Advertisment (Ads) in stores

Please check this section first before posting.
Here you can find answers to most of the basic questions about Kapilands.

Moderator: moderators

What are advertisments (ads)?

Post by Guest » 02.05.2010, 14:29

What are advertisments (ads)?

Ads are a possibilty to get costumers.
You can use them to make your store renowned. This will allow you to sell your products faster.

How can I produce and research advertisements?

Post by Guest » 02.05.2010, 14:31

How can I produce and research advertisements?

You can produce advertisement in TV Stations (build them only in the green area!). You only need 1,000 units of power and some Caps to produce one unit of advertisements.
You can research advertisements in the Media Research Centre (Media RC).

Important: Please check the postings below to get to know more about the sense of producing and researching advertisements!
Last edited by Guest on 03.05.2010, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

Shall I produce advertisements on my own?

Post by Guest » 02.05.2010, 14:44

Shall I produce advertisements on my own?

Short answer: No! Stay away from advertisements!

When a new server starts there are always players that are very eager to compete in the advertisements-business. They start huge investments into high ads-researches as this is the only thing the ads-business is about. You need a high research to improve the relation between advertisement points (APs) and costs of production.
This means that a new player should not go into the advertisement-business because he cannot use a high research. Better go and buy the required units of ads for your stores from other players.

If you still want to produce your own ads then build your TV station in the green area (everything else would cause way too high production costs).

Advertisement points (APs) - what is that?

Post by Guest » 02.05.2010, 14:56

Advertisement points (APs) - what is that?

APs are the real secret of the ads-business.
They are based on the quality of the advertisement-unit and can be calculated the following way:

1 unit advertisements Q0: 1 APs
1 unit advertisements Q1: 2 APs
1 unit advertisements Q2: 3 APs
1 unit advertisements Q3: 4 APs
and so on...
The higher the quality of the advertisment the more APs it will give you.

You need 40,000 APs (not units of advertisements) to fill a store completely with advertisements.
So you should check the market offers and calculate the prices of the single APs. This is the only way to be sure to find the lowest price for your advertisements.

Here is an example for your calculation:
Let's assume that you can find advertisements Q0 for 300 Caps/each and advertisments Q9 at 600 Caps/each at the market.
By just looking at it it seems as if the Q0 is much cheaper than Q9. But is this true?

A unit of advertisements Q0 gives you exactely 1 AP, so you have to calculate: 300 Caps/1 AP = 300 Caps/AP
So 1 AP costs you 300 Caps.
A unit of advertisements Q9 gives you exactely 10 APs, so you have to calculate: 600 Caps/10 APs = 60 Caps/AP
So 1 AP costs you 60 Caps.

How many APs shall I put into my store?

Post by Guest » 02.05.2010, 15:01

How many APs shall I put into my store?

Short answer: 40,000 advertisement points (APs) per store

You can put in more, but that is not useful. It's like burning your money. ;)
If you put 40,000 APs into your store you will reach a popularity of 100 % (which is the maximum).

With 40,000 APs in your store you will be able to sell your products twice as fast as with 0 APs (in the half time).
With 20,000 APs in your store you will be able to sell your products 25 % faster than with 0 APs.

I just built a store. Shall I fill it with ads now?

Post by Guest » 02.05.2010, 15:05

I just built a store. Shall I fill it with ads now?

You should do some maths in this case.
When you fill your store with 40,000 advertisement points (APs) you reduce the time needed for a sale by 50 %. This is the same effect as if you would double the size of your building.

That means that you should expand the building as long as doubling the size is cheaper than buying 40,000 advertisement points (APs). The exact time when you reach this point depends on the market prices of expansion materials and the advertisment points.
So you need to do some maths. ;)

Can I take advertisements out of a store?

Post by Guest » 02.05.2010, 15:07

Can I take advertisements out of a store?

No, you can't.
Ads (and thus APs) that have been put in a store will stay there forever.

So you can only raise the amount of advertisement points, but you should stop at 40,000 APs.

I put ads in my store and the sale-time increased. Why?

Post by Guest » 02.05.2010, 15:10

I put ads in my store and the sale-time increased. Why?

When you put ads into your store the sale-time will be calculated new (although you started the sale long before you put the ads into it).
And because the stats of demand and supply always change it can happen that the new sale-time is a bit longer than it was before you put the ads into the store. But the time still becomes less than without advertisments.