INCINTIVES FOR UNPROFETABLE SECTORES

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 13.11.2010, 23:14

Hey Dope!
I think from what I got for that post is you want to create a excel program that will record the optimal price range for your goods, not an easy task at the best of times.

If you have any questions on how to use excel ill jump in and help, during my time on the forum ive been experimenting with excel for exactly this purpose but with little motivation and ive run up against most of the walls that will block your path.

The good thing about excel is that it can deal with almost any situation you throw at it you just have to use the right tool. Using that tool however is a pain is the backside to learn though =)

You need to learn basic formula use and macro useage, again I can help as well as a good concept of maths.

If you are just looking for a basic optimal profit chart at given stats then cruse over to my old post and profit chart. If you can use that (I hope the instructions are clear) then it will spit out something close to optimal price.

H

Post by Guest » 14.11.2010, 03:08

Horizon Holdings wrote:Hey Dope!
I think from what I got for that post is you want to create a excel program that will record the optimal price range for your goods, not an easy task at the best of times.
Horizon,

I am afraid you are right on this one - never thought its an easy task, and I do not really expect to find something you just put in the current stats and have exactly the perfect retail price - I would only like to come close to this...
Horizon Holdings wrote:If you have any questions on how to use excel ill jump in and help, during my time on the forum ive been experimenting with excel for exactly this purpose but with little motivation and ive run up against most of the walls that will block your path.
This is supposed to be a challenge - not only a walk...
Horizon Holdings wrote:The good thing about excel is that it can deal with almost any situation you throw at it you just have to use the right tool. Using that tool however is a pain is the backside to learn though =)
Tell me about it - I nearly forgot ALL I learned during the last excel training... :oops:
Horizon Holdings wrote:You need to learn basic formula use and macro useage, again I can help as well as a good concept of maths.
You know you are writing this to someone who usually assumes/guesses retail prices? 8)

I am currently doing another excel training and therefore have someone to ask when I am stuck with formulas... :wink:
Horizon Holdings wrote:If you are just looking for a basic optimal profit chart at given stats then cruse over to my old post and profit chart. If you can use that (I hope the instructions are clear) then it will spit out something close to optimal price.

H
That would be great, but I have to work with open office, so we have to wait and see how ms and open work together...

Dopamin

Post by Guest » 18.11.2010, 07:10

They should play nice
Fingers Crossed
H

Post by Guest » 18.11.2010, 07:55

Horizon,

office 2007 and open work better together than the versions before as I found out accidently. I forgot to convert a letter into a pdf so I tried opening it with word as a document and it worked - there was some moaning when I saved it at the end, but I think thats a minor problem...

IF necessary there is still Ctrl + C/V which will work nicely I think.

So much about the technical problems which might occur.

Maths... Erm... Well... :oops:

Dopamin

Post by Guest » 19.11.2010, 07:14

Dope,
To add to this in relation to your PM,

The problem we have, as im sure many will understand is that when attempting to create a formula for sales prices is very hard. What we need when doing it is very large amounts of hard data on a variety of products in a variety of stats situations.

Alternately data where only one item changes (so only demand or only avg Q) can be used but must cover a range of prices. This is unfortunately the only way to 'regress' and find an answer but it will only be a rough estimation with limited applications.

My 2c
H

Post by Guest » 19.11.2010, 09:26

Loads of data = tons of time and any volunteer will make this task easier.

Just registered on R1 just to fiddle about with shops. There will the usual problems occur: dead small shops, currently no ads and low-Q-production. Advantage: Sales do not influence stats like on R2.

So far I keep records of the stats (I do not know yet if that is of any use in the longterm) in GERMANY and the GERMAN supply & demand records. Same with R1.

Any volunteers and how about opening a new thread?

Dopamin

Post by Guest » 19.11.2010, 10:12

Im up for it, I cant do R1 though
What im looking for is not just random compilation of sales prices but rather a list of

Sales times for a zone around the normal sales price, if possible also record the 'cap' sales time. Then we need the corresponding stats for the day. If there are any industries were the stats dont vary greatly from day-to- day then please do send them in but ANY data is welcome. Excel format is best but any type can be used.

H

Post by Guest » 16.07.2011, 17:14

Hello all

I know i wake up this topic, but i have not found a recent

I am a french player, and i post here because i find all on stats (average price, average quality, supply/demand, quality of product and price of product).
I would like know if some people on this server or other (germany in particular) know something on kapi-stats. I would happy to met this people.

Thank you, and Google translator.

Post by Guest » 31.08.2011, 17:24

in r2 groceries are highly profitable and also is food production and in r1 plantations, food factories and toy factoriesmake more profit than wardrobes easily
take sugar cane
in r1 it sells for 190+ ea and it costs only 14 caps ea to make if u buy all the stuff from npc
cotton sells for 150+ ea and it costs 3 ish caps ea to make ...
why do people focus on oil gas and wardrobes when there are bigger profits to be obtained buy these products??

Post by Guest » 04.09.2011, 10:21

You mistake the time for product one cotton, or sugar.

The quest product are very profitable, but their sell value aren't security.

re

Post by Guest » 15.09.2011, 03:41

its a good thing i just have a power plant plantation mine fruit plantion

Re: re

Post by Guest » 15.09.2011, 05:57

Aman wrote:its a good thing i just have a power plant plantation mine fruit plantion
Looks like you just started - get rid of fruit plantation and plantation and start off with power sale or mine some stones and sell.

Cheers!

Post by Guest » 03.10.2011, 09:03

Theres my problem right there, why the hell are this kapi-people buying tv's and wardrobes instead of food?

Shouldn't have to create a demand, when you hire a person in your shop, 1 person should buy a wardrobe maaaybe once a year, not millions! they should be buying food, this is where game dev team screwed u by making so demand was raised by production, not population.

Example, France R1:
Wardrobes - Demand> 6.296.077
Minced meat - Demand> 13

Yes, both in france, and just to show you their not vegetarians:
Biscuits - Demand> 1.117

And who has time for pets when your a kapilander in France?
Animal food - Demand> 1

Post by Guest » 21.11.2011, 00:56

I see as well I have been with Kapi for 3 years ( About ) and to me I don't seem to make much profit, I don't own any retail stores ( I don't see a point not enough income ). To be said about contracts they've disappeared. When I first started I had about 5 different contracts which brought in money buy supplying people goods etc. etc. but I don't have any now. And if new player join they will soon get bored due to the poor income and not being able to make enough to buy bigger factories.

I feel that there should be an stock market to all people to buy shares and stock of other companies. Also the ability to start to generate a decent revenue from other products not just wardrobes and gas .