Stone Producers Union- SPU

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 17:44

So you mean we should just spam people with threads and no explanations? Becasue that IS spam. That is why we send messages regarding the union rather than:

Mail:
"http://www.forum.kapilands.com/posting. ... ly&t=22913 Join now"

If we sent out those it would be spamming.

Also we were merely trying to help stone producers as a whole- you included, that is why you were contacted and you WERE damaging the market. If someone else came along and put 100million stones on at 24 caps each just after you and you had to expect a wait of 48hours before your stones get sold because of that you would be annoyed.

If then someone else came and undercut him by another 1.5 he'd be annoyed etc etc.

All this union is trying to do is stop people just being lazy and whacking stones on for whatever price they like which could screw the market over.

When you did was undercut all of us the next highest sellers by 5.6% And that's a large margin. Which if it wasn't for us wanting to make the price higher could of stuck, then next time you want to follow the same tactic you'd sell at another lower price. All you were doing was damaging yourself- and other stone producers.

It's like someone selling guns, you go to a big gun festival and sell cheap guns... then the next day everyoen else has equalled your price so you drop it again, then again, then again etc etc. Eventually someones gonna come over to your stall and say knock the prices up you're hurting us all and yourself- or is gonna walk over and shoot you.

At the moment the approach we're taking to everyone is walking over and helping them to help themselves. No more no less.

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 18:02

Just to clarify in game spamming. I once sent a message about NFU to over 300 people (it took an hour) and never got any complaints back. They were totally random picked from the marketplace and rankings. Though I think this is a good syndicate and keeping stone prices steady is very good when planning expansions but always remember us buyers. If the price is above 26.25, I buy from the NPC. If yous keep the price too high there will be a new syndicate soon trying to reduce the price.

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 18:07

kingrewt wrote:Just to clarify in game spamming. I once sent a message about NFU to over 300 people (it took an hour) and never got any complaints back. They were totally random picked from the marketplace and rankings. Though I think this is a good syndicate and keeping stone prices steady is very good when planning expansions but always remember us buyers. If the price is above 26.25, I buy from the NPC. If yous keep the price too high there will be a new syndicate soon trying to reduce the price.
Wow, and my 5 messages total today are considered spam already :P
Yeah, we have the forum, but not every player is on the forum as well.
Mr Spudplank is the perfect example, as he was not active on the forum at all until I disabled his ability to IGM me.

I target stone producers that I see on the market, A few messages a day,
and only one message to each person because I keep track of whoever I message so I won't bother the same person twice.

I've already gotten a reply saying "I'll gladly keep selling for a low price and fight the syndicate" which is fine with me.
There's no need to go crazy over an invitation to something that might be possible to help someone.

Spudplank: Continue your business as usual, We will do the same thing.
You won't get another comment about the SPU anymore, because we already messaged you once.
We don't message the same person twice.
Last edited by Guest on 06.02.2010, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 18:08

kingrewt wrote:Just to clarify in game spamming. I once sent a message about NFU to over 300 people (it took an hour) and never got any complaints back. They were totally random picked from the marketplace and rankings. Though I think this is a good syndicate and keeping stone prices steady is very good when planning expansions but always remember us buyers. If the price is above 26.25, I buy from the NPC. If yous keep the price too high there will be a new syndicate soon trying to reduce the price.
If you read the first post we aren't trying to raise the price- we're tryign to stabilize it.

If we can stablilize it then it is officially moveable and therefore controlled by us. That means that if suddenly lots of big stone producers leave and the price suddnely sky rockets and people such as yourself start being turned away we can then mail our members who can drop the price. There are other reasons we could sway either way.

Also if other people start up other raw materials unions we can barter with each other. Power wants more people expanding and being able to produce more goods requiring more power, well they can lower their prices after asking the SPU and we will lower our stone prices, then more people will expand furhter and be able to make more goods. The stone producers get cheaper power but increased rate of earnings for a slightly lower price, accumulating to profit for everyone overall.

If we can get a small group of intelligent people ( :lol: ) controlling such unions then we can effectivley control the economy to what it should be like to suit all players, not just ones that produce a certain product.

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 18:32

Current price is 26,40. :D

It's been hanging around there for 6 hours now, this is good. 8)

I'll start buying up some stones as soon as I get some cash, I've already spent 1.2 bil on coins today and 4 bil on expanding. :wink: Hopefully, it will pay off. :)

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 21:05

i see the message sent to me. i join the SPU. i produce 4.5 M of stones per day.

Post by Guest » 07.02.2010, 12:16

Elminster wrote:i see the message sent to me. i join the SPU. i produce 4.5 M of stones per day.
Welcome :)

What is your IG name?

Post by Guest » 07.02.2010, 12:46

felixbluindustries wrote:
Elminster wrote:i see the message sent to me. i join the SPU. i produce 4.5 M of stones per day.
Welcome :)

What is your IG name?
It is Shadowdale Inc I think. :wink:

Post by Guest » 07.02.2010, 12:48

Price has gone down to 26.20 but it is still good. :)

Post by Guest » 07.02.2010, 12:57

Union members:
Try to sell your stones at a price of 26.49, with a margin of 0.05 above and below that price.

---

and if it's Shadowdale, it's just Shadowdale, There's no 'inc' behind it. :P

---

OFFICIAL SPU FORUM

union members: Since we can only post here once every 24 hours, I've made a forum for the union.
Please join the forum of the SPU: http://spu-r2.proboards.com/index.cgi

Post by Guest » 07.02.2010, 18:07

Remember to join the forum!! :D

Hello

Post by Guest » 08.02.2010, 11:49

Hello, im German Trade Unltd of R1, i also have German Trade Unltd on R2 and i only produce stones, as always i produce my own power/water at the moment, i produce approx 105,000 stones per 24 hrs but i run on cycles of multiple days at a time.

I'd like to join your syndicate for stones, from one "unhappy" post i read on page 2 of this thread i see some companies that prefer quick & easy, but from personal experience in the game i don't see the point in dropping mroe then 0.05 caps on ANY item. (and i like to think it ticks people off when they have been undercut by a nickel lol)

your syndicate has its interests in the right place, giving all companies the option to make a good and fair profit without losing hundreds of thousands of caps on a single offer.

I'd love to join SPU on Realm 2 if you'll have me.

Post by Guest » 08.02.2010, 15:39

We will have you indeed. :)

Join our forums (link is posted a few messages above this one) and check out the SPU there, more information can be seen after you register. :)

Post by Guest » 08.02.2010, 17:09

Come on guys! :)

Join the forum :!:

We've only got 4 of the members on there at the moment! :P

[EDIT by GoldenEye: *up*-postings only once per day. Here are several people running one thread. That is okay - but please respect that then only one *up* per day is allowed for the complete thread, not for each person. Thanks!]

Post by Guest » 09.02.2010, 15:47

[EDIT by GoldenEye: *up*-postings only once per day. Here are several people running one thread. That is okay - but please respect that then only one *up* per day is allowed for the complete thread, not for each person. Thanks!]
Understood.

---

I suggest that only the union leaders post in this thread, that being me or Felixbluindustries.

Anyone else that wants to join or say something in general: Go to SPU-R2.proboards.com and talk there.

members: register to that forum.
non-members: you can ask questions in there without registering, though you'll have limited access to the forum.

Thanks!