The Food Trade Union - FTU R1+R2

Moderator: moderators

The Food Trade Union - FTU R1+R2

Post by Guest » 08.04.2009, 14:43

The Food Trade Union is a simple union to encourage players big and small to feed the world!

Look at your statistics sitting in your comfy office with fancy biscuits, your employees are starving! Their families are going hungry! You must help fix this by making and selling food!

The aim of this union is to get people making food. This is a MASSIVE market, but no-one goes into it... Why you may ask? Well because it sucks... I mean it's great :roll:

Seriously though, the food market is like any other market and demands to be filled- I'm not asking everyone to move all their wardrobe and gas business's over and make milk instead- more along the lines of sacrifice 3 or 4 building spaces to make food :)

I have and it's fun. Sure you lose a bit of profit, but look at the size of you! You're making hundreds of millions a day some of you! It may start getting boring with all that money and nothing to spend it on- so spend it on making food!

I make and sell ice cream, apple juice and pork on realm 2 and I have made the market price shoot up- sure I'm only making what... 10 million profit daily? I don't mind as it's not that much and I remember:

Variety is the spice of life

So post now to say what you'll be making and where you're selling and come together with others to talk about and encourage the FTU!

We now have a forum for our union!!!

Please join it if you are a member and you haven't already.

www.realm2ftu.freeforums.org

:D

Current Members of the FTU (35 members):

Markets we are currently targeting:

Everything :)
Last edited by Guest on 04.04.2011, 15:43, edited 35 times in total.

Post by Guest » 10.04.2009, 09:44

bumpy :)

Post by Guest » 10.04.2009, 15:07

felixbluindustries wrote:bumpy :)
Thanks for that. :)

Post by Guest » 10.04.2009, 18:55

I think there's a few things wrong with the food industry.

1. low item value means you have to deal in large quantities to make comparable daily profits

2. grocery stores can't hold enough to sell in bulk, without having to put in a new load several times a day... selling slowly isn't very profitable for such low-priced items... compare with gas stations, which are profitable with a low-priced item, to get an idea of how much a grocery store should hold

3. production rates of all food buildings are slow for such low-priced items, from orchards to butcher shops

4. some key products have too high requirements... corn needs about 10x more water than it should, making cattle and flour and beer mostly unprofitable... sugar needs too much sugarcane, giving candy and most beverages problems... coffee powder needs too much power, maybe it should need more coffee beans instead

if these were fixed, I think the food industry would be able to compete with other major industries like gas, wardrobes, jackets, TVs, etc

Post by Guest » 10.04.2009, 19:05

the store price for food can be changed fast, because there are not much people that sell food.

Post by Guest » 10.04.2009, 21:19

metacorp said
4. some key products have too high requirements... corn needs about 10x more water than it should, making cattle and flour and beer mostly unprofitable... sugar needs too much sugarcane, giving candy and most beverages problems... coffee powder needs too much power, maybe it should need more coffee beans instead

if these were fixed, I think the food industry would be able to compete with other major industries like gas, wardrobes, jackets, TVs, etc
Yep, I agree 100%.

Post by Guest » 11.04.2009, 12:09

The thing is, we are not looking for immense profit in this union. :wink:

We want to encourage people to be a bit more unique. All the top industries are very boring. :P

That is why we try to have a bit of variety. :)

After all, most of the companies involved in the big industries don't do much. :wink:

All they do is:

Buy supplies, produce stuff, then sell it.

Again and again and again. :roll:

Maybe some expansions on the way, but overall it is very boring. :roll:

People like Myth and Felix have already got bored of the power industry and moved into something else. :D

Post by Guest » 11.04.2009, 19:51

some parts of the food industry have ok profits, not great but at least above zero

fruits, meat, chickens and milk are ok, some can get up to maybe 20% of the profits from selling wardrobes... so if you want to play with your food, I suggest you go for those

food processor products are really bad because of corn, sugarcane, and so on... eggs aren't so good either but I'm not sure why

beverages are even worse than grocery, maybe because they mostly rely on sugar or corn, but I hear that fruit juices can eventually have the highest quality of any product in the game
you forgot:
analyze the market, find supplies (not always easy), decide which supplies to use, figure out what price to sell in each country

the car industry in particular is far from boring, which is maybe why so few people do it even if it's about as profitable as gas

Post by Guest » 12.04.2009, 14:41

Here are all the food industries:

Animal food
Apple juice
Apples
Banana ice cream
Bananas
Beef
Beer
Biscuits
Bottled cocoa
Breads
Candy bars
Candy
Cattle
Chickens
Chocolate ice cream
Cocoa powder
Cocoa
Coffee beans
Coffee ice cream
Coffee powder
Corn
Eggs
Flour
Grapes
Kapi Cola
Lamb
Lambs
Lemon ice cream
Lemons
Milk
Mincemeat
Orange ice cream
Orange juice
Oranges
Pears
Pigs
Pork
Potatoes
Sausages
Seeds
Strawberries
Strawberry ice cream
Sugar cane
Sugar
Water
Wine

Well water doesn't really count, oh well. :roll: :roll:

So there are a lot of industries accepted in this uinion. :wink:

Post by Guest » 12.04.2009, 21:21

by building:
Well/Plantation: Water, Corn, Seeds, Sugar cane, Cocoa, Coffee beans, Potatoes
Animals: Cattle, Lambs, Pigs, Chickens, Milk, Eggs
Fruits: Apples, Bananas, Grapes, Lemons, Oranges, Pears, Strawberries

Meat: Beef, Pork, Lamb, Mincemeat, Sausages, Animal food
Bakery: Flour, Sugar, Biscuits, Breads, Candy bars, Candy, Cocoa powder, Coffee powder

ice cream: Banana, Chocolate, Coffee, Lemon, Orange, Strawberry
Beverages: Apple juice, Beer, Bottled cocoa, Kapi Cola, Orange juice, Wine

specialties (with some integration):
- seeds (lotsa research, like ads)
- fruits: fruits (use good seeds)
- feed: water, corn (use NPC seeds)
- meat: butcher, some cattle/pigs/lambs (heavy on butcher shops)
- dairy/poultry: corn, chickens/milk/eggs (good corn may be worthwhile)
- food processor: mostly for quests
- beverages: beverages + store, maybe food processor too
- ice cream: ice cream + store
- pure grocery: buy and retail, no research required

using these formulas (which some might find useful):
price = (daily / prod) + costs
daily = prod * (price - costs)

I calculated the prices some products would need, to be as profitable as wood:
- seeds = 1.95
- corn = 5.67 (using NPC seeds = 0.27)
- apples = 37.15
- cattle = 283.71 (using corn = 5.67)
- milk = 18.76 (using corn = 5.67)
- beef = 99.83 (using cattle = 283.71)
- mincemeat = 106.55 (using beef = 99.83)
- flour = 101.06 (using corn = 5.67)
- biscuits = 98.15 (using flour = 101.06)

Scary.

LOL

Post by Guest » 15.04.2009, 10:21

I would really pay, to see a world where a company producing beer wouldn't be profitable, here's where you really see, that a simulated economy can't work, not while the participants don't need products that in real life would die without, lol

Post by Guest » 10.02.2010, 17:14

Let's start this union again :)

Post by Guest » 10.02.2010, 17:29

Hmm yeha it died on realm 1 and i'm selling of the last of my apples :( But yeah I encourage it here!!!

Post by Guest » 10.02.2010, 17:34

Sure, why not. :wink:

Post by Guest » 10.02.2010, 20:44

What do you want me to make? I can make you Q22-Q24 sugar and anything else from a Food Factory and also can make potatoes, corn etc from my plantations...

I don't make fruit or drinks though..