Finished goods refinery to boost quality

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Finished goods refinery to boost quality

Post by Guest » 30.08.2011, 19:53

How about a factory that improves quality of a finished product by averaging your research quality plus the finished good quality divided by 2?

Let's use cars as an example. If you have 255 max research for every technology AND if you made your car every step of the way from the raw materials, THEN the quality of your car will be maxed out at 107 or so. No matter how you manufacture your own cars and no matter how many maxed out researches you have, the quality of your finished good (car) will be limited at a point where it can never go higher.

BUT, if I can make extra refinement factories, it will add extra steps along the way and allow me to outreach the quality limits. For example, my Q107 cars can run through a factory again with my 255 car research and the new quality would be 181. If I wanted to, I can run it again to reach Q218 cars and so on.