Is Realm one still alive?

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

Is Realm one still alive?

Post by Guest » 06.01.2013, 13:42

I have noticed that some of my suppliers and customers have become inactive lately. Whilst this game isn't like some of the Facebook games I play, it is still something I like to do a few times a week and try to climb to the top of the heap.

Is there a drop off of interest in Kapilands??

Hope to hear from some of you soon,

Marc

Re: Is Realm one still alive?

Post by Guest » 19.01.2013, 07:51

I registered in the game a few days ago. And I got impression it was mistake, I should look for another game.

This one 99% dead.

One of ways to re-incarnate it: join users from two servers into one. So there will be more trade, more activity.

Post by Guest » 25.01.2013, 07:00

When you are expanded near to max, then you do only production and sell your produced materials to other players or via stores. You can be then less active then in beginning of game. I think thats why realm looks like dead. I feel by myself, I do production cycle 1 week. Produce and sell.

Post by Guest » 31.01.2013, 04:13

In my eyes you can see the activity of a game in the forum... and when I look at the last posts here and the date of the postings... :roll:
But I am a very bad example. I am more or less already inactive since years.

Post by Guest » 03.02.2013, 11:05

I pretty much run a 2-weekly production nowadays, so even though my company is producing almost all the time, my own activity is rather low.

Forum activity is low because a lot of the long-time players probably talk to each other through IGM (In-Game Message) and since they know pretty much everything about the game already, there's not a lot of use for them to still go on the forum.
I think Realm 2 has a little more notable activity compared to Realm 1, though.

Post by Guest » 06.03.2013, 08:10

Dwarf wrote:In my eyes you can see the activity of a game in the forum... and when I look at the last posts here and the date of the postings... :roll:
But I am a very bad example. I am more or less already inactive since years.
There is little to discuss that hasn't been discussed already.
I still play after about 3-4 years. But I don't need to interact with others because I'm self sufficient (more or less). The day sausage production stops on R2 that's when I've quit. :wink:

Post by Guest » 07.10.2014, 11:07

The rigid behavior of the game admins had a lot to do with the demise of Realm 1, in my opinion. Cash Money Brothers, myself and some others, joined to form a trade union known as the TIB. At one point, we had over 200 members. We had lots of activity and interest in the game, and our union had numerous inner contests which utilized the game itself. It was an exciting time and our members were some of the biggest supporters of the game. But all of a sudden, the game admins became very hostile toward TIB, not even allowing us to post advertisements for the union in our faxes. Several of us were harassed about violations of trade rules with other TIB members. This went on for about 6 months as more and more players left the game in frustration.

Had the admins embraced TIB and what we were trying to do, encouraged our activities and supported our efforts, this might have turned out to be a totally different place. Instead, they literally ran off those who loved the game the most.