Unlimited building slots!

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Unlimited building slots!

Post by Guest » 25.05.2008, 20:24

Hi!

I'd like to know if there's any chance that player with premium account will have unlimited building slots!

I think that this helps big player (game become more fun...when you don't know what to do you can build some new building) and small player...they don't have to buy a lot of raw matterial with high price to made theyr company grow faster!

More on, i think that this shoudn't be a problem for the development team and this action will not actualy slow down the server much...now computer can make more and more operation per sec than never before.

On the other hand, i think that this will encourage people play kapilands because they know that once they bought one premium account they will have more and more fun...you can choose to play in "single player" or "online" with other. This game seems great ( for one player that played about 60 online games in 3 years)...and not only me...a lot of friends that played kapilands told me that limited building slots convinced them do not play anymore!!!

Or this limit can be 200? or 500? or 1000?

It's just a suggestion :)
Last edited by Guest on 27.05.2008, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 25.05.2008, 20:33

I dont thing that there will ever be an "Unlimited" building slotts, becuse it is less cost efective to build 2 new 20m2 buildings than to expand a building to 40m2. That being the case the companys make Lets say 500million caps a day will be building 1000's of buildings a day and this would take up soooooo much memoery of space on a the servrs that it just wouldent be practical

Post by Guest » 25.05.2008, 20:36

Olk, but how about push up this limit further? to 500? or at least 200...this can convince a lot of player to buy premium account...producer earn moeny...we have more things to do :)

All the best,

Ionut

Post by Guest » 25.05.2008, 20:38

sounds like a good idea but the cost to payoff ratio for the compoany that owns kapilands may be too high. Eg because all the companys are now buying premium acc's but they now need to buy new servers to hadel all the new buildings and its consting them more for the servers then their getting in form the companys

Post by Guest » 25.05.2008, 20:41

how about...there shoud be 2 type of premium account...VIP with 2 Eu per mounth and VIP2 with 4 EU per mounth...we all know that kapilands have cheapest premium account...this could solve money problem :) and VIP2 should have 200 bulding slots :D

Post by Guest » 25.05.2008, 20:42

And the people who are building some many more buildings may just buy thier coins from other players meaning less money from coins for Upjers (the company that owns Kapilands). Also, they would probably have to buy a few new servers like Myth said. That means way less profit for Upjers. Which means this probably isn't going to happen.

Post by Guest » 25.05.2008, 20:43

myth123456789 wrote:sounds like a good idea but the cost to payoff ratio for the compoany that owns kapilands may be too high. Eg because all the companys are now buying premium acc's but they now need to buy new servers to hadel all the new buildings and its consting them more for the servers then their getting in form the companys
back to this though it still might not be enuf but if it was then it would be a geat idea and i defenaly would pay the 40coins to have it

Lol energy corp and me were typing this at the exact same time :shock:

Post by Guest » 25.05.2008, 20:47

to bad for me to hear that...until then i will buy my premium account durin this week and be happy with only 100 building

Thanks for this replys and i still hope taht one day we will have more building slots

Regards,
Ionut (OILRO)

Post by Guest » 25.05.2008, 20:49

i do as well, and this was a quick oppening to end discushion, only took like one hour :shock:

Post by Guest » 25.05.2008, 20:54

but this let me realize how difficult it is and some of my arguments fall off.... of course when i throught about this ideea i have not actualy think at all possible aspects of one decission like this :)

I'm glad that this topic have more than 5 topics...this means that it will be read by one admin or mods and think more about this ideea :)

Edit: this is not one end...maybe for me...if i stay one more hour this night maybe i will fall aslep on my keyboard so thank you for this reply and if you have more aspects to discuss you are my guest...i will be glad to read or answer any question or proposal tomorrow :)

Post by Guest » 26.05.2008, 14:45

Canadian Energy Corp. wrote:And the people who are building some many more buildings may just buy thier coins from other players meaning less money from coins for Upjers (the company that owns Kapilands).
Let me tell how i see this situation :
*there will certainly be more big player that will buy coins from small player BUT small player when they will sell coins to that big company earn cash and this means they can have a big business more quickly. So there will be more and more and more (you get the ideea?) big company that will buy coins from this small player and this small player will become big very soon and the circle repeat! And once you are big you have three choices :
1. buy coins from small company (that eventualy will become bigger)
2. buy coins with your own credit card and this also means money for Upjers
3. you don't buy coins at all and your profit will be less and you will grow slowly.

What you will do? :idea: you don't find any player that sell coins you will buy it with real money or your company will have less profit?...i don't think that this can be a worry reason for Upjers...also i admit that all i say here can be wrong and programer must think really carefull about economical aspect before upgrading the game with this facility. Maybe this is wrong because I love to see this feature in the game and this can "blind" me and i don't see (imagine) what this can cause! Still games that can offer you more possiblities like kapilands are attractive.

Post by Guest » 26.05.2008, 16:11

one idea that might work .... considering the yime it would take .... extra buildings could be a feature that is unlocked when certain criteria are reached.

eg,

with premium account,
for every two buildings you own that you have expanded to maximum you can build another building.

Post by Guest » 26.05.2008, 21:34

i didn't read thorougly, but it seems to me you have all forgotten, that even if a big company buys coins from a smaller company upjers gets cash, because the small company will have payed with real money

upjers gets their amount of real money whatever way the coins enter the system

Re: Unlimited building slots!

Post by Guest » 06.11.2013, 18:18

You could implement this by allowing players to merge max size buildings. For example you can only have 100 regular buildings but if you have two maxed buildings you can merge them into one building with 2*production.
You can then restrict premium accounts to a max of 100 regular buildings and allow premium accounts to merge up to N times (when the premium period is over merged buildings will go back to normal production). or you can put a one time coin cost on merging and allow N merges.

Computationally this type of operation requires almost no additional resources and doesn't even scale linearly.