facebook

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

facebook

Post by Guest » 28.07.2010, 23:27

i dont know if this has been said before, but they should put this game on facebook

it will get lots more people playing which can only be good for the game.

just look at farmville, its not great, but so many people play it.

also from a business point of view, the more new players, the more people buying coins - more money for UPJERS or whatever the company is called.

Post by Guest » 28.07.2010, 23:34

It has been said before, and it's not happening.

Facebook prefers 'quick' games, and Kapilands isn't a quick game.

Post by Guest » 28.07.2010, 23:36

should try and get the game on a big games website like mousebreaker.com

and anyway they should try it out if it fails and only a few hundred people join then its okay better than a few hundred people not joining

Re: facebook

Post by Guest » 29.07.2010, 02:00

david94 wrote:i dont know if this has been said before, but they should put this game on facebook

also from a business point of view, the more new players, the more people buying coins - more money for UPJERS or whatever the company is called.
Facebook takes % of the profit... upjers wouldn't want that :wink:

Post by Guest » 30.07.2010, 08:07

david94 wrote:should try and get the game on a big games website like mousebreaker.com

and anyway they should try it out if it fails and only a few hundred people join then its okay better than a few hundred people not joining
Miniclip springs to mind. If RuneScape (the never-ending adventure game) can be featured on it so can Kapilands.

Post by Guest » 01.08.2010, 00:12

Andro wrote: Miniclip springs to mind. If RuneScape (the never-ending adventure game) can be featured on it so can Kapilands.
adventure indicates some sort of fun/excitement involved. "the never ending addictive yet rubbish and sad game with hundreds of 10 year olds and people with no life shouting abuse at you for no reason" would be a better description

grrrr

Post by Guest » 01.08.2010, 00:43

how dare u slag runescape off, i agree that anything runescape can do so can kapilands

Post by Guest » 03.08.2010, 23:14

I doubt it will be posted in Facebook.. Maybe myspace lol

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 04.08.2010, 07:55

This is indeed a nice suggestion, and might be done at some point in the future, though as to when and whether at all, I really cannot say anything at this point. But Facebook is certainly an interesting platform for games.

Cheers,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

Re: facebook

Post by Guest » 22.09.2011, 05:04

ILIYYILI wrote:
david94 wrote:i dont know if this has been said before, but they should put this game on facebook

Facebook takes % of the profit... upjers wouldn't want that :wink:
There are ALWAYS a ways around things.... and I play a agme on facebook that has a "HD Mode" think fullscreen that takes you away from the facebook server and to the IGG server. Once there you can "donate" via anyway you want and not have to deal with facebook credits; and thus facebook does not get a piece of the pie.

Post by Guest » 22.09.2011, 05:10

VerConMat Industries BV wrote:It has been said before, and it's not happening.

Facebook prefers 'quick' games, and Kapilands isn't a quick game.
This post is over a year old and many of the new games require a VERY long time to develop. facebook connects you to the LARGEST market on the internet. It would be a sound fudiciary move for kapilands to take the plunge. They have several games to add to the facebook platform and earn a greater share of the marketplace. WHoever is in charge of this game really needs to think this over, because they are losing money hand over fist by not makign this move. Sure it will require an investment but the payoff would be huge. Pearl please have them reconsider because if they dont they are making a huge mistake. kapilands is slowly withering and we need new blood, it would be a diservice to all the loyal players if the game just faded away from what it used to be. Facebook is a WIN WIN for the owners and the players.

Post by Guest » 22.09.2011, 15:10

By now, I'd probably agree.

Facebook has changed a lot over the last year, and has pushed itself onto almost any industry.
you can't even watch a single TV show without "facebook and twitter" being mentioned. :P

It was a lot different and 'smaller' one year ago, I still don't think it would have worked back then, but these days might be a whole different story.

maaaybe...

Post by Guest » 03.10.2011, 08:29

Thing is, MARKETING!
for starters, 90% of the gaming market isn't touching games like kapilands main reason being is people wanting games like Molehill Empires because:

OH LOOK MOVING THINGS! <wtf?

There are the more mature players which make up the other 10% of Gamers, those of us who:

#1. Can't stand(runescape reference) Children Yelling in TEXT! <lol
#2. Enjoy challenging games that take time to master/rank up.
#3. have the time to invest, and the patients to Wait, and Wait to add 80m2 XD

Nothing against this game at all, i enjoy business simulations as i do all walks of the gamer life(yes, I've walked it)

I have a website i made for Gamers, not just 1 specific game, Ninjaraku-Guilds, basically a guild for all gamers, no, its not exactly a MMOHut or anything close to be honest XD, but its there.

Back to what i was saying about "MARKETING" <whoops yelling again XD
Were more of the 5'o Clock crowd, i know Upjers isn't blind to the fact most of the inactive low level accounts are people who passed tutorial and saw that it takes hours just to build 1 building, not even a loading bar, but a count down timer, Didn't discourage me any, but most gamers, want a quick moving game with not time restrictions/limits. I'm guessing ya'll get what I'm saying so for now, i'll wait for a reply XD

Basically would not be much of a point to put us in the sidebar on Facebook, unless you plan on doing what the other do and mis-market the looks of the game in the ad... its just going to lead to hundreds of players who go inactive after a few days if they make it that far, just not the way to market this game =p

Post by Guest » 03.10.2011, 08:34

Sorry for this back-to-back post, but just hit me...

On youtube they have "suggested Videos" that fall under a catagory for what your watching, If we could advertise with games in that same manner it would work, some sites ask what type of games your interested in, and it gives you a list of games in that catagory.

No, not the same way as if you googled business simulation games.

when your playing a game, sidebar shows "A Like" games (Not a facebook reference! < see, i can yell without caps XD

Pearl don't hit me plz =.(