WOOOOO!

This is our board section for topics that are not related to Kapilands. Please keep in mind: Avoid links to non-Kapilands-websites.

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 11.07.2010, 22:00

You were a bit unlucky at first, having being given a bad instructor, but, in the end, everything has sorted out and you're now having your license in your hands :D . Which, believe me, I know it is a reason to be elated. I remember when I got mine: immediately after the practical exam was over and I brought the car back from the same spot I left in it ( right in front of the "Nicolae Dobrin" stadium, located in my hometown Pitesti ), the policewoman who was with me during this time ( don't how the procedure is in your country, but in Romania, when you're at the practical exam, a police officer ( man or woman, really doesn't matter ), is with you in the car, telling you what to do: where to park the car, how to park it etc. All this not to help you, but to assess your performances! ) told me that I have passed.

Needless to say I couldn't believe my ears at first! :D But, it was true. My instructor who, during the moments I was driving my car around the city, waited anxiously for the results back in the parking lot ( this is another part of the procedure in Romania: the instructor isn't allowed to join you while you're having the practical exam ), congratulated me the moment I got out of the car. :P He was quite happy, as well. And he had all the reasons to be, since his work with me paid off. That guy really was one hell of an instructor, I tell you! :D

Post by Guest » 11.07.2010, 22:27

In The Netherlands it's not a police officer, but a part of the government nonetheless, the "Central Bureau of Drivinglicenses" (CBR) would be a close translation of the Dutch words.

In here, you're always allowed to have your instructor in the back of the car during the exam, which can help a lot.
Usually at the end of the exam, you're asked to hand over the carkeys to your instructor, and leave the vehicle to head back to the office.

At that time when they're along, they discuss what you did wrong, and what your instructor needs to teach you for your next attempt.
Basically when they have that talk, you failed the exam.

This started the same way... "Please hand over the keys and head back to the office"
So I handed over the keys and got out of the car.
Before I even passed the rear of the car, I heard another door open.
This indicated that they did not have a long conversation.

I couldn't read the face of my instructor as we walked back inside.
When we got back to the desk of the CBR guy, he told me I had passed.
I only made one small mistake, small enough not to have the CBR guy slamming on the brakes or anything like that :P

On the way back home I sent a text message to my brother.
"Don't advertise your car at any car dealers now, It's MINE!" :)

Post by Guest » 11.07.2010, 22:56

In Romania, when you have failed an exam ( and we're talking the practical one here ), the police officer is usually the one who tells you that. He/she has a couple of papers in a clipboard that are basically tables with lots of boxes they can tick. As far as I can remember, if they tick too many of these, you can consider youreself screwed. Each and every mistake you make is adding points to your total score. Unlike the theoretical exam, where you are supposed to get as many points as possible to meet at least the minimum score to pass ( which is around 22 for min and 26 for max ), during the practical stage you aren't supposed to score anything at all. Because if you do that and reach 21-22 points, you will go home, as you have failed. And you're back to square one: you'll have to get back to studying even harder, so to make sure you will eventually pass the exam.

You can try your luck again in about 2 weeks after your last unsuccessful attempt, but not earlier, according to the law. There's no limit to how many attempts you can make, but you can't do this forever. All the classes you take and everything you have learned are valid for just one year. If you still haven't got your license until then, you'll have to start all over again: taking new classes, paying new fees etc. Trust me, I have met people who got their drivers' license at their 7th! attempt.

Once everything is ok and you have passed the exams ( both the theoretical and the practical one ), your new license will be issued in about 2 weeks. You just have to go and pick it up from the police station. ;). Note that, in the first 12 months after getting the license, you will be considered as a beginner and you'll have to fit your car with special signs that say just that. These signs will be placed on the rear and front windshield of the car, in the right hand side corner, for the front windshield and in the left hand side corner for the rear windshield. It are mandatory and, if do not have them at all times when driving the car, you can get in to troubles and receive hefty fines ( even up to 1000 RON ( 240-250 euro )).

Speaking of those signs, it are looking like this:

Post by Guest » 12.07.2010, 02:25

I have now like a half year my driver license.. Bought one week ago on saturday my First car and before that I drove in my dad's new skoda Octavia.. and my mothers race monster: Citroen C1.. Those are both really fun to drive..

Im driving a lot, for my traineeship, my parents their shop, have to go to the wholesalers and so on ;)

Had my theoratical part gained in the 3th time.. did 25 lessons and obtained my driver licence.. Normally the amount of driving lessons is around the 45 lessons of 1 hour.. So i did a great job, also to my parents which sponsored me ;)

So bought my first car one week ago, worked a lot to get that kind of car and here it is:

Mazda mx-5, from 1998. It has a 1.8 liter engine which provides 140 rwhp. On this picture you can see a hard top, this picture was on its way back to my home town. I just bought it and had no other way to transport the hard top. Normally i use the soft top with this wonderful weather. I use the hard top for in the winter, when it isnt smart to use the soft top with snow or freezing temperatures ;)

Post by Guest » 12.07.2010, 07:29

ohhh a Miataaaaaa

take good care of her

Post by Guest » 12.07.2010, 14:51

WallachianHoldingRomania wrote:your new license will be issued in about 2 weeks. You just have to go and pick it up from the police station. ;). Note that, in the first 12 months after getting the license, you will be considered as a beginner and you'll have to fit your car with special signs that say just that.
We can pick up our license from the city hall within 1 week :)

We are regarded as 'beginner drivers' for 5-7 years depending on when we got our licenses.
Luckily, We don't have to use any symbols to show that we're beginner drivers.

Post by Guest » 12.07.2010, 15:52

jan1666 wrote:ohhh a Miataaaaaa

take good care of her
I will, love her ;)

Post by Guest » 12.07.2010, 22:41

Kenteken?

T.-..-..
X.-..-..

Post by Guest » 13.07.2010, 19:04

16-JAN-6 :P

As I passed my test, those metal fake license plates started coming in.
I now have a sign that says "Let me through, I'm fleeing!" and [NL|GevaarOpDeWeg] (Danger on the road) :D

Post by Guest » 13.07.2010, 19:09

not even a
NO trespassing? Toyota only?

Post by Guest » 13.07.2010, 22:06

That could follow.
My brother works for the main importer of Toyota in The Netherlands. :P

Post by Guest » 14.07.2010, 09:30

Holland is a beautiful country. Wish I could go there again :D

Post by Guest » 14.07.2010, 23:52

VerConMat Industries BV wrote:That could follow.
My brother works for the main importer of Toyota in The Netherlands. :P
Is that the one with the orange Supra with 600 BHP?

Post by Guest » 14.07.2010, 23:58

sorry :oops:

Post by Guest » 23.07.2010, 21:17

How's driving going, rookie? :D