Idea About Quality

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Idea About Quality

Post by Guest » 12.08.2007, 12:49

My idea is very simple in theory, if I have some good at Q1 and Q2 they should be an option to mix the two together to get the good as Q1.
E.g
Chemicals Q1 500
Chemicals Q2 500
If I were to mix them I would get
Chemicals Q1 1000

Why?
Well in real life* if you need provide a low quality good, but you got some of it in high quality, no one would mind if you sold it as the low quality good as long as you charged the low quality price.

Why in Kapilands?
Well if you like me and producing steel you then to get the lowest cost of goods possible and as a result you then to be left with a couple of hundred of some random quality, which would only last a couple of hours in a production runs

Disadvantages
Well contests would be affected as someone could buy 1 Q of the contest and everything higher than mix it to get the contest product. Although this could be countered by having higher Q contest products, or by having a minimum ratio of mixed goods e.g 10:1.

*By real life i mean an example shown to me in an accounting lecture.

Thanks for your time and feel free to comment

Puzzman

edit: Took out the pun completely
Last edited by Guest on 13.08.2007, 05:44, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 12.08.2007, 13:22

really nice proposal.
i will support 100% and agree with you.. as a player.

but if i'm a game developer i will 110% decline your proposal because i need more player to use premium accout to support this game.
people will buy coins and use it to extend their warehouse capasity.

Post by Guest » 13.08.2007, 05:43

Well, if thats going to be an issue, I suppose we could make the 'mixing machine' coin operated, e.g one coin allows you to do 10 'mixes'.

Tycoon
Moderator off duty

Re: Idea About Quality

Post by Tycoon » 13.08.2007, 22:55

Puzzman wrote: Why?
Well in real life* if you need provide a low quality good, but you got some of it in high quality, no one would mind if you sold it as the low quality good as long as you charged the low quality price.

Why in Kapilands?
Well if you like me and producing steel you then to get the lowest cost of goods possible and as a result you then to be left with a couple of hundred of some random quality, which would only last a couple of hours in a production runs

Disadvantages
Well contests would be affected as someone could buy 1 Q of the contest and everything higher than mix it to get the contest product. Although this could be countered by having higher Q contest products, or by having a minimum ratio of mixed goods e.g 10:1.

but in real life it still is a high quality product, isn't it? So you do not say: it is of lower quality, but you change the price and make it cheaper... Also in real life you cannot make a Trabi out of a Porsche, for example... ;-)

and: yes, contests will be affected, but furthermore production will become too easy: players do not have to plan their production anymore. Why think about raw material if you can change the quality anyway?