Varkipedia

This is our board section for topics that are not related to Kapilands. Please keep in mind: Avoid links to non-Kapilands-websites.

Moderator: moderators

Varkipedia

Post by Guest » 17.05.2010, 15:26

The Aardvark (Orycteropus afer) (afer: from Africa) is a medium-sized, burrowing, nocturnal mammal native to Africa.[2] It is the only living species of all Tubulidentata, but there are known other prehistoric species and genera of Tubulidentata.

It is sometimes called "antbear", "anteater", "Cape anteater" (after the Cape of Good Hope), "earth hog" or "earth pig". The word "aardvark" is famous for being one of the first entries to appear in many encyclopaedias and even abridged dictionaries. The name comes from the Afrikaans/Dutch[3] for "earth pig" or "ground pig" (aarde earth/ground, varken pig), because early settlers from Europe thought it resembled a domesticated pig. However, the aardvark is not closely related to the pig; rather, it is the sole recent representative of the obscure mammalian order Tubulidentata, in which it is usually considered to form a single variable species of the genus Orycteropus, coextensive with the family Orycteropodidae. The aardvark is not closely related to the South American anteater, despite sharing some characteristics and a superficial resemblance.[4] The closest living relatives of the aardvark are the elephant shrews, along with the sirenians, hyraxes, tenrecs, and elephants. Together, these animals form the superorder Afrotheria.

Interesting eh? 8)

The baby is like Sid in ice age

One of the most distinctive characteristics of the Tubulidentata is (as the name implies) their teeth. Instead of having a pulp cavity, each tooth has a cluster of thin, upright, parallel tubes of vasodentin (a modified form of dentine), with individual pulp canals, held together by cementum. The teeth have no enamel coating and are worn away and regrow continuously. The aardvark is born with conventional incisors and canines at the front of the jaw, which fall out and are not replaced. Adult aardvarks only have cheek teeth at the back of the jaw, and have a dental formula of: Upper: 0.0.2-3.3, lower: 0.0.2.3

Genetically speaking, the aardvark is a living fossil, as its chromosomes are highly conserved, reflecting much of the early eutherian arrangement before the divergence of the major modern taxa.[5]

The aardvark is vaguely pig-like in appearance. Its body is stout with an arched back and is sparsely covered with coarse hairs. The limbs are of moderate length. The front feet have lost the pollex (or 'thumb')

Post by Guest » 17.05.2010, 16:16

Go, go, aardvarks! :D

Long live Varkipedia!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Post by Guest » 17.05.2010, 16:32

I hate aardvarks. I didn't read their wiki entry but they annoy me.

Post by Guest » 17.05.2010, 17:05

Varks are useless. Are they good to eat at least?

Post by Guest » 17.05.2010, 17:16

yes they are edable, but you want to eat a cutie like this?
http://personal.stevens.edu/~asedunov/i ... rdvark.jpg

Burger (Aardvark)
The Classic
Last edited by Guest on 17.05.2010, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 17.05.2010, 17:19

I'd like to. I eat everything. My vegan/vegetarian friends hate me for this. And I always tell em that veggies have feelings, too, and it hurts me to look in a carrot's eyes (?) while I cut her in little pieces.

Post by Guest » 17.05.2010, 17:31

How do Aardvarks annoy you kingrewt? :shock:

Have you even met one in REAL life? :P

Post by Guest » 17.05.2010, 17:34

Dios wrote:I'd like to. I eat everything. My vegan/vegetarian friends hate me for this. And I always tell em that veggies have feelings, too, and it hurts me to look in a carrot's eyes (?) while I cut her in little pieces.

Me too!!! :)
vegetarians are stupid -.-

Post by Guest » 17.05.2010, 17:51

Stop spamming Varkipedia with anything other than Vark talk!! :shock:

Post by Guest » 17.05.2010, 19:25

sergiurocks506 wrote:How do Aardvarks annoy you kingrewt? :shock:

Have you even met one in REAL life? :P
No but I know i don't like them. That is why i started the Vark-Burger Franchise. Buy varks and make them into burger or stew (which may contain giraffe, elephant, lion, Siberian tiger, hippopotamus, orangatagn, gorilla and dodo). It now has over 7600 shops world wide. Our motto "eat he stupid varks before it is too late".

sergiurocks506 wrote:Stop spamming Varkipedia with anything other than Vark talk!! :shock:
You had disappeared when the first infestation of varks appeared so I know more about them and higher in the command chain than you. Also personally it is all the same spam.

Post by Guest » 17.05.2010, 21:47

Louis Vega(tarian) - Mambo nr. 5

a little bit, erica by my vark
a little bit maria's all vark need
a little bit varkina, for the sea
a little bit sandra, in the vark
a little bit jessivark, all night long

:twisted:

Post by Guest » 18.05.2010, 12:34

jan1666 wrote:Louis Vega(tarian) - Mambo nr. 5

Cool. 8)

Anyway kingrewt, this is an infestation of varks so I am learning, plus I saw the first bit of the last infestation. :wink:

Post by Guest » 18.05.2010, 13:06

sergiurocks506 wrote:
jan1666 wrote:Louis Vega(tarian) - Mambo nr. 5

Cool. 8)

Anyway kingrewt, this is an infestation of varks so I am learning, plus I saw the first bit of the last infestation. :wink:
This looks like a movie script: 28 vark infestations later ;) .

Post by Guest » 18.05.2010, 13:09

Yep. :D

We should have a war, Varks believers versus Vark haters. :P

Post by Guest » 18.05.2010, 13:18

Ummm.."Lord of the Varks"?