1 player, more accounts

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

1 player, more accounts

Post by Guest » 18.09.2012, 18:16

I already imagine answer, but want to ask anyway.

Is it allowed for one player to have more than one account if there are not unfair sales between all accounts?
The idea - I would like to have steady suppliers of high Q materials. I am not interested in easy profit, the only reason is steady, trustful and regular supplies.
If administration is informed of all companies one player owns, nothing to hide. So they can track all contract sales between these companies if the sold items are not sold for too cheap or too expensive.

I have been administrator in other browser based game, which is still running and quite popular. There was problem with multiaccounts and sales between them. Then appeared functionality for users in their profile to add their other accounts. When looking over all transactions done during day, then in other colour was one player accounts and it was easy to see if price for sale was reasonable. Easy to track and allow people use multiaccounts for fair reasons.

I don`t know if players are less here in Realm 2 than it was time before, or demand for some products are so high that it is hard to get needed quality products.

pearlbay

Re: 1 player, more accounts

Post by pearlbay » 19.09.2012, 06:12

Hi greenPOWER,

as you said, you can already guess at the answer - and it is indeed a no, as I assume you imagined. It is only permitted to have one account per server per player. This isn't just to keep the game fair for everyone (I know not everyone who would like to play two accounts would necessarily want to do so to further one of these accounts by unfair means, but, unfortunately, as we learned from experience, trusting in this tends to further misuse).

We have got one game which offers the option you are talking about, Torpia, which allows players to have one "Good" and one "Evil" account, and allows them to enter their alternative accounts into their Profiles. And even there, we have to be on our toes at all times, as even that doesn't stop players from misusing the system and using more accounts than those allowed to them (I need to add that the system of Torpia is also slightly different than that of Kapilands, and Good/Evil accounts have different abilities). Of course, as always I am not talking of the majority of devoted players who are playing fair and by the rules, please let me add this as well. However, it is because of them that it is necessary for us to be strict and stick to the system as it is.

Thank you anyway for your feedback - we're of course always interested in hearing new ideas!

Best regards,

pearllbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » 19.09.2012, 12:20

Thanks for confirmation and the answer was as I already imagined it.

I really don`t want to break rules because I like this game for some reasons - you can adjust by yourself how often you need to log in game. I can do this with production volumes. If I know my next week is busy I can even set production for month and I dont loose anything. Game is being played. there is no must of logging in every day, thats great.

But this might happen maybe few months, maybe few years later. When players will have 100 buildings fully maximized. Then it might become boaring. Just set production, and sell. And so on and on. Contests, score buildings, these are few other ways to spend income, but for how long it will be interesting? Everyone tries to expand their business and get more dominance in market. This is what I thought about when posted this topic. When I will reach maximum of my production and sale capacity (all buildings max expanded), then next way I can develop my company would be product quality increase. That I can achieve by using high quality raw materials and other materials needed for final product. For that is needed more building slots. Research building increases quality and we all know how long time it takes. We will reach levels of qualities when one level next quality research will need half a year or even more.

I feel like it is "Game Over" or "Objective completed" after all 100 buildings are max expanded. Because the rest you can do in game then is just grow numbers - score, money and other numbers. Is this is interesting and if these are the things players are aiming to? To change industry, I don`t think is the most players are looking for. I would like to expand my company and know i`m largest wardrobe producer and can influence market, or I am very high Q wardrobe producer, or in more large scale not only wardrobe but in furniture industry. But I really dont care to compete to be in different top lists just who has saved more money or who has more score points, and I don`t care where I am by fixed assets.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 20.09.2012, 06:31

Hi greenPower,

I understand what you are getting at, and of course can understand that it might be interesting, having reached all you can with your current company, it would be interesting to run another one based on different strategies. That is of course possible also, if you either reset the one you are currently using, or delete it entirely to create a new one. Of course in that case all your gains would irretrievably lost and I can understand that you wouldn't want to risk that for the fun of trying out a different scheme on Kapilands. You can of course also create an account on world 1 and world 2, with different aims, too.

However, as I tried to bring across, to ensure the maximum of fairness to all players, we cannot be lenient regarding the use of multiple accounts by one user - I am sure you understand that as well.

Feel free to add your idea to the "Suggestions and Proposals" section, however. We're always interested in testing out new concepts, and, who knows, might be able to use and implement your idea in some other form at some point.

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » 20.09.2012, 14:32

I already have account in R1. Building company needs years and after few years spent for expanding and understanding what you really want to produce, would be hard to reset account to start all over from beginning. This option is not for me :) I have already changed main business, which tooke me around 1 year.

Ofcourse I don`t support multiaccounting, and understand rules, and will not break them. I have still buildings to expand, roughly after year they all should be maxed out.

By the way, this should be posted in suggestions, but doesn`t this game interface or all images, how to say.. look very childish? I would like to have more modern look of web page. I know there are these packs with interface changes, but..

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 21.09.2012, 06:30

Yes, I think that one should indeed be posted in the suggestions area. ;)

I am afraid regarding your initial question there isn't much more I can add, though. You could always try one of the other language servers; you might be able to find players to converse with in English there as well (in-game and via PMs on the forum, as the forum languages are always the language of the game). I know this isn't really what you're looking for, but at the moment this is the only other option I could suggest.

By the way, the newest German servers do have a different interface - if you prefer a different style, you could give that a try as well.

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » 28.09.2012, 07:15

There is a solution, though I think Pearlbay will smack her head onto the desk when I mention it.
Realm 3. :lol:

I know, I know. Not gonna happen any time soon.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 28.09.2012, 11:06

My head is still in one piece and "unsmacked", Andro. :lol: But yes, I think we've been over this a few times, so I'd rather not post any further comments. ;)

Best regards,

pearlbay