statistics upgrade

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

statistics upgrade

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:33 pm

how about historical data, say captured at the first day of each week, month, or quarter?

might also be nice if data in statistics tables were easier to copy and paste into spreadsheet.

Re: statistics upgrade

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Of course I was referring to product statistics, not player and guild rankings.

Another improvement to product statistics: show current-period and historical data for both local market stalls and the common exchange market, in separate tables. Of course you wouldn't have "demand" data for the common market; instead just give total sales (by product quantity and by gross money value) for the period.

Another interesting category would be volume of deliveries to special buildings.

I would be surprised if any of these tables would be difficult to develop; and I can't imagine the improvement in data and transparency of markets would have a negative effect on gameplay.

A little trickier, in terms of user interface, would be to break down product stats (for each of the above three categories) by quality for each good. One UI solution would be to have the summary tables listed in the Stats sidebar menu, with more detailed tables linked from the summary table pages. So long as you maintain the "journal" feature, another solution would be to include such tables in the journals. The historical data will at least be available through the journal archive.