(DON'T) RAISE THE POWER PRICE

Moderator: moderators

(DON'T) RAISE THE POWER PRICE

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 14:18

As many of you may already know, an evil, well not really genius (the exact opposite actually), has created a syndicate trying to raise the price of power. He claims he has enough supporters to help him raise the power price. So, I have decided to rally my own soldiers for the war against high power prices.

All people who believe the power price should remain at around 0.15-0.18 caps/kWh please post here. We will keep the power prices where they are at.

All comments, advices, knowledges, and other words (except for the bad ones) are welcome.

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 14:28

Haha I was gonna make the same thing. :lol:

I agree.

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 16:40

I'm 120% with you guys !

( With only 500 mil power a day , i don't represent much but... )

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 19:45

I'm with you guys totally i dont really make sell power but after the massive rise i bought my own PP's and im making abit of excess which i sell so im tiny but you guys are the smart ones. Everything is made using power therefore if the price goes up so does everything else helping exactly no-one and for anyone who says prices should be near the NPC price are you off your rocker? theres so much made it should be around the prices mentioned above

go canadian energy corp :P

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 20:29

this is exactly what i think. at this price me make a good (well vwerry good) profit, the consumers are condeof happy with the power price and new comes to the game dont make a big enuf profit to start produceing power. i produce 600million so i will try to help as much as posible

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 20:41

I am glad I got a lot of support, especially from power producers. Just to clarify things I do not make power. I am currently restructuring my company to become a gas business.

.22 - .17 Power Prices

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 21:10

This post is here to clarify my involvement in the "Evil ????? syndicate"

I do NOT want .25 power. I also though don't want Myself - The Financial Overlord to set his prices 2 cents lower every blasted time a small guy goes 1 cent lower than .18 (Summary: I want power to be .21-.17)

When I started producing power it was .21, small guys sold for .20-.18

My only point is I want to stop the downward trend in power prices. When Myself started lowering to .17 cents for a few days I sent a message that basically said "Would you please keep your price steady, as you hurt everyone elses profit margin when you drop the bottom out of the market. I would hate to see our power market end up like R2" The response I got was basically (Paraphrased)"I don't give a rat's hiney about the power market, or any of your other people in it. I can make a profit regardless of what price I sell it for, because I'm already rich."

So here is what I want:Stable prices between .22 and .17 That is 5 points of difference, I could care less if someone wants to try to sell higher. It just hurts me to see the bottom dropped out of the market because a volume producer adjust prices in response to less than 1 million power being sold 2 cents cheaper.

In my eyes, the solution is if you want your power sold (2 billion of it) for .18, .20 or what ever price you come up with, just buy all the small offers under 1 million power priced below you.

I hope this clarifies what I want to achieve in the power market. I am not trying to engage in a flame war here. Just trying to clear up misunderstanding on my position.

see thats what

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 09:41

Canadian Energy Corp. wrote:I am glad I got a lot of support, especially from power producers. Just to clarify things I do not make power. I am currently restructuring my company to become a gas business.
Here, I guess you said it all.
You are dependent on gas, so u want power prices less such that you make a great profit on both gas as well as power.

So u make about 2000% profit on the whole per day.
Where as we power producers have to keep quietly supplying power to the whole of Kapi.

I have seen conditions where power prices have gone down to 0.04 and power industry was nearly dead.
At that time,each and every person who was dependent on power made loads of profit-nearly 2000% to 3000%.
Who was complaining then??????
Then everyone was happy.

I want to make myself very clear here:-
The Power Industry will not withstand the pressure of one company's load on the market.
We will fight back this control on power prices.
GO RTPP

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 10:11

Well, you power producers make 1500% profit while us poor gas producers are making like 30% profit at best :(

Well thats out of sales revenue. But by production costs and the oil etc that I need I only make what I spent in profit again.

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 10:15

I'm also a gas producer and i dont make huge profits i have to buy my own oil from my own supplier who makes his own power therefore this doesnt really effect me at all!!! but when it may occasioanlly do i would like the prices to be reasonable.

power producers are making profits in the 1000's % areas but little old me i have to spend 25mil to make 45mil in 24hours...so while your reaping it in yet complainging im not even making a 80% profit. I used to produce steel as well and wanna know why that price is so close to the NPC price? thats because thats how much it costs to make!!!

steel producers and gas producers dont make a 1000% profit in fact the total opposite but do we complain? Not really but do you lot... YES!!!

Cmon be happy :/

and conco beat me to it :P

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 10:33

And also, :P what do you power producers do when you come online? Click the big produce button and sell the power you have made from the day before? You guys do absolutely nothing apart from this and yet you still complain about reaping in the money.

Perhaps to stop you all complaining you should move into another business.. Take me and Felix for example, it isn't just as simple as logging on and clicking Produce, we need to make sure we have enough oil, enough power, check our money as production is expensive.
Its extremely hard for me to find someone to supply me oil which means

I have to go on the market and try to get as much of the same Q oil as possible just so I can produce for 1 day. Most of the market prices are ridiculous and there is a very small amount of goods that I need on it which makes it even harder...

Not that it isn't rewarding and I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of other players who have to do much more just do produce their products for a day.. Think yourselves lucky that prices are so high and that you have an easy day (though it is fun for me). :roll:

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 10:43

Here is the message that I was sent by the leader of their syndicate:

Rather than going on into a war of words in the forum.
We will enter into a mutual agreement.
I think its better for both ends, that includes power producers and consumers.

We will jointly set a rate of 0.2 and from our side we assure that we will not increase the rate more than that.

But here are the things we want from you:-
1.Withdrawal of myself's offer in the market.
2.A gurantee that he will not offload such a large quantty.

If you comply to the above two demands, even we will stick to our gurantee.

My reply was very long explaining why I can't meet his demands and why I wouldn't even if I could. I will ask whoever the message was send to to post my reply here please because I forgot what I wrote.

Your reply is here

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 11:11

Here's what he wrote:-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

First of all. I am not a power producer, and also, I don't make enough money to buy Myself's offers off of the market so that is out of the question. I cannot force Myself to take them off if he doesn't want to and, most likely, when he comes back he will dump his 1 billion power per day on the market to try to drop the prices even further. When I was talking with him he said that his goal was to destroy the power market. He doesn't care what happens in the game because "I have already achieved everything I wanted in Kapilands."

A power rate of 0.2 would encourage many newcomers into the power industry and offset the supply:demand ratio that we have right now resulting in lower power prices then there are right now. So there is absolutely no way that I will agree to help you raise the power prices by even 0.01 caps. The power market on R2 is very stable and doesn't drop, it stays in the same place. Guess what! The power producers on R2 like the power price at 0.07-0.1. That means that you should be very content with a power price of 0.15-0.17

If you wish to stop your tirade for higher power prices then I will stop mine. The whole purpose of my syndicate is to keep the power prices where they are at. It is already hard to make a profit in many of the major power consuming industries such as jewellery and gold.

I wish you the best of luck in your campaign and I am very sorry for the length of this message, but you have to admit it is pretty good for a 14 year old.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To the rest of you all like felix and conocophilips, prices don't fluctuate in the gas market as they do in power market.
You guys always have the option of producing a higher quality and whats more you have the assurance that your product will be sold, if not in maket or forum but surely in the gas station

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 12:40

felixbluindustries wrote:I'm also a gas producer and i dont make huge profits i have to buy my own oil from my own supplier who makes his own power therefore this doesnt really effect me at all!!! but when it may occasioanlly do i would like the prices to be reasonable.

power producers are making profits in the 1000's % areas but little old me i have to spend 25mil to make 45mil in 24hours...so while your reaping it in yet complainging im not even making a 80% profit. I used to produce steel as well and wanna know why that price is so close to the NPC price? thats because thats how much it costs to make!!!

steel producers and gas producers dont make a 1000% profit in fact the total opposite but do we complain? Not really but do you lot... YES!!!

Cmon be happy :/

and conco beat me to it :P
yes we make 1000-2000% profit, but we make 1500% profit off 0.01 and you guys make 50%profit of 100caps (around there) its no the percentage, its the volume i admit that i could make alot more caps i another buisness, but i like power, and i think that this 0.16-0.19 is a good price for power.

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 12:41

Yes but the reason volume matters it because everything that we use and produce is highly priced.