Water price problem

Moderator: moderators

Water price problem

Post by Guest » 15.04.2009, 10:03

Hello fellas, well, I have to say hello to you again after a long time, a couple of years back, I used to play this game in realm 1 , where I succesfully produced pork and sold it on stores, never traded with other players, well, after a comeback, now on realm 2, I found this strange problem occuring, started producing candy bars, producing everything from seeds to the candy bars, buying only water and power, so after making some numbers, I found out that my outcome was 3 times higher that my income, so I took a look at numbers and discovered that the problem was water's price, just the water's price was about 2 times higher than the overall income, so I gave up and started producing beer, well, guess what?, same problem, so, taking a look at market, its imposible that seeds are cheaper than water, I mean, seeds need water, plus the $.01 that costs producing it, where's the selling company's profit? I mean, every company producing something with water is loosing money, I really don't know if this is affecting somebody else. but if it is hard for me that already have experiencie in kapilands, i just can't imagine how it is for really begginers, is it just me that im rusty, or what's the problem, and if this is true, than what are we going to do? because some of the very basic products need of water to be produced, so who is going to supply you with all these very basic products if it isn't seeing any profit? I think the kapiland market may collapse, so I hope this post will help improve farmers and food producers' income, and therefore, everyone else's

Re: Water price problem

Post by Guest » 15.04.2009, 10:31

erick240206 wrote:Hello fellas, well, I have to say hello to you again after a long time, a couple of years back, I used to play this game in realm 1 , where I succesfully produced pork and sold it on stores, never traded with other players, well, after a comeback, now on realm 2, I found this strange problem occuring, started producing candy bars, producing everything from seeds to the candy bars, buying only water and power, so after making some numbers, I found out that my outcome was 3 times higher that my income, so I took a look at numbers and discovered that the problem was water's price, just the water's price was about 2 times higher than the overall income, so I gave up and started producing beer, well, guess what?, same problem, so, taking a look at market, its imposible that seeds are cheaper than water, I mean, seeds need water, plus the $.01 that costs producing it, where's the selling company's profit? I mean, every company producing something with water is loosing money, I really don't know if this is affecting somebody else. but if it is hard for me that already have experiencie in kapilands, i just can't imagine how it is for really begginers, is it just me that im rusty, or what's the problem, and if this is true, than what are we going to do? because some of the very basic products need of water to be produced, so who is going to supply you with all these very basic products if it isn't seeing any profit? I think the kapiland market may collapse, so I hope this post will help improve farmers and food producers' income, and therefore, everyone else's
They can make profit by producing their own water. :wink:

And is this a union or something, because otherwise it should go in the General Stuff section. :roll:

:) :)

Post by Guest » 15.04.2009, 10:33

What about those small companies who can't produce their own water? How can they beat a 3 times higher outcome than the income?

Post by Guest » 15.04.2009, 11:41

ha small companies can start as a water company as price is so high... You should look into the market and produce whatever brings money.. So a good start would be a water company...

I played first realm 2 and then some time started and realm 1.. in realm 1 i became a water producer. no i have 90 water 10 power all 4000 or higher and i get a good income.. i am not so active so water and power are perfect to me because i can start and stop production whenever i want.. plus i researched oil and sometime later i went into oil.... and now thinking to be into gas....
water price is high due to oil and because it is a little boring to make only water if you are active..

Post by Guest » 15.04.2009, 13:51

erick240206 wrote:What about those small companies who can't produce their own water? How can they beat a 3 times higher outcome than the income?
Well, tough. :P

They should learn to live with it. :lol: :lol:

Post by Guest » 16.04.2009, 19:27

sergiurocks506 wrote:
erick240206 wrote:What about those small companies who can't produce their own water? How can they beat a 3 times higher outcome than the income?
Well, tough. :P

They should learn to live with it. :lol: :lol:
Hmm, I thought you wanted to promote the production of food, you are in this food syndicate aren't you?
Well guess what is one of the reasons food is not that profitable anymore??
Fruits need water, so does candy, bread and biscuits, and how about eggs , chickens, pigs, lambs, corn, cattle and milk... oh and then there is coffee beans,cacao, potatoes, seeds, sugar cane, beverages like beer and wine.
They all need (expensive) water.
If the waterprice went down it would be a big step in the right direction for a healthier food industry.

Post by Guest » 17.04.2009, 13:07

Yes, I know, but who is going to bring the water price down? :roll:

I mean, you need to be a capitalist to have an influence on the water market. :P

Post by Guest » 17.04.2009, 14:37

Well it is priced now at 0,24, one way I guess would be to put a huge amount of water on the market for 0,23 to begin with, (to avoid others to buy it and put it back for more) and keep this up every day, slowly lowering the price so others will follow.
You would have to have as many big watersuppliers as you can get together, and they would have to make an agreement on the prices they sell for every day.
It would not be a short term project though.
:roll:
The other way is to offer a lot of water by contracts for a fair price.
One could make a fax with all the companynames who have large amounts of water and are willing to sell for lets say 0,15.
Since I am expanding a couple of wells I can make only 68 mil water a day, which is not enough to be of any influence of my own..

Post by Guest » 17.04.2009, 15:30

sally wrote:Well it is priced now at 0,24, one way I guess would be to put a huge amount of water on the market for 0,23 to begin with, (to avoid others to buy it and put it back for more) and keep this up every day, slowly lowering the price so others will follow.
You would have to have as many big watersuppliers as you can get together, and they would have to make an agreement on the prices they sell for every day.
It would not be a short term project though.
:roll:
The other way is to offer a lot of water by contracts for a fair price.
One could make a fax with all the companynames who have large amounts of water and are willing to sell for lets say 0,15.
Since I am expanding a couple of wells I can make only 68 mil water a day, which is not enough to be of any influence of my own..
The water price is not 0.24, it is about 0.21-0.22 and I buy water for 0.19 and I still get lots of suppliers.. :)

Post by Guest » 18.04.2009, 04:21

sergiurocks506 wrote:Yes, I know, but who is going to bring the water price down? :roll:

I mean, you need to be a capitalist to have an influence on the water market. :P
Here's one way that a big company can influence the water market:

right now, water is much more profitable to sell than Q0 oil

any small companies who have a well, I recommend you make water

even as low as 0.16 it would be more profitable to make water than Q0 wood or Q0 oil

there, let's see if that works

Post by Guest » 18.04.2009, 08:45

That would be great if they would all read it but I fear they won't.
Maybe if you posted it somewhere else, or even in a fax, but that would be an expensive message. 8)

Post by Guest » 22.04.2009, 11:04

actually if you sell water for 0.21 it is more profitable to make water than oil up to q16.... so water is so expensive and oil is soo cheap...

Post by Guest » 26.05.2009, 21:34

If I should run my cattle production at full pace I would need around 268M water per day, so I would be very happy to get it cheaper :) But I get a great deal right now so I'm happy.

Post by Guest » 09.06.2009, 18:47

First, this is a capitalist game...make money selling water. If you bought the facilities to manufacture and didn't research, then build a well first....

Second, I make money on food because of the economy of scale, though only on a primary level. I am new to this still.

Third, it wouldn't hurt to have the speculators lose their positions after a certain amount of time. I mean, there have been positions on the market for quite a while that are way out of line, and gum up the works in a number of ways. The game should have a NPC "futures" moderator that wipes out positions older than, say 6 months. You try to corner the market and it doesn't move...you lose your money. Just like the real world.

Post by Guest » 09.06.2009, 19:22

sergiurocks506 wrote:Yes, I know, but who is going to bring the water price down? :roll:

I am going to give it a try, since I want to quit and do have a lot of money to spend (in REALM1 that is) I've already bought most of the water under npc, and i'm going to sell it for let's say 20, in a stupid number like 352526 ; 74626, 44746 and 885200 for instance ;)