Chat

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Chat

Post by Guest » 15.05.2011, 11:28

Here is another suggestion:

How about implementing a chat in the game?

That would allow players better communication, deals, contracts, etc.

Many games have a chat. This also allows new players to ask questions, and more!

Sincerely,
Auguste

Post by Guest » 22.05.2011, 01:12

We used to have a chat but it wasn't used enough apparently. We asked for it back and they said they'd look into it and never did anything about it!
I'd definitely play more if there was a chat, lets see what GE has to say this time!

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 23.05.2011, 08:26

I am afraid adding a chat would mean we'd have to supervise it 24/7, to ensure there are no indecent comments here, and no one is being maltreated - and that is simply not doable. That's why we are not planning on adding another chatting system, I am afraid.

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » 24.05.2011, 09:57

surely you could use trusted players as "chat mods" and use a banned word replacement code?

<?

$chatmessage = post['message'];
$word = array(word1, word2, word3);

foreach($word as $key){
preg_replace("naughty word!", $key, $chatmessage);

and just build up a library of banned words and variations, such as: word, w0rd, w 0rd, etc.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 25.05.2011, 09:08

Hi again,

It isn't just difficult to find enough trusted players that are able to work in a reliable shift-system, to ensure the chat is supervised 24/7, I am afraid, it's also important to ensure this team is able to work together well and for a long period of time.

If you have followed our efforts in getting a newspaper-team together, you can imagine what I am talking about, UnityGasExchange. ;)

Thank you again for the kind suggestion, Auguste2, but a chat-system is not will not be added to the game.

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » 25.05.2011, 14:19

agreed, i would have volunteered, but it is impractical on a phone

Post by Guest » 26.05.2011, 05:20

mmm... it seems all my suggestions are rejected... :cry:

Anyway, thank you for replying!

Best regards,
Auguste

Post by Guest » 12.07.2011, 20:23

How about opening an MSN group? I am seriously thinking about setting up an MSN group myself and hope the sitemakers are willing to make some marketing for that.