Wardrobes market

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Wardrobes market

Post by Guest » 21.06.2012, 13:33

Wardrobes production.

Did some calculations, but want to understand where I`m wrong.

! Item production costs ar not included. All material prices are from market.
!! Wardrobe Q136

If I produce 1 wardrobe I need and it costs me:
20 Wood Q0, 75c
5 Steel Q0, 135c
600 Power Q0, 0.27c
Total: 2337c
Wardrobe Q = 34
Player buys 1 wardrobe for 2650+50Q=4350c
Income from 10 wardrobes: 43500c
Profit: 43500-23370=20130c

If I produce 1 wardrobe I need and it costs me:
20 Wood Q34, 119c
5 Steel Q32, 200c
600 Power Q0, 0.27c
Total: 3542c
wardrobe Q = 50.5 (how kapilands round - up or down?)
Player buys 1 wardrobe for 2650+50Q=5150c
Income from 10 wardrobes: 51500c
Profit: 51500-35420=16080c

Q34 wardrobe needs 1205c less for materials than wardrobe Q50. If I produce 10 wardrobes total costs are:
Q34 - 23370c
Q50 - 35420c
Difference is 12050c. For this money I can buy materials to produce additional 5 wardrobes Q34.

I know that I have to take into account time. Time to produce additional 5 wardrobes. For player who sells wardrobes in furniture stores, time comes into game when Qhigh are sold more than Qlow in the same time. But how much it does affect?

Market prices are high, ok, I have to search for contractor for better prices to lower Qhigh wardrobe material costs.

Where am I wrong in my calculations and please help me understand how this works.

Thank You in advance.

Post by Guest » 22.06.2012, 07:23

Just produce Q34, it is above average Q for all retail countries looking through the R2 stats and will retail fine. As soon as you start adding higher Q wood/steel it just eats into your profits and doesn't provide any real benefit. Buying any raw materials over NPC makes no sense when you have a high enough wardrobe tech and the only thing you can do is try and keep costs done a little by finding a decent power supplier at a good price. There isn't any benefit for a producer with plantations to produce high Q wood either which doesn't help, other products will sell better and higher priced.

Post by Guest » 20.07.2012, 23:55

Wow i think 6/7 weeks later sales times are actually getting a little back to normal. Although today was the first time i emptied my textile stores after a long sales time on R2 and what would normally take 3 weeks to sell is now taking closer to 5 weeks. :cry:

Post by Guest » 31.07.2012, 05:25

Sounds like you did not empty/visit your stores the day before...
Just to ensure.

Post by Guest » 31.07.2012, 09:46

If I empty the day before supply goes to around 60/75% of the market that's not usually a good idea if your referring to the textile stores.

Post by Guest » 11.09.2012, 18:23

greenPOWER wrote:maybe very stupid question for player for around 2or even more years of experience in kapilands, but I`m new in retailing.

In stats page, what means amount? It is amount sold in retail stores in previous 24h? For average price of... and average quality was...? Correct?

It would be interesting to know how many stores are there in R2 which are selling wardrobes, so you can imagine your share and what you can do with your own stores.

I usually use price which guarantee all wardrobes sold in +/-120h.

But now I`m expanding my stores, so I`m out of selling for next more 2300+ hours :)
GREED inc. wrote:In stats page, the amount means how many wardrobes were sold yes, but with an important twist: The amount means amount that stores sold between two visits - that is, the amount/quality/price in the stats page change if you visit/clear your stores. If you didnt visit/clear your stores, the stats remain unaffected. Also, the amount/price/quality decays automatically. If you sold 10000 tires one day, and then didnt sell any more, the next day the amount halves i think and so on.

On topic: Todays stat price in turkey R1 was 3500 caps/unit :shock: That means i sell full rack in 150 hours instead of 90 hours when the stats price is 6000 :shock: Makes me so angry i wanna slap anyone who sells the wardrobes so cheaply.
Still not crystal clear for me. I put in sale wardrobes. Now I will wait 133 hours for all are sold. There will be some stats for wardrobes. After I visit my store the stats will be affected by my sales quantity I sold, price and quality. Now the question, when stats are updated? Immediately? Or there is certain hour each day when it updates stats? For example, today, 11.09. all wardrobes are sold, I visit my stores. Stats are updated on 12.09 00:00? Or how? Can`t really understand.

It is possible to visit stores during sales are ongoing. Do I need to do so or visit only after everything is sold from stores?

Thanks in advance.

Post by Guest » 14.09.2012, 00:11

Stats update overnight, it depends what timezone your in as to what time and i can't remember off the top of my head what time it is but its after midnight for me.

You can visit your stores either through admin buildings or even just clicking on the building visits them as your caps increase by the sales when you enter the building.

Post by Guest » 17.09.2012, 11:23

I have noticed interesting thing.

If I put on sale items from each store then I have less sale time than using special building, store administration and if I set sales for all stores. Like now I put on sale wardrobes for one week, and setting up sale from wardrobe store it gave me sale time 163:35:45. All others I put on sale using special building store administration, I got sale time 164:06:28. Half an hour longer sales. Why? All product Q are the same, volumes in each stores the same. There was no delay after putting in sales. just few clicks. Can`t understand.

Post by Guest » 23.09.2012, 07:22

Why one of my furniture stores sells faster than all others? Set selling amounts and volumes for all stores from administration building. Advertisements are all over 40k, so the same. Is there any optimization for stores too?

Post by Guest » 27.09.2012, 21:06

If it's only one furniture store and not several... maybe it's just a bug :)

Post by Guest » 25.10.2012, 21:49

Someone is seriously messing up sales times on R1 in Germany. Nearly 24hrs longer for a full rack.