New contest system - Feedback

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

New contest system - Feedback

Post by Guest » 15.04.2013, 09:11

Dear sir/madam,

Changing the game rules is in my opinion an unfair idea. In this forum topic I am seriously concerned about the last changes in contest. What is going on?

There are now 2 products which will deliver points, sugar and candybars, sugar gives 1 point, and candybars 2. Because they are produced by the same type of facility it looks fair, however nothing seems to be fair as it looks on first sight. The reason why it is unfair, is that many companies have tons of sugar already in stock, they invested all different types of basic goods, for the hope to get an edge in the production of more advanced goods in contest. Now all these sugars are almost worth nothing.

My major concern is, that contest goods are going to be linked, for instance when you combine strawberries with strawberry icecream all ice factories are worth nothing anymore, because icecream is only worth something during contests. There are just 2003 ice factories in realm 2 and 10538 fruit plantations. It isn't fair that 2003 icefactories are going to compete with 10538 fruit factories. What will be your next combinations? CPU and computers, tires and rubber, shoes and cows, lamb and lambs, advertisings and power? Look at the statistics what you combine, for instance 281195 plantations versus 4765 car dealers.

What about all these upgrades? It took me a year to upgrade some buildings, that are only worth something in contest, and to make matters worse, the amount of value of all my stockpiled goods outbeats the value of my cash and fixed assets by far! Are all these upgrades and stockpiled items worth nothing anymore?

In my opinion, this contest change is really sad, gameplay is changed after all upgrades and investments, Hereby I hope that this change could be reconsidered and turned back to normal.

Aljooge, realm 2

pearlbay

Re: contest - what are you doing?

Post by pearlbay » 16.04.2013, 08:43

Hi aljooge,

the reason the contest system was updated was to make things more interesting for all players. Due to the new system, we have many new options, and can create challenging contests for you in future. As this system is new, obviously, it will take everyone - both participants and planners - a while to get used to it though. Of course your comments will be taken into consideration with the following contests. The current contest is just one contest, and there will surely be new contests to follow.

We can, as before, keep asking just one single product with a fixed price and quality, and weighting. We can now, however, give players alternatives and ask them to send in either product A or product B, as we have done in this case. The product that is harder to produce has, in this case received the higher weighting and will gain players more points in the contest stats.

For further details on the weighting, please read here.

Constructive criticism is welcome, and can best be posted in our suggestions area. Our newspaper-team is looking forward to your input, and will surely do their best to give you all interesting and challenging contests that will be of interest to everyone in future.

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » 16.04.2013, 14:31

ImageI like the new idea of the contest, and seems to be interesting. Perhaps can be even 2 contests simultaneously (1 for bigger and 1 smaller companies)!
ImageFor me any improvement is welcome and we will get rid of monotony in this way!
No offense aljooge but I see that many of the old players leave the game! Image

Post by Guest » 16.04.2013, 20:04

Ty pearlbay for taking some of these remarks in consideration.

Indeed 2 products makes interesting as well. I just made this input about how products are going to be combined in next contests. Am not a sugar producer so not my contest this time. Of course topic can be moved to suggestions.

aljooge

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 17.04.2013, 06:32

Thanks for the continuing feedback here - and also the positive remarks! :)

And of course, as I said we also appreciate constructive criticism. This being only the first of the new contests, any feedback is appreciated that will help our team in finding out what you as players are interested in.

Obviously not all contests are going to be equally interesting for all players - if you are not a sugar producer, then this one might not be yours. But there'll be different contests in future with different products - and there may indeed also be more than one at a time.

But please also give our team the time to get used to the new system - I am very sure they will be launching many new interesting contests in future. :)

As suggested, I am going to move this topic to the suggestions area and shall be adapting the topic, so anyone who'd like to comment, can do so here constructively.

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!