ppa history ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderator: moderators

ppa history ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 17:03

This thread renamed so as not to be so garish. PPA history refers to our current going name "Power Producers Association" .

VOTE ON THIS IDEAL AT http://arkypaa.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1214252860
~~~~Please read this ENTIRE thread before voting, make a informed choice!~~~[/size]
Please feel free to still vote, but we have already formed.
http://arkypaa.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=test to join or view

I propose a new and unique solution to the power war: Create a member ran power syndicate/alliance!

Here are the details:
Player(s?) will act as "Chief Power and Market Control Officer"
There will be a external forum for communications and transaction recording.
All members will be active in voting in Alliance operations.
Power Producing Member Companies wrote:Would sell all their power to their Chief Officer via Contract
Price would be ~85% Market price
10% goes to cover market posting fee
5% goes to finance market control operations(Variable%)
Player would rest assured knowing his power would always be bought for a stable(not fixed) price
Chief Officers wrote:Would accept all contracts from Alliance members
Will keep records of all transactions(publicly visible on forum)
Will post offers on market once per day or as needed for members' collective power.
Will use the Bank% to purchase power below the Alliances' price
Will deposit weekly budget surplus in the in game bank, and report Balances, Profit & Losses to the Alliance forum
All Member Companies will vote on wrote:Set Market Price of Alliances' Power
Set Bank% based on demands placed on bank by market fluctuations
Vote Chief Officers in and out as members see fit.
I believe this is the only way to attain power market stability
Details, ranting, general ramblings wrote: There may be a need for more than one of these "chiefs" to diversify our risk. Also it may be necessary to pay something like .5-1% to them for doing all the hard work. These are unknowns. When we buy power posted below our voted upon price, the company selling the power should receive a pre-written Recruiting letter, inviting him/her to join the Alliance. All power transactions would be screenshotted and arranged through the forums to provide for accountability from both sides. Again if many people join there would be nned to be sub-forums (Ex: 9 producers 20 million power/day each, 1 "Chief" who manages this groups power). All groups vote together, and the rules are the same for all groups.
I realize a war will break out about 3 lines below this. I ask only this: Please keep your criticisms civil and constructive. All aspects of this are open to discussion such as: Would members get 1 vote each, or 1 vote per 1 million power produced? Etc.

I can say this will work, it has worked, and does work in several other browser game economies I participate in.

Why do we need a power conglomerate?
The water market sells at 95.61% of NPC price.
The stone market sells at 97.95% of NPC price.
Only POWER sells for 74.13% of NPC price.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... KD8EJP1NWw
Click the link and select "MarketSummary" for details
Last edited by Guest on 25.06.2008, 19:46, edited 28 times in total.

Re: All Power Producers Please Read

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 17:37

CapitalPowerInvestments wrote:If you have been reading the forums lately, you know there is a flame war about power prices raging. I propose a new and unique solution: We create a member ran power syndicate/alliance.

Here are the details:
A Player(s?) will act as "Chief Power and Market Control Officer"
There will be a external forum for communications and transaction recording.
All members will be active in voting in Alliance operations.

Power Producing Member Companies:
Would sell all their power to the Chief Officer via Contract
Price would be ~85% Market price
10% goes to cover market posting fee
5% goes to finance market control operations(Variable%)
Player would rest assured knowing his power would always be bought for a stable(not fixed) price
Chief Officer:
Would accept all contracts from Alliance members
Will keep records of all transactions(publicly visible on forum)
Will post offers on market once per day or as needed for members' collective power.
Will use the Bank% to purchase power below the Alliances' price
Will deposit weekly budget surplus in the in game bank, and report Balances, Profit & Losses to the Alliance forum
All Member Companies will vote on:
Set Market Price of Alliances' Power
Set Bank% based on demands placed on bank by market fluctuations
Vote new chief officers in as members see fit.
I realize this takes a lot of trust, and I am not running to be president or whatever of this ideal. I do however believe:
This is the only way to attain power market stability

There may be a need for more than one of these "chiefs" to diversify our risk. Also it may be necessary to pay something like .5-1% to them for doing all the hard work. These are unknowns. When we buy power posted below our voted upon price, the company selling the power should receive a pre-written Recruting letter, inviting him/her to join the Alliance.

I realize a war will break out about 3 lines below this. I ask only this: Please keep your criticisms civil and constructive. All aspects of this are open to discussion such as: Would members get 1 vote each, or 1 vote per 1 million power produced? Etc.

I can say this will work, it has worked, and does work in several other browser game economies I participate in.
Splendid Idea.
I'm in for this one.

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 18:38

-sorry
OK made up my mind now after multiple edits

i like the idea and despite some criticism from other people i think it might work the only thing is you will have to get the majority of power producers in on it to make it worthwhile that includes:
Myself
power trix
power inc
etc(check general and look for the thread to find out the top 5 listed)

I would like to be involved but there should be multiple presidents and it has to be made clear that they cant muck about with the power-or it would be a waste of time and trust.

so i think the key to this working is a large amount of people and soem very trustworthy people.

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 18:56

Yes it is in a odd way unfortunate there are no sanctions or wars in this game.

When you have a military presence it is easy to trust people, for if they wrong their alliance they are quickly showed the door, and then followed out by cruise missles, and if they really messed things up nukes, etc.

I did a bunch of edits on the main thread while you were editing your post apparently. Check Farm's quote of the Original post for differences. I will continue to edit the proposal in response to ideals, and problems pointed out to me, but his will remain original.

I believe what will lure people to be trustworthy is if the "Chiefs" are entitled to a certain percentage of the cut. I think a few of us will have to sit down and do some computing to see exactly what the percentages should be.
Because right now it looks like this in reality wrote:ContractPrice=(((MarketPrice-10%)-Bank%)-ChiefGets%)
Bank%=Unknown, depends on what market price the Alliance decides on in relation to the actual market price
ChiefGets%=Unknown
I figure the financial appeal of getting a small cut of a huge sum of money should be allure enough to be honest, or at least be a decent incentive.

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 23:37

i like this idea and i am for it but we must know 100% that the Cheif is trustworthy. i am for it

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 23:40

What price will you sell the power at.

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 23:47

well, at the price power is at now i would sell my power to the cheif for... 0.145 (have for 0.14 and other half for 0.15)

Post by Guest » 22.06.2008, 00:01

Well as I said above I would not be deciding the price of power.

All the members of the Co-Op/Alliance/Syndicate whatever you want to call it would vote on everything until 2/3+1 Majority Vote was reached. The voting would take place via Robert's Rules of Order to allow the minority a chance to speak. It will be at least a week before I go ahead and make a forum, so now is a great time for questions and such.

Post by Guest » 22.06.2008, 04:25

i will not produce power for the next 1,5 years.... so you don't need to have me on board :)

Post by Guest » 22.06.2008, 10:57

Ha well fair play to myself :)

hmmm the chief should get a very small amount i believe but for his troubles still get something.

and to those who say 1 person cannot put more than 40bil on the market its actually 2.1bil(annd a a bit) per offer on the market but your allowed 60 offers at any one time making the total jump to around 125billion per chief. Which i think is perfectly acceptable :)

Post by Guest » 22.06.2008, 11:55

felixbluindustries wrote:Ha well fair play to myself :)

hmmm the chief should get a very small amount i believe but for his troubles still get something.

and to those who say 1 person cannot put more than 40bil on the market its actually 2.1bil(annd a a bit) per offer on the market but your allowed 60 offers at any one time making the total jump to around 125billion per chief. Which i think is perfectly acceptable :)
Maybe when You get premium you're allowed to have 60, but for the players that are restructuring and can't afford premium can only put on 20 offers. Believe me, I've tried. Even ask Myself. He said once that he could only put 20 offers on.

Post by Guest » 22.06.2008, 14:09

no thats where i got it from wait myself does have prem... lemme try it out :)

Post by Guest » 22.06.2008, 14:12

Oh you are right

market place

You may place a max amount of20 offers on the market.

Post by Guest » 22.06.2008, 14:18

Max for normal players: 20
Max for VIP players: 40

I posted that info aswell as the picture of the message months ago on the forum. ;)

But for a reminder:
26M FA?!? Maybe it was a few more months before I thought. :D

Post by Guest » 22.06.2008, 14:49

I believe the whole trust/market offers issue can be dealt with

There is nothing set in stone saying how many people will handle our power.
It could be each "chief" gets 10 offers for us, or each chief gets 40.

Right now I am just trying to gauge interest and work through any bugs or kinks in such a ideal before setting anything up.

The bottom line is we want to pool our power together to be a bigger influence, we allow voting to encourage people to join & stay and so everyone has a say, we contribute a percentage so we can take care of any undesired offers significantly outside of our ideal market price before they affect demand for our offers.

Basically it is just a system to increase the unity of the power producers, and to add a extra dimension to the somewhat monotonous task of supplying others with power(might make playing more fun).