What's going on with R2?!?!

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

What's going on with R2?!?!

Post by Guest » 02.03.2012, 17:58

So I think I had an account in R1 (not sure) and I played like 3 or 4 years ago and then quitted. Last week I wanted to play Kapilands again, I couldn't remenber my password so I created a new account on R2 and was shocked with such low quantity of players/producers. I don't know if R2 is new but I don't understand why people want a R3 while R2 is almost a desert. On R1 I was a stone producer and it was quite a competitive market, with frequently more than 10 producers selling stones for about 25.7 caps. Now I'm back to lead the stone market and notice that there are only 3 or 4 stone producers, and lower supply brings higher prices so the price of stones now are like 26,5 minimum.

Another thing that I don't understand is all the posts I've read on this forum saying that power is very good and profitable while yesterday I checked the power market and NOBODY was selling it, I stranged so today I checked again and still nobody was selling it... Can someone tell me if this R2 is new? And why wanting another realm if R2 lacks producers? What's going on?

Re: What's going on with R2?!?!

Post by Guest » 02.03.2012, 18:01

By the way forgot to mention that i was talking about English server.

Post by Guest » 02.03.2012, 21:22

A lot has changed in the last 3 or 4 years, I suppose.
There's a lot trading going on through contracts rather than the market.
That's why you don't see as much power/water/stones on the market anymore.

Post by Guest » 03.03.2012, 08:52

R2 is not new. Unless you count 2,5 years new.
As for production of power. I think mainly new companies produce power and water to build up their economy before they convert to other products.
...and as for the "demand" of new servers... I think those people are just extremely bored and want a third company to deal with. :?

Post by Guest » 04.03.2012, 18:14

Bigger players tend not to produce power, water and stones - but tend to buy lots of them. More bigger players = these products are gulped up, and people can sell buy contract for a better price than the market and lose 10% on the NPC.

Post by Guest » 04.03.2012, 21:19

Yep.

That's why I ONLY sell on the market, despite the lower profit compared to contracts
I usually place over 100.000.000 stones on the market at a single time.
But I only put my products on the market once every few weeks. :P

I wish more big players would do this, just to make sure that raw products stay available for newer players.

Post by Guest » 25.03.2012, 09:18

VerConMat, are you talking raw materials only, or all?

I've been pondering selling some things on the market just to offer slightly lower prices for those with less funds. But the problem I encounter is that big companies buy them all because they are cheaper (still highly expensive compared to production price + profits).

I also feel that the level system in the game is an evil thing. Leveling means less productivity. Spending money stalls the process, which means companies don't really care how much money they spend on things. This in turn causes higher prices of products.
Am I the only one who is concerned?

Post by Guest » 26.03.2012, 14:30

Of course a higher activity on the whole market would be nicer, I'm not a huge fan of the fact that almost everything is done through contract trades these days, it makes the realm look 'empty' while it really isn't, everything is simply done in the background.

I'd mainly love to see more raw materials on the market as this is what new players will first struggle with, but if would be great to see more 'normal products' on the market as well, of course, as this is the next step for anyone that has set up their company. :)

The problem that you encounter with big companies buying up everything, I used to get that too, but since I place such a high amount of my product on the market at a time, it takes a while even for the big companies to buy it all, so the small companies can buy stones 'in between' as well, there's like a 24 hour window before the final stone is sold.

Post by Guest » 14.04.2012, 09:27

I'll see what I can do to add my share of products. I've started selling quality sausages on R2's market. The sales are ok. A bit slow. I have at least one other product that I might be able to sell in the future, once it kicks off.
My business on R1 is a mess right now. Massive expansions everywhere. There won't be alot of market activity there for me in the near future. But I do have plans for it.

Post by Guest » 01.06.2012, 22:52

Portuguese Products wrote:I don't understand why people want a R3 while R2 is almost a desert.
I suppose some people want R3 for the same reason I want it too - 'cause we're addicted to Kapilands-like series. :mrgreen: I'm not ashamed to admit how addicted I am to Kapi series - Kapilands and KapiRegnum. When I started playing Kapilands for the first time it was on R1 but the trading business was bad, so I quit, but I made a company on R2. Then the Bulgarian realm was launched and I started playing there. Then I gave up the BG ream for the same reason I gave up R1 on the English server. Then I continued to play English R2 and started again on English R1. Now I'm so addicted to this game that not long ago I started on KapiRegnum and I'm craving for Kapilands R3 and KapiRegnum R2. :oops: :mrgreen: It would be a lot easier if there was no restriction for number of accounts on the same IP but since there is this restriction I have no choice but to wait for more realms.