[2011-01-31|23:59] 1 x 4000m2 Joinery Deutschland

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 19:23

additionally to all, Although the market price of this size building is under 750 mil, how do you expect somebody will give that price?

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 19:27

GOJimmy wrote:
Tusah wrote: I've been working with auctions for 5 years in my professional life, how much experience do you have?
So .... if you're so experienced I think you know that are diferent tipes of auctions and any auctions have some rules!!!

My comment regarding the reserve wasn't that "all auctions use public reserves" but "all auctions use a reserve" (aka a floor price) below which the buyer will may not sell. Some sellers set this price at 0 dollars (meaning effectively they will accept any price) but there is always a reserve. The choice then is for the seller: Keep this information secret to manipulate buyers or make it public to give buyers all the information you can. I'm doing the latter; the rules of auctions don't make a prescription regarding this (in general) but I prefer to do business openly whenever possible unless the game mods specifically forbid it.

iDan

Re: [2011-01-31|23:59] 1 x 4000m2 Joinery Deutschland

Post by iDan » 24.01.2011, 19:30

Tusah wrote:Nice and simple.
I think you got that bit wrong...

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 19:35

Tusah wrote: My comment regarding the reserve wasn't that "all auctions use public reserves" but "all auctions use a reserve" (aka a floor price) below which the buyer will may not sell. Some sellers set this price at 0 dollars (meaning effectively they will accept any price) but there is always a reserve. The choice then is for the seller: Keep this information secret to manipulate buyers or make it public to give buyers all the information you can. I'm doing the latter; the rules of auctions don't make a prescription regarding this (in general) but I prefer to do business openly whenever possible unless the game mods specifically forbid it.
The point you missed is, "Accordind to rules 11."

If there is a bid on the auction you can't cancel and close the auction. You have to sell from the closing price even it will be under your estimations. So it is very simple the starting bid must be as low as you can sell, not a simple number you pull out from your a..

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 19:44

sebzeci wrote:
Tusah wrote: My comment regarding the reserve wasn't that "all auctions use public reserves" but "all auctions use a reserve" (aka a floor price) below which the buyer will may not sell. Some sellers set this price at 0 dollars (meaning effectively they will accept any price) but there is always a reserve. The choice then is for the seller: Keep this information secret to manipulate buyers or make it public to give buyers all the information you can. I'm doing the latter; the rules of auctions don't make a prescription regarding this (in general) but I prefer to do business openly whenever possible unless the game mods specifically forbid it.
The point you missed is, "Accordind to rules 11."

If there is a bid on the auction you can't cancel and close the auction. You have to sell from the closing price even it will be under your estimations. So it is very simple the starting bid must be as low as you can sell, not a simple number you pull out from your a..
Rule 11 says nothing of the kind. You're extrapolating based on wishful thinking. I clearly spelled out what was being offered in the auction and the prices, and the rules do nothing to prohibit any of it. This is like saying that if someone bids below the starting bid they get the item when the auction closes. That's not fair, nor is it proscribed in the rules.

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 19:59

Tusah wrote:Again, you and NYK want to deceive buyers about your intent. I am being open about it.
I want to decieve buyers?
Where would i decieve buyers?
I merely point out the rules don't consider a reserve price!

Guess your accusation is the only way for you to hide your dishonourable character.

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 20:05

Ronintje wrote:
Tusah wrote:Again, you and NYK want to deceive buyers about your intent. I am being open about it.

Guess your accusation is the only way for you to hide your dishonourable character.
hahaha. You're dishonest and your response is "No, you are!" Well argued, my friend.

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 20:16

Tusah wrote:
Ronintje wrote:

hahaha. You're dishonest and your response is "No, you are!" Well argued, my friend.
Where am i dishonest?
What am i writing that is dishonest?

You do know those accusations are slander and that isn't allowed even when it is online?
You are so eager to tell us what life is like in real life, then why don't you know about slander?

No worries kiddo, your thread will be closed soon and you'll recieve a warning from GE.
First for a wrong auction and second for ignoring forum rules.
Don't think slander like you are posting towards me is considered to be allowed in the forum rules.

Post by Guest » 25.01.2011, 08:51

First of all: Insulting other users or denunciating them is definetly inappropriate. Nobody in here is allowed to attack anybody else personally. Stop that and respect each other!

And about this auction:
There is no need of a "reserve price" - the (optional!) starting bid is enough and works nearly the same... it just avoids any confusions.
The starting bid shows the lowest price you want to sell for and is at the same time the lowest valid bid. The auctioneer has to sell his product to the one with the highest valid bidding. So if the starting bid has been reached (with a valid bidding that is clear, in time and also contains the the buyer's company name) the auctioneer has to sell (as long as the price of the product is not an unallowed advantageous price).
If the starting bid is not reached in an auction the auctioneer is allowed to decide whether 1) he wants to sell it to somebody who placed a bid below the starting bid or 2) he wants to keep his product. In case 2) he can start a new auction.
This is the clear and simple rule.

A reserve-price leads to a confusing and difficult situation.
It expresses the lowest price the auctioneer is willing to sell for (this is what the starting bid does, too) but leads people to the impression that they can bid below and also have got a chance to get the building.
Maybe it's just a discussion about the terminology but as far as I can see the usual starting bid is enough. It has the same functions but is easier to understand and well known in here.

Due to the massive discussion and the (somehow) unclear auction-strategy in this thread I closed this auction.

@ Tusah: Please start a new auction that fits to the rules. And please stick to English and don't mix it up with German. Thanks.