Create a Securities Exchange Commision

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Create a Securities Exchange Commision

Post by Guest » 20.08.2007, 08:53

WHEREAS: kapiland needs to protect itself from cheaters
WHEREAS: kapiland would be better with unique inputs
WHEREAS: kapiland can "check and balance" side deals by registering them; therefore
RESOLVED: that a Securities Exchange Commision should be created to oversee the transfer of coinage or kapi with respect to registering what good/service was provided for said transfer.

Current poll: 2 ayes; 3 nays; several people with good question & oppinions.

~~~~CONSTRUCTION (DRAFT) OF ARGUMENT IN THE AFFIRMATIVE~~~
This is not Monopoly (the board game).

The fun in Monopoly is being creative and making side deals.

How can this happen in Kopiland without the cheats?

Please consider a system of coin and/or kopi exchanges for side offerings. If the exchanges are registered (like the SEC in r/l) then the problem of cheating becomes less of a problem while global invention rises.

(Thank you for this petition).
Last edited by Guest on 22.08.2007, 01:58, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Guest » 20.08.2007, 09:11

Several questions... :D

1) Why do you want to get more "side deals"? Do you miss something?
You have got the market... status symbols... enough stats to try to become the best in one of them.

2) What should the "side deals" be about? What should you be able to do?

3) Isn't it just a petition of legalizing cheating? ;)

Post by Guest » 20.08.2007, 09:28

The fun in monopoly is making money and winning :wink:

Post by Guest » 20.08.2007, 10:55

The fun in monopoly is when you beat your brother so badly he picks up the board and flings it across the room (and then you never play it again or speak of that day!!)

Post by Guest » 20.08.2007, 11:09

hebawom wrote:The fun in monopoly is when you beat your brother so badly he picks up the board and flings it across the room (and then you never play it again or speak of that day!!)

lol. I have a gental famaly, so when i beat my famaly at menopoly hockey. I just call loser picks up, and its entertaining to watch your older brother be grumpy.

Post by Guest » 20.08.2007, 11:58

hebawom wrote:The fun in monopoly is when you beat your brother so badly he picks up the board and flings it across the room (and then you never play it again or speak of that day!!)
Edit: the fun is to win by breaking down your sisters empire of real estate because she is charging the wrong (way to low) prices while you are climbing up from the dumbster she put you in 8)

But back to the topic: don't see the point of it, except legalized cheating indeed.

Post by Guest » 20.08.2007, 13:05

The fun is in playing a good game instead of spending 4 hours counting and waiting for the dice to tell you if you won. I'll never understand why Monopoly (or for that matter, Risk) sells so well.

Puerto Rico has a bit of counting busywork too, but it plays faster and is vastly superior.

Lucky your suggestion is too abstract, I don't really know what you mean. You can sell goods, status symbols, research, and buildings here. What exactly would you want to do a "side deal" for beside those?

Post by Guest » 20.08.2007, 23:36

GoldenEye wrote:Several questions... :D

1) Why do you want to get more "side deals"? Do you miss something?
You have got the market... status symbols... enough stats to try to become the best in one of them.

2) What should the "side deals" be about? What should you be able to do?

3) Isn't it just a petition of legalizing cheating? ;)
I'll send you a pm with one example of an idea... :-)

Post by Guest » 20.08.2007, 23:39

laugh out loud.

There are actually books dedicated to playing monopoply. College students have invented heavy gameboards that they can play underwater in a pool..

a mathmatician from the credit bureaus came up with statisctical probability of landing on any given square, etc, etc. (shrug)

Post by Guest » 20.08.2007, 23:41

Knolls wrote:
Lucky your suggestion is too abstract, I don't really know what you mean. You can sell goods, status symbols, research, and buildings here. What exactly would you want to do a "side deal" for beside those?
if a [censored] wants to part with his money then who are we to stop them? (side deals).

cheating = ppl with multiple accounts... those attempting to ruin the system by using technology or whatever.

Still this game isn't suppose to be A BOX is it? We aren't suppose to just sit here and wonder who was playing back in January... and how we can get to tycoon level.... if so... the newbys shouldn't even start. hahaa

I'm just asking for a legal means to get creative.

make rules in the SEC to bypass cheating. And take each deal inidivually if you want. We should be allowed to invent and create. :-)

(Thanks again for listening to the proposal(s))

Post by Guest » 21.08.2007, 02:42

Your asking for a legal way to move money from one account to another? No, I will not stand for that. This would only make cheating happen MORE often.

Post by Guest » 21.08.2007, 02:49

From luckytrader in another thread:
kopi company wants a private forum built.

And they don't know how to build one.

An SEC would allow the buying company to pay the service company to build that private forum (even though they may pay server fees or whatever).

1 example of using kopis "outside of the box". tech players already create their own forums. In a world economy... everything is for sale. There are ways to sell r/l skills with Kopi dollars. Skills like: design service, consultation fees, etc, etc.

In real life... I charge 300$/hour for my opinion. And if one of the tycoon players were to offer sound advice on the game... then they should be able to charge just as well. "free economy".

MAKE US FREE. PLEASE CREATE AN S.E.C.

(thank you)
(again)
haha
I think I understand what you're saying. A far more common example would be if someone wanted to create a banner for someone, and charge in-game caps for the service.

The appeal is clear, but you're still opening up the possibility of cheating and using lot of man hours to do it. Then you're just putting someone in the position of saying "That banner sucks, no way is it worth a million caps. Veto!" I wouldn't want that job.

Post by Guest » 21.08.2007, 02:57

hmm... is cheating that rampant?

Michael Milken invented junk bombs (arguably creating a way to "cheat" the stock market) yet they are still used today to finance corporate take-overs.

(shrug).

It seems like the fear of cheating is so huuuuuuuuuge that the fun of invention is losing.

I dunno.

Post by Guest » 21.08.2007, 03:52

RAISES HAND!!!!
FULLY SUPPORTS THIS PETITION!!!!

More side deals can be more fun in Kapilands...
This adds much more possibilities to the whole market and system to the game
!!!

MAking it more realistic!!

Post by Guest » 21.08.2007, 04:31

luckytrader wrote:hmm... is cheating that rampant?

Michael Milken invented junk bombs (arguably creating a way to "cheat" the stock market) yet they are still used today to finance corporate take-overs.

(shrug).

It seems like the fear of cheating is so huuuuuuuuuge that the fun of invention is losing.

I dunno.
Well, looks like you are so desperatly trying to do good that you don't mind bending the rules.
It's cheats like you who spoil games.

You want more deals, you don't even meet the closed deals you already made.
Rarely ever seen such loser like you in a game.
Please move on to another game and try to spoil that one instead of this one.