Residential buildings

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

Residential buildings

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:17 pm

At first I was excited by the prospect of being able to build multiple residential buildings at once. However, I'm finding the actuality to be not as helpful. For one, I don't normally need such nice, round numbers of housing. I may need 3, or 8. There's not much point in using the new system, when I can just do a middle-click 8 times. I think it would be more useful if we could actually enter the number of buildings we want ourselves, rather than having to select from a drop-down list.

Also, it would be nice, once you do get your buildings entered, if it would give you the similar "you need to acquire x amount of wood" kind of messages that you get other places, but I know that's not as easy to implement.

Re: Residential buildings

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:34 pm

I like it a lot. It saves me loads of clicking. And face it, there isn't much difference between 3 and 5, or 8 and 10. I don't care about it, but I see where the resource note would be a nice feature. However, it shouldn't be hard to implement. :wink:

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:09 pm

In my big city, it's not a huge difference, but for smaller cities, the difference between 8 and 10 could put them over the population cap and open the up to riots, depending on how closely they run to max population.

Honest! It's not just because I'm obsessed with trying to stay as close to 10% unemployment as possible! :oops:

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:07 am

I think I abused this new system and have close to 50% unemployment now!

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:39 pm

well your people cant revolt .. since you have nothing to steal in your storehouse ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:05 am

:P