R2 revolution - ideas not demands

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

R2 revolution - ideas not demands

Post by Guest » 16.04.2012, 18:59

I see plenty of faxes appearing on R2 demanding revolution and action from admins. I know you are trying to show the game is still active by posting but what do you actually want to change?
More upjers promotion of kapilands.com = more new players = more activity + cheaper coins
New features to keep existing players interested?
Changes to contests?

And remember you can do things yourselves - i remember a player putting up a 101st place contest prize.

Re: R2 revolution - ideas not demands

Post by Guest » 16.04.2012, 21:47

I suggest outsourcing and reduction of taxes. Oh and private church funded schools. Yeah that is the best. Christian universities, where you can teach that consumerism rules this world and it is oh so bad, but on the other hand we can not do without it, especially when 2% of it come flying into our pockets. Next you can establish an "underground and hidden" store where you buy the "anders b. breiv." arms, and you can do the special event of starting a crusade. arms sales +100, arms q +20. Women -30 and rational thought -36.

p.s. cold arms +20, firearms +50, bombmaking +40

Post by Guest » 16.04.2012, 22:22

the only thing I was wondering why the Dutch kapilands has a real instant messenger and here not. Think that will increase some fun.

Post by Guest » 17.04.2012, 07:39

real active bank, and bankrupt
this two things ll make more realistic i think,

Post by Guest » 17.04.2012, 19:52

Maybe some extra features for premium players? Like a research queue? Now I have to check every 45 minutes or so, when I start researching something from scratch, and this forces me to log on numerous times a day, or lose valuable R&D time. The more senior (older?) players might not have that much spare time a day, I don't to be honest.

Post by Guest » 18.04.2012, 15:49

just my thoughts. If you have read Pearlbay's posts these current servers are in development death. Minor fixing of glitches is what they will do but no major changes to active servers, they say that on the German forum too. Upjers programmers will be spending their time developing new games or the next version of Kapilands. SO if we need to fix the game we need non-programming solutions. (Plus if we resurrect Kapilands ourselves we might get R3). Here are some of my ideas;

1) Upjers brings back a campaign for us to invite people and write stuff about it across the internet

2) Lets all write more for the Newspaper, the German version (I keep referring to it as they have 6 servers) has an active newspaqre which gives players in exspansion or normal players something to do/ read/ keep them active.

3) If not to difficult everyone starts posting some of their daily production on the market or forum. Where you don't have long term or permanent buyers. This might resurrect the market and get more inter-company trading in lesser common markets. More variety=more players

4)Limited multi-accounting :o :shock: :o ON other Upjers games early in the game (beta version normally) you are allowed some multi-accounting as long as you post it on the forum and don't trade between them. This means most people will have a proper account and another one making a joke item such as toothpaste and cofee powder. As before more variety=more players

5) On the forum we forget all previous economic principles and re-debate them kick starting the forum and get more in-experienced people talking on them and thus they are more engaged

6)The admins tell us the shop price selling time formula (full version) just so we can have it :wink:

THE END

Post by Guest » 18.04.2012, 22:40

Please admins!!!! Fix the bugs in the game!!!! Were losing very great people that have been here for years!!!!! Another game I know of, updates there's every 3-6 months!!!! Admins save this game before more old timers Vanish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP US EVERYONE!!!!!!!

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 19.04.2012, 07:22

Hi everyone,

I am sorry there hasn't been a response here sooner. Those of you who have been playing the game for a while now and are familiar with the forum, and I am pretty sure this goes for the players sending out their revolution-faxes on the server as well should have read my posts on this same topic here on the forum.

I understand you all are fond of this game, and would like to see its development progress. I am sorry to have to tell you, though, that there will not be any further updates to the game - neither to the versions you will find here (as I told you repeatedly, due to the different coding, the Kapilands version you will find on the German servers 5 & 6 is not compatible with the version you'll find on the com servers and all other Kapilands versions, including the German servers 1-4 - but the "newer" version only differs in layout and the fact that it has a total of 4 more products).

Kapilands has been one of our first games, and it is still very dear to us, which is why it is still around and running after so many years and after we have had to close several other games (even newer games than Kapilands). We hope those of you who enjoy the game as it is will continue playing and enjoying it as they do now. I know there is a great community of players here, and there is an awesome editing-team that brings you great new contests and papers on a regular basis. Yet, I feel that the participation here is sorely lacking, too. The newspaper is a player-project and has always been, it's here for you all to give your input and for those of you that want to do more than playing, but who want to contribute to the community. Yet, there are hardly any of the old and dedicated players who seem willing to offer some help and input here.

I can understand that the paper is not for everyone, and that most of you are here to just play and enjoy the community. And that's fair enough: that's what gaming is about, and that what this game is about, too. So I suggest to all of you who love this game to do just that: keep playing and keep enjoying it.

Those who feel that this is not enough for them, I am sorry I cannot give you any better news. As you know, as company operating in a highly competitive market, though, we, too, have to move with the times and accordingly keep developing games that meet the latest technologies and the majority of our customers' and the entire browser gaming communities' demands. While Kapilands is not among those, there are various great new games we are working on at all times, and some of them may be to your liking, too. If you check out our company's German portal, you can see some of the games that are currently being developed at the moment. Of course there are many more that aren't featured here yet, too.

Kapilands is a great game, and we'll do our best to keep it available for you as long as we can. We will keep maintaining the game and servers, we will be here for your questions, we will look into and fix any problems reported to us. We will keep offering our support to the community and to all players as we have done during the past years, and we'll of course keep bring you great campaigns such as our Coins bonus campaign. And we'd be happy to have keep having you all around. Kapilands has a great community of players, and we'd love if for all of you to stick around, enjoy the game and each other's company.

Thank you all for your support and your feedback as well as your understanding,

best regards,

paerlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » 19.04.2012, 13:45

Right.

So that's it?

Sorry pearlbay, but basicly u say is thanks for your cash from coins, we are making other games now, come play those and pay us even more?

What's so hard about it? There are some smart people here. Can't they fix some of the kapilands? Ur gonna junk it someday anyway.

I think, that after all the hard work you did for us, we should do something for you. It's hard just gibing the codes of the game, but some ancient players with a brain can stop this revolution. Someone with free time and someone who still likes kapilands and its features.

For me, Upjers is turning their back to us, and raising the finger in the middle of the hand. OK, no more updates. We do it! But removed from the mainpage?

I started this revolution, and i tell you the following

It will never end!

Not untill things change. Either you do it and earn cash, or let us and earn cash, or people leave means you loose cash.

I am not mad at you, just dissapointed. Together with many others.

Post by Guest » 19.04.2012, 16:11

jan1666 wrote:For me, Upjers is turning their back to us, and raising the finger in the middle of the hand.
They won't do that till they shut down the server. Pearlbay has made a point are the current 2 servers being kept alive by sentiment alone? A lot of people these days are living off coins bought a long time ago and how many people still buy them? From the looks of them not that many.

Personally limited multi-accounting would be the way to fix it all.

BTW People Post For G*ds Sake

Post by Guest » 19.04.2012, 17:54

SHHHH

Ur ruining the revolution! Ur supposed to join and say YEA Jan ur right! :lol:

Post by Guest » 19.04.2012, 22:10

Sure not many people buy coins now, I dont. But I would if I knew that the game was progressing and that it would inovate and renew itself and that it would last and keep it fun for more years. You guys are treating Kapilands like an old man that needs to be fed and needs help to put his clothes on. You want players to buy coins by saying that the team is going to maintain the game? Forget it. Are you kidding me? The players that spend money on a game want to be sure that its worth it, and that the team deserve it by the work that they put in the game. That's not happening. You guys are keeping it alive, sure, but thats it.
Shutting down the server? Well if you're shutting down the server because there are not enough players playing the game, thats pretty much your fault, not ours. Don't blame us for leaving a game that shows no progression and no will to keep it cool and new. If you don't have goals for the game to succeed in the future then don't cry about not having enough players to keep it alive.

Sure sure new technologies blablabla well if you like technologies so much why dont you implement them on Kapilands? Improve it, god damnit!

Post by Guest » 20.04.2012, 05:20

kardesler ticaret wrote:real active bank, and bankrupt
this two things ll make more realistic i think,
well, i think the only problem of the game is that its too safe and easy, why?

after earning Fixed assets of 64.000.000 or more, the only problems or obstacles in the game is the reduced output of production, which is just something that you can ignore compared to the size of the building you would have by then. kapilands is a game with constant repeated cycle with contest the only thing that makes variation to the game each week. and this is where the problem is located, as the company grows, gaining lots of fixed assets player tend to get bored... the excess amount of cash the player has, what can i do with it? by then the company would already have big spaced building and coins... there's not much to do left besides seeing your FA grows bigger than its now (even tho its big enough already).

So adding variants that will make the player concerns more about the game will be a good idea to fix this. Leaving one more question spared, what variants would make this game more interesting.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 20.04.2012, 06:56

Hi again everyone,

it is not that I cannot understand your sentiments. Being long-term Kapilands-players, I full well understand that you want to game to keep on being developed, and I therefore will not at this point judge some of your comments to harshly. Anyway, we have kept developing this game for several years, and ended at a point where this was simply no longer possible.

The code as it is cannot be reworked to today's standards, and a continuous development of the game is not possible therefore. We have come to this point with several other of our games, too (CaribicIslands, RumbleRace for instance, all of which have a long tradition and dedicated players as well). It is never an easy decision to stop the development of a game everyone has grown so attached to, and we certainly never do so before we have thought through this carefully and weighed all the options. Kapilands has been programmed 7 years ago. To be able to keep updating it, we'd have to rework the game from scratch, and we would not be able to add further features to the existing servers, either, as some of you would like us to do.

But as we love the game's concept, it has made it's way into many of our newer games, too, even if the economy simulation is not their central core. As long as we can, we will keep trying to offer you the game as it is, as you learned to love and enjoy it. We will keep being here for your questions, and we will keep supporting this community. I can understand those of you that say they don't want to keep playing a game that is not developing any further. That is your prerogative entirely. Still, those of you who enjoy Kapilands as they are, I hope you will keep sticking around here and will keep playing for the sake of this wonderful community and for this still wonderful and very playable game.

Thanks a lot also to those of you who seem to understand our reasonings. To those of you who can't: that is your prerogative. But this is, I am afraid, all I can say to this topic, and I am going to close the thread now therefore. I might consider reopening it when everyone's had a chance to cool off and we can talk reasonably again. My point, however stands, and I am sorry, no amount of faxes demanding a revolution will be able to change this.

Thank you very much for your understanding,

best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!