Refused suggestions **READ THIS FIRST**

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Refused suggestions **READ THIS FIRST**

Post by Guest » 20.01.2007, 23:47

These are suggestions that will not be happening

These aren't necessarily bad suggestions, but the programming expenditure will be to big, or they interfere with other things and there are better solutions...
  • I want a new product
    In the next time new products won't be added, because there would be thousand things which could be included. New products will be implemented when the programmers think it's necessary and then they choose an own product.
  • Online indicator
    There will be no buddylist, which shows if another company is on- or offline. It would lead to too many angry messages of "you're not here, why don't you answer me/accept my contract"
  • Remove/change/restrict the NPC
    They are there for a reason, to provide balance and make sure that bigger players don't dominate smaller ones by buying everything up.
  • Automate production
    Automatically reloading stores/factories, automatically sending products, or automatically doing anything else is not going to happen. It is outside the designers intent and can take too much activity out of the game. Additionally there can be technical problems that would be difficult to overcome.
  • Coin market
    There wont be a coin market. That means you cannot sell coins like wood etc.
  • General Changes
    Please do not suggest ideas which will change the complete sense of the game. If you have any detailed idea of a brand new game then you can write this proposal to the upjers-support.

Post by Guest » 21.02.2007, 19:57

would be fun if there was buddy list

nywayz i aint tellin to make 1 :lol:

Post by Guest » 28.02.2007, 19:44

something that wont make a big programing deal is to hide the URL so you can get just www.kapiland.com all the time and you still can use the $_GET
it is just a mask you put that under the mask is the same ugly URL but over the mask it is only www.kapiland.com

it can be done, i had to do it for some web design i had to do so if you want any help just ask =)

Post by Guest » 16.04.2007, 18:16

i do say a buddy list would be incredibly usefuel for when you send contracts but im not suggesting anything :cry: :cry:

Post by Guest » 16.04.2007, 19:44

ganman wrote:i do say a buddy list would be incredibly usefuel for when you send contracts but im not suggesting anything :cry: :cry:
you get that at Retailer lvl lol :)

Post by Guest » 03.07.2007, 19:03

Astrologer wrote:
ganman wrote:i do say a buddy list would be incredibly usefuel for when you send contracts but im not suggesting anything :cry: :cry:
you get that at Retailer lvl lol :)
No you dont

Post by Guest » 03.07.2007, 23:23

It's called an address book.

Post by Guest » 03.07.2007, 23:37

NO a buddy list something were you know when there log on and such

Post by Guest » 04.07.2007, 00:39

It's really hard to understand what you mean sometimes. Take more time to right before posting and preview your post before you submit. That way you will be better understood. Apologies don't count for anything if you don't learn from your mistakes. Have you had too much coffee this decade? Or,,, are you a French speaking Canadian?

Post by Guest » 04.07.2007, 00:51

Please stop. I specifically changed Attotech's old wording to use the phrase "Online indicator." Yet you two are still arguing semantics from 2 and a half months ago.

The address book already exists. We all know this.
The online indicator (aka "Buddy List") that tells you whether someone is online or not isn't coming. You're welcome to wish it was there, but that's not going to do anything.
Last edited by Guest on 10.09.2007, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

semi automation

Post by Guest » 15.08.2007, 01:57

Even if you don't implement full automation, goods should go to warehouse in small increments automatically. For example, if I am producing 10,000 oil, then I shouldn't have to wait however long it takes to produce that much. I should be able to get them in increments of, lets say 500 or 1000 so that my gas production plant can work in parallel with the oil well, instead of having to wait for my well to produce ALL the oil and then making ALL the gas...

Post by Guest » 15.08.2007, 11:12

Or you get good at it and you produce ALL you oil for 12h then you produce again for 12h oil but in this same 12h you produce ALl your 12h gas from the first 12h. simple

Re: Refused suggestions **READ THIS FIRST**

Post by Guest » 17.10.2007, 21:14

Attotech wrote:These are suggestions that will not be happening

These aren't necessarily bad suggestions, but the programming expenditure will be to big, or they interfere with other things and there are better solutions...
  • Online indicator
    There will be no buddylist, which shows if another company is on- or offline. It would lead to too many angry messages of "you're not here, why don't you answer me/accept my contract"
Oh yeah? Says who? I think that it's just other way of saying "we are too lazy to do it".

Post by Guest » 17.10.2007, 21:48

Yah bloody instigator. Bet your the life of parties, all with your accents that keep shifting and y'r knifey wit.

It's got to be hard on y'r dental bills, what with keeping that thing in your mouth. Why don't you go 'n pick on someone who enjoys y'r banter :)

Re: Refused suggestions **READ THIS FIRST**

Post by Guest » 18.10.2007, 00:30

CMOT wrote:Oh yeah? Says who? I think that it's just other way of saying "we are too lazy to do it".
1) If you want to make your post count go up with short lazy posts that have no reflexion whatsoever in them, at least stay away from personal attacks on the dev team.

2) This is the 3rd version of the game (as Kapi 3 indicates), and aside from major version changes, you'll notice that some features came and went. From what I gathered, some problematic features have been removed / abandonned because of the problems they created. Eventhough I'm not sure if an online indicator was part of these removed features, in itself, it's a responsible attitude, and it's certainly habbits showing the devs are far from lazy, since whatever work went into such test versions has essentially been all "for nothing".

3) The "who" of your "says who" is the majority of the players. In the suggestion posts, you only see the emmerged side of the iceberg, that is, people who would like to see the feature in, and suggest so. But for each of them, there are several players you don't hear, because they are very happy with the game not having an online indicator in it, and who are -like me- against one being implemented, for many reasons.
At least, it is where the majority stood, when in early 2000, the issue was discussed by a significant share of the player population.

4) For more details, you could read Tycoon's post on:
http://www.forum.kapilands.com/viewtopi ... c&start=12