy stores. I only kept the research. It's a nice hobby but I don't make a single Caps by it today. :lol:
When I started playing Kapiland I thought about shoes... yet this seemed to complicated to me years ago as I had no money, no clue about the game and early got to know that also shoes would not have been a "profit bomb". Oh well... long, long ago... :lol:

Post by Guest » 22.07.2010, 16:23

Wouldn't it bring in more money to sell toys on the market to special buildings lovers? That's why I haven't suggested any special building products. Though I suppose it could be fun to take a different road than the most walked one.

Perhaps pick something that is low supply in the stats menu.

Sidenote: Toys are rather easy to deal with. The only one that puts up a minor mathematical fight is stuffed animals.