Unallowed trades/Cheating/Giving accounts away/etc.

Please check this section first before posting.
Here you can find answers to most of the basic questions about Kapilands.

Moderator: moderators

Am I allowed to give my account to other players?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 06:14

I want to stop playing Kapilands. Am I allowed to give my account to other players?

No, you are not allowed to do that.
You have to keep your login-data on your own.

And in accordance to our Kapilands-rules every player is allowed to have got only one account per server.

Am I am allowed to give other players loans or presents?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 06:19

Am I am allowed to give other players private loans?

Unfortunately we cannot allow this.
This would lead to massive cheating and in the end we would not have got a fair game anymore.

Please check the Kapilands-rules.
There you can read that you are not allowed to give private loans or presents to other players.
[quote="Kapilands-rules"]

Am I allowed to "cheat" like in usual computer gam

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 06:22

Am I allowed to "cheat" like in usual computer games?

There are no "cheat codes" in Kapilands like they are in usual computer games.
Kapilands tries to be a fair game for a lot of players to give them as much fun as possible. That's why there are only fair trades allowed.
Try to be the cleverest and most successful trader!

Here are the Kapilands-rules if you want to read the rules in detail.
[quote="Kapilands-rules"]

I got a contract from "TrustMe GmbH". Isn't that a

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 06:25

I got a contract from "TrustMe GmbH". Isn't that a cheater?

The contract sent to you by "TrustMe GmbH" is indeed way too expensive. The price is an unallowed one and would lead to a ban of the account. Yet you also got a message some days before that warned you about "TrustMe GmbH".
This is a system-message that tries to make the people be careful what they do. Later on you will not get warned when another player sends you such an unallowed contract.

But you are correct: If a real player would sent you such an extremly expensive contract you should decline it and urgently contact the upjers-support.

My account got banned! Why?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 06:28

My account got banned! Why?

Probably you disregared the Kapilands-rules.
Yet there is nobody in the forums that can give you a concrete answer on this. That is why this question cannot and will not be discussed in the forums. And for sure you do not want others to know about your problems ingame.

Thus you need to contact the upjers-support, but only if you really don't know what you did.
Last edited by Guest on 09.08.2010, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

What shall I do when I found someone cheating?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 06:32

What shall I do when I found someone cheating?

Please contact urgently the upjers-support.
Give the upjers-employees every detail you can remember, especially the User-ID of the possible cheater! The User-ID is really very important!
The upjers-support will then check the other company.

Please avoid any public postings about that possible cheater. Denunciations are not respected in here, even if your suspicion is correct.

May I accept contracts from "newspaper" or "s

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 06:36

May I accept contracts from "newspaper" or "system"?

Yes, you are allowed to accept them!
These companies are system-companies so it does not matter what the contract looks like.

For example the "newspaper" (which is our KapiTimes) sends out the contest prizes likes medals and certificates. Of course you can accept these contracts.

Important:
Make sure if the company names are spelled correctly.
The official names are newspaper and system, no additional space characters.
If the sender of your contract is spelled like this you can accept the contracts. If not decline it and contact the upjers-support, please.

What is an unallowed trade?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 06:52

What is an unallowed trade?

There are often questions about the "nature" of an unallowed trade, a trade that is way to "advantageous" to one side.
Thus we give you this small list of things and hope to be able to give you a compact overview.
  • There is no list of "minimal" or "maximal" prices.
    This depends on the fact that prices always change, especially due to quests and contests. Prices always depend on the complete context. Another reason is that such a list would give cheaters some kind of security. They would know the "guideline" and could play unfairly (compared to others). We cannot support cheating!
  • Sometimes we get asked if it is okay to support a new player or to trade at very low prices, e. g. in a trade union. Thus players want to send contracts with prices that are way too low. Unfortunately we cannot make any exceptions to our rules, completely independet from the reasons for the trades. The cheater-tool only sees the trades but not the reasons for them. That is also the reason why only "present status symbols" (liquor, sweets package, flowers etc.) can be allowed as prices for small private quizzes.
  • The reference for the trades is always the market. Please trade at usual market prices. You can always use the entire market, the forums and faxes to see what the prices are. Players that tell you things like "XX percent over/under market price is okay" cannot be sure about this. There is no percentage that your prices can differ from the market prices.
  • The cheater-tool gets checked from time to time by upjers-employees. Those are very experienced people. They can differentiate between a trade that is unallowed and one that is just a bargain. So there is no need to be always in fear of your account. But this does of course not include something like "Okay, I am allowed to cheat once.".
    Always keep in mind: By far most of all players never have got any problems with the Kapilands-rules.
  • You should always use your own intuition when evaluating the correct prices. Simply use your common sense and enjoy Kapilands!

Why am I not allowed to "cheat"?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 06:57

Why am I not allowed to "cheat"?

Kapilands is not a "single player-game". It is a game of thousands of active players.
Every player wants to have fun here. We all want to enjoy this great game!
Thus we need some rules that make clear what you are allowed to do and what you aren't. If you violate the rules, especially with "cheating", you do not only harm yourself (as you take away some fun of this game). You also disadvantage other players. You also influence all balancing and thereby disturb the game itself... all players have to suffer if a single one cheats.

Somebody who cheats does not understand the sense of Kapilands, a game with a huge community of fair players, and thus will not be tolerated in our game.

Am I allowed to trade with a friend/family member?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 07:53

Am I allowed to trade with a friend/family member?

Be careful when trading with a friend/family member.
Trading via the same IP (same internet-connection) is not allowed!

Better avoid any trades between your account and your friends one. This can end up in the suspicion of an unallowed multi-account. That can be a reason to ban both accounts.

There are enough trading-partners in this game. Use the market, the faxes and the forums to find a reliable partner and avoid the risk of trading via the same IP.