Sales - Market, Contracts, Stores, System

Please check this section first before posting.
Here you can find answers to most of the basic questions about Kapilands.

Moderator: moderators

Can I take back offers I put at the market?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 08:45

Can I take back offers I put at the market?

Yes, you can take it back.
Simply buy it back from the market. :) Don't worry about the costs: You pay for your own products so you will get the money credited immediately.

Only the market commission of 10 % that you paid when you put your products at the market is lost.

How can I create a contract?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 08:51

How can I create a contract?

There are two basic possibilities.

1) From out of your warehouse:
Check your "warehouse", chose the correct product in the correct quality.
Type in the correct amount in the field beside the product.
Then scroll down to the end of the page. There you can see "Send to an other company via contract." on the right. Type in the correct price per unit (Be careful: It is per unit, not for all!). Add the company name of the player that shall recieve the contract.
Click on "send" and on the confirmation-page click on "execute".

2) From out of the "company information"-page:
When you look up a company in the "search company"-menu you will see a "company information"-page. You can also see this when you click on the button "info" beside a company name in the fax-page.
Then you can chose the menu "send contract". The company name will be put into the correct field in your warehouse-page and you can fill out the other fields (see no. 1 above).

How can I sell things via the market?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 08:56

How can I sell things via the market?

This works nearly the same way as selling things via contract.

Go to your warehouse, chose the correct product in the correct quality, type in the correct amount in the blank field beside the product, scroll down to the end of the page, chose the field on the left called "Sell at market", type in the correct price per unit and click on "send". On the confirmation page you should check the offer and then click on "execute". That's it.

Where can I sell my products?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 09:00

Where can I sell my products?

You can sell everything in here at different places. :)

You can sell things to the system, to other players via contracts and the market and also sell things in your stores.
Please check the "help"-menu ingame to see in which stores you can sell what. If the "help"-menu does not tell you where to sell a certain product you cannot sell it in your stores, but via the market and contracts.

How many offers can I put at the market?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 09:01

How many offers can I put at the market?

Without a premium account: 20 offers at once
With a premium account: 40 offers at once

Where shall I build my head-quarter?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 09:05

Where shall I build my head-quarter?

Chose whatever place you want to create your HQ in. ;)
The only thing it will affect are some very, very small transport costs if you send products into another country/area than your head-quarter is in.

Due to the fact that selling in stores is best in the red area you should also build your head-quarter in the same country as you can save the transport costs then (although they are very low).

How can I sell things to the system?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 09:10

How can I sell things to the system?

You can sell buildings and researches to the system once you reached the level manager.
Simply check the building you want to sell, click on "sell" and then click on "execute" below "Do you really want to sell this building for [xx] Caps?". But be careful: Usually you can earn more money when selling your building to other players!
This works the same for researches. Go to your office or research-menu, click on "Research" on the left and click on "sell".

How can I sell products in my stores?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 09:23

How can I sell products in my stores?

Of course you need your own stores in order to sell something in it. If you don't have your own stores you need to build them first or buy them (once you reached level manager).

You can sell a lot of different products in your stores, but not all of them (please check this posting).
You can only sell one product in one store at one time. Of course you can sell different products in different stores, but only one kind of product per store. You can stop the sale-process whenever you want. The products that you did not sell will be delivered into your warehouse. The store is then empty again and can be filled again.

Visiting the list in the "sale"-menu, click on "ready" and visit the building. The rest is very easy, especially when you played the tutorial.

The shortest time that your sale-process will take is ten minutes. You can sell much longer but the shortest time is ten minutes.
Once you put some APs (advertisement points; not more than 40,000 APs!) into your stores they will stay there forever.

Important:
Usually you can sell your products at best in the red area. But please check the stats to find out the best for your specific product.
The higher your quality is the more expensive you can sell your products.
You should always try to sell above the stats-price.
Last edited by Guest on 03.05.2010, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

What influences the time of sales in stores?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 14:04

What influences the time of sales in stores?

There are several factors that have got an influence on the time of a selling process in the stores. These are:
  • country where your store is built in
  • demand and supply for your product in this country (s. stats)
  • the quality of your product
  • the average quality of this product in this country (s. stats)
  • the average price of this product in this country (s. stats)
  • the price that you entered
  • the amount of advertisement points in your store (not more than 40,000!)
  • the amount of employees in your stores (depending on the size of your store)
  • your level
  • the minimum stats price
  • the maximum stats price
  • the amount of the product you put into your store

How are products sorted in the market if I click on 'Time'?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 14:07

How are products sorted in the market if I click the 'Time'-link at the top?

The newest products are listed on the top while the oldest on the bottom.

What's the difference between stores, contracts and market?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 14:13

What's the difference between stores, contracts and market?

The stores, market and contract are the three ways to sell items in the game.

The store is a retail store where you sell the product dirrectly to the NPC. You pay no fee for stocking goods into a retail shop located in the same country as your headquarters in located. All other countries charge a small fee to stock goods.

Selling via a contract allows you to buy and sell to other players in the game with a limited fee or no fee at all. No fee is added for sending a contract to another company with his/hers headquarters in the same country as your own. Shipping to other countries requires a small fee up to 3%.

The market charges a 10% fee to place your goods on a list. Every player in the game can view and buy goods off that list.

Why do people pay less in contracts than on the market?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 14:16

Why do people pay less in contracts than on the market?

They do this mainly for two reasons.
One, they enjoy giving a break to a long time business partner.
Two, it is still cheaper than the market due to the 10% market fee.

How do I sell Coins?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 14:22

How do I sell Coins?

Start by going to your office. Click the Coins-button below your game stats (on the left). There are two ways to sell coins. You can either sell them to the system or to another player.

Selling to the system only gives 50,000 Caps per Coin which is not recommended as players will pay much more.

To sell to another player look for "Sell to player's company". In the box next to "Amount" fill in the amount of coins you wish to sell. In the box next to "Price per Coin" fill in the price you wish to sell for. In the box next to "Company" fill in the company's name you are selling the Coins to. Then click the "Sell to player"-button under these three boxes.

Nobody buys my high-Q-product, but low-Q is sold fast. Why?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 14:34

I sent my textiles Q3 to the market at good price, but no one buys. Although, someone bought very expensive Q1 textiles from market. Is he a cheater?

Sometimes he can be a cheater. Most of the time the expensive odd quality is for a contest, quest task or special building task.

If you think that you found a cheater please contact the upjers-support.

[Of course textiles are to be seen as an example. You can put in every product you want. ;) ]