[2011-01-31|23:59] 1 x 4000m2 Joinery Deutschland

Moderator: moderators

[2011-01-31|23:59] 1 x 4000m2 Joinery Deutschland

Post by Guest » 22.01.2011, 23:55

One 4,000m2 Joinery in the Red territory of Deutschland, complete with 400 employees.

Starting Bid: 250mln
Reserve Price: 750mln
Buy it Now: 1Bln

Nice and simple.

Post by Guest » 22.01.2011, 23:59

250mil :D

Post by Guest » 23.01.2011, 03:24

Post by Guest » 23.01.2011, 11:01

What is reserve price??

Post by Guest » 23.01.2011, 19:42

Ronintje wrote:What is reserve price??
It's in the original thread. 750mln caps.

Post by Guest » 23.01.2011, 20:13

I think what ronnie means is what is the reserve price for? reserve would imply if the auction ends under 750m but over 250m you won't sell to the winner, if that is the case your wasting peoples times bidding for nothing and your start price should of been 750m.

Post by Guest » 23.01.2011, 22:09

Or, you should've started it at 250mil, and said 'I reserve the right to not sell' (if you are allowed) :o

That way, if it is close enough to 750mil, you can decide to sell it. :D

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 05:18

NYK wrote:I think what ronnie means is what is the reserve price for? reserve would imply if the auction ends under 750m but over 250m you won't sell to the winner, if that is the case your wasting peoples times bidding for nothing and your start price should of been 750m.
What a self-serving analysis. A waste of time would be if I didn't set a reserve price, but planned to sell it for no less than 750Mln.

The purpose of a reserve price is to set a floor above which the item is guaranteed to be sold. I reserve the right to sell it below the reserve price or not.

My solution gives all the information to the buyer, and allows them to make the best decision possible. Yours is based on deceit and trying to screw people. No, I will not conduct my business like that, thanks very much.

I've been working with auctions for 5 years in my professional life, how much experience do you have?

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 06:15

rules :

11. Closing an auction
Only moderators can close auctions. They will close them a) after the end date, b) if massive spam is in the thread or c) when the seller decides to close it - but this can only be done as long as nobody has given a bid before! Acting against this (e. g. selling your product before your auction is finished) will lead to exclusion from the auction section.

Acting against these rules will lead to an official warning or even to an exclusion from the auctions/board.

I don't think you have permission not to sell after bidding ends.

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 09:38

Tusah wrote:
My solution gives all the information to the buyer, and allows them to make the best decision possible. Yours is based on deceit and trying to screw people. No, I will not conduct my business like that, thanks very much.
Yeah right! This is coming from someone that set up a scheme to sell products at half price and then lied and said it was approved by the game moderators with the potential to get new players banned.. :roll:

Just to clarify, no-one uses a reserve (take a look at all the other auctions) you have a start bid and need to send the building to whoever wins now the start bid has been reached, you can't decide at the end wether or not you want to sell.

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 13:51

Tusah wrote:I've been working with auctions for 5 years in my professional life, how much experience do you have?
Euhm, how about 20 years?

However, sadly this isn't real life but a game and the game rules AFAIK don't have a reserve price like you put it.

There is a thing that can be considered reserve price, that is the starting bid.

Who is gonna bother posting offers here when they won't get it anyway and with buildings on the market that can be bought without this "auction".

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 18:51

NYK wrote: Yeah right! This is coming from someone that set up a scheme to sell products at half price and then lied and said it was approved by the game moderators with the potential to get new players banned.. :roll:
F*** You. First of all, no one who participated in the NP program benefited but new players, and second - no one, not me nor any other suppliers EVER said anything about it being approved by the mods. If you're going to lie, at least do it intelligently.
NYK wrote: Just to clarify, no-one uses a reserve (take a look at all the other auctions) you have a start bid and need to send the building to whoever wins now the start bid has been reached, you can't decide at the end wether or not you want to sell.
Wow, thanks for you experienced input. I'm telling you how auctions work, I don't care that other people also don't know how they work.

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 18:53

Ronintje wrote:
Tusah wrote:I've been working with auctions for 5 years in my professional life, how much experience do you have?
Euhm, how about 20 years?

However, sadly this isn't real life but a game and the game rules AFAIK don't have a reserve price like you put it.

There is a thing that can be considered reserve price, that is the starting bid.

Who is gonna bother posting offers here when they won't get it anyway and with buildings on the market that can be bought without this "auction".
Again, you and NYK want to deceive buyers about your intent. I am being open about it. The rules make no prohibition of a reserve price, saying that the rules don't specifically require one is specious. I am interested in giving all the information I can to my clients. You want to keep this information from them in the hopes that it will net you a higher price. That's dishonest, plain and simple.

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 19:10

300mil

Post by Guest » 24.01.2011, 19:11

Tusah wrote: I've been working with auctions for 5 years in my professional life, how much experience do you have?
So .... if you're so experienced I think you know that are diferent tipes of auctions and any auctions have some rules!!! I read the auction rules of kapilands several times and I didn't see if can be a Reserve auction or not .... but as I said any auction have some rules ... and the rules are:
1. deleted due to practicability...
2. Deadline
3. Ware
4. Quality
5. Number of units
6. Delivery and payment
7. Starting bid (optional)
8. Minimum bid step (optional)