POWER PRICE INCREASE CORPORATION!

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 04.02.2009, 08:40

MrRight wrote:i found water make more profit than oil now. agree?
ps: realm 1
Please keep to the subject

I am beginning to be a little concerned aswell, yesterday the price was at ,11 when i was selling my power, thats quite low

Post by Guest » 04.02.2009, 09:39

MrRight wrote:i found water make more profit than oil now. agree?
Yeah, but stones, water, power, wood and oil are all pretty close in profitability, with big margins for each. And oil/gas can be researched to be superior to Q0 products.

Post by Guest » 04.02.2009, 13:38

Ill stick to producing power, even if its not the most profitable.

Post by Guest » 12.06.2009, 15:11

Alot of products use power so naturally the cheaper it gets the better it is for other people producing stuff that requires it. If the price gets too high they will simply try to save money and produce it themselves.

At 0.11 it is 266% profit for me. (That includes taking out the costs)

I personally think between 0.10 and 0.15 is a resonable price for power. I have no desire for it to go above or below that. Rasing it to something stupid like 0.27 could reduce the amount of people buying power from us.

Post by Guest » 12.06.2009, 15:43

Walker Landing wrote:Rasing it to something stupid like 0.27 could reduce the amount of people buying power from us.
That is where the price of power is at on Realm 1. It doesn't stop people from buying power. :wink:

Post by Guest » 12.06.2009, 17:18

I think more people would switch to producing there own power to fill there needs rather than pay a really high price.

I doubt power or water would ever go really really high. Most new players are told "go into power or water if you want to make money"

So that keeps the price down. Not that I am complaining. Like I said I think power and water are just about right.

Post by Guest » 12.06.2009, 18:00

Walker Landing wrote:I think more people would switch to producing there own power to fill there needs rather than pay a really high price.

I doubt power or water would ever go really really high.
Most people buy power off the market no matter what the price is. Why? For two reasons: 1. The NPC has an unlimited supply of power for 0.27. 2. You can make more money producing other products, even with power at 0.27, than producing power yourself. Many buildings give you more money daily with maxed material prices than a power plant does.

You doubt power and water will ever hit the NPC price? Take a look at Kapiland. (The original game version in Germany.) Prices are right there on almost all their servers at 0.27. The same goes for Realm 1. Power and Water are between 0.25 and 0.27 on the market.

Why is this? Inflation. As more money comes into the game from Retail shops the higher everyone pays for things.

(Welt 5, the newest German server, had power and water at the max prices within 2 days of the start. It stayed there for the 2 months I played so my guess is it is still maxed out.)

Post by Guest » 13.06.2009, 16:47

Azer Productions wrote:
Walker Landing wrote:I think more people would switch to producing there own power to fill there needs rather than pay a really high price.

I doubt power or water would ever go really really high.
Most people buy power off the market no matter what the price is. Why? For two reasons: 1. The NPC has an unlimited supply of power for 0.27. 2. You can make more money producing other products, even with power at 0.27, than producing power yourself. Many buildings give you more money daily with maxed material prices than a power plant does.

You doubt power and water will ever hit the NPC price? Take a look at Kapiland. (The original game version in Germany.) Prices are right there on almost all their servers at 0.27. The same goes for Realm 1. Power and Water are between 0.25 and 0.27 on the market.

Why is this? Inflation. As more money comes into the game from Retail shops the higher everyone pays for things.

(Welt 5, the newest German server, had power and water at the max prices within 2 days of the start. It stayed there for the 2 months I played so my guess is it is still maxed out.)
I agree. :)

Also at the start of a Realm, power and water prices could start maxed or become really low. :wink:

It depends at what prices people start putting power and water on the market for in the first 5 hours or so. :D