Discuss about the recent KapiTimes in here!

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 03.03.2011, 18:03

And not one mention of me yet ;) Haha :) Good job Vercon is still going, and I am sorry that I dropped out, I had real life things to deal with and didn't really have enough time to write for a game which I was playing less and less each day, I still can't write for it anymore I'm afraid as I'm focusing on exams and then work experience for the whole of my summer holidays then applying to universities then more exams in a year and a halfs time. So I'm not available till the next olympics basically in London 2012 ;)

I'm happy that the paper is still going and for Vercon being on his own a lot of credit is due! (Shame about not being able to reward him, but hey ho!)

When I restarted the paper a year and a half back (I remember it was near the end of my summer holidays ;) ) I did envisage more of a "roleplay" news section, but I never knew what to put in it as there were always strict rules on what you could and could not write about companies who were in game and I didn't want to get a stern talking to by GE! Instead I settled with the stories... which whether you guys read and enjoyed or not I don't mind as I had good fun writing them, but alas it was time consuming and I was never a good one for being organized! Vercon pestered me every day of the week, that's the only thing that kept me vaguely on time! :)

So what would I like to see? More community participation in the paper :)

Post by Guest » 04.03.2011, 12:07

batangwaray1 wrote:I think a you should open a space or two for anyone who wants to write about anything related to this game. Its a good way of giving other people a chance of giving something without the pressure of expectation deadlines.
This is exactely what we have and what we give to the players. :)
Everybody can send in articles - if he/she wants it to be published "quickly" after he sent it in, this has to be sent in until Thursday before the release. If the article is sent in later we can publish it in the issue after this. So there is no pressure at all.
So what you ask for is what we have. :D

There is always space for articles. The so-called rules are not as strict as you may think. We are interested in all kind of articles that are related to Kapilands and don't break the game-rules. This has been made clear over and over again. :)
But we just need players willing to wrote those articles. ;)

Post by Guest » 06.03.2011, 00:09

I can make an article about how kapilanders smell horrible + they dont know hygiene and are in grave need of GREED inc. perfumes, shampoo, detergents an toothpaste. And when they learn how to use that and girls begin to like them, we also offer GREED inc. lotions 8) Call 090 PER-FUM-ES ;)

Post by Guest » 08.03.2011, 18:38

GoldenEye wrote:
batangwaray1 wrote:I think a you should open a space or two for anyone who wants to write about anything related to this game. Its a good way of giving other people a chance of giving something without the pressure of expectation deadlines.
This is exactely what we have and what we give to the players. :)
Everybody can send in articles - if he/she wants it to be published "quickly" after he sent it in, this has to be sent in until Thursday before the release. If the article is sent in later we can publish it in the issue after this. So there is no pressure at all.
So what you ask for is what we have. :D

There is always space for articles. The so-called rules are not as strict as you may think. We are interested in all kind of articles that are related to Kapilands and don't break the game-rules. This has been made clear over and over again. :)
But we just need players willing to wrote those articles. ;)

Sweet!

Post by Guest » 08.03.2011, 20:23

Once you write something, the best course of action would be to send it over to me through a PM on the forums.
I'm the only active editor in KapiTimes (been that way for a few months now) and I'll be able to get to the editing quicker if it's sent to me directly. ;)

Post by Guest » 20.03.2011, 12:33

Just a little reminder i am still looking for companies for interviews, please don't worry that your company is not large enough or unknown, the more variety of interviews the better, there is no pressure or deadlines same as the rest of the newspaper to reply with the questions. :)

Post by Guest » 28.08.2011, 09:52

Is there anybody that would like to have their say in a kapitimes interview? 8) i'm a little ahead with them at the minute so theres no pressure in completing one urgently, just IGM me ingame so I can ensure you have the chance.

R1 - NYK
R2 - Jackets UK

And don't forget all older interviews, dave and davids and newspapers are available on R1 in the 'news archives' on the 'office' page. :)

If anybody wants to write an article about anything at all from the game just send them in, maybe you've worked out the best way to calculate sales prices or profitability for each different building anything would be good, I know most of the information is available on the forum but not everybody uses the forum. :)

Post by Guest » 28.08.2011, 11:38

I have been reasonable ative on Kapilands over the last few months and I would like to know how I can be of assistance to you guys..

let me know how I can help. I would like to see Kapi Times improve to a more interesting paper also...

Post by Guest » 28.08.2011, 19:38

Honestly the only real way to help is to provide articles that can be published, something the players will find interesting and could possibly help the newer players, there's plenty to discuss about kapilands and as i said on my previous post not all players have found their way to the forum or would be able to find all the content if they did, articles could be an overview of information and help already provided on here and things not really found ingame or something completely new. :)

Post by Guest » 09.10.2011, 09:11

Looking for someone to interview for issue 129, anybody interested contact me ingame or on the forum :)

Re: Discuss about the recent KapiTimes in here!

Post by Guest » 16.07.2012, 22:19

Again anybody wanting to do the interview please contact me in-game. I'm running short of active players wanting to take part.

R1/R2 - NYK

I've also simplified and sped up the process of completing the interview for anyone wishing to take part, before you had to wait for me to get home from work or get access to a computer to send the interview via IGM which can be a little awkward answering so many questions ingame. Now the interview can either be sent the old way or i can give you a link to my dropbox account that will enable you to download the interview in a small text document format so you can complete it whenever you want to without logging on ingame. This can be then copy and pasted into a IGM to me when completed.

Edit just to add the kapi interviews are now full until September. Just IGM me and I will add yours to the list in order of return.